Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Stage Recipes

I whipped up a Mock Tortilla Soup. One can of diced tomatoes with onions, chicken broth, and some cilantro. Put it in the blender, simmered it for a bit, put in some Protein powder (unflavored) and YUM!

Oh... and I figured out that shaved ice goes down REALLY WELL. Feels so good... and does not taste half bad either!

Poodles, can you share your recipe for cucumber Soup? It sounds yummy! And do you serve it hot or cold?

Made this yesterday, and boy, it sure hit the spot. High in Protein too, without the powder! I have this great program that allows me to enter the ingredients and amounts, then provides the nutrient profile per serving.

Black Bean Soup

1 16oz can fat free refried black Beans

2 packets or cubes of beef bouillon

2 cups Water (or less if you like it thicker)

½ cup V8 (use spicy if you want to kick it up a notch)

½ tsp Salt

1 tsp Garlic powder

½ tsp onion powder

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Strain and store in covered container in refrigerator. Individual servings can be micro waved as needed. Makes 36oz, or 6 (6oz) servings.

Nutrient Profile

Servings 6 Serving size 6oz

(Carbs 74%, Protein 26%)

Calories 79

Fat g .23

Saturated g .0035

Polyunsat. g .01

Monounsat.g .0031

Cholesterol mg 0

Sodium mg 712

Potassium g 44.9

Carbohydrate g 14.7

Dietary Fiber g 5.55

Sugars g .333

Protein g 5.22

Cherg,

I am on the same page as you. I was told clear liquid only. No creamy and no watering down the creamy Soups. I am so sick of broth. My stomach is contantly rumbling. I wonder who is right or if it's the doctor we went to that makes the difference?

Cheryl

1st week of liquids

Banded by Dr Ortiz 6/20

I'm in creamy liquids stage, one week postop. I make really good Soups, then run through the blender. I made chicken pot pie for DH, put in blender with more milk, and yummy. Another I used refried Beans, beef base, frajita seasoning, onion powder, velveeta. I have Protein Shakes, but tend to be sooooooo hungry, I slosh around filled with Soup. I don't know if the soups I'm making are doctor approved, I wasn't told what to eat, only creamy soups and other liquids.

ofps

:confused: Hi

I haven't been banded yet. But has anyone tried smoothies frozen into lollies.:hungry:

make up quite a thick consistency of fruit, yogurt and milk and freeze. I persoanally use goat and soy products due to being dairy intolant well cow anyway hehehe

they are very cooling and quite filling in the first, second and third week i suppose. :cheer2: :cheer2:

LANA

I was banded in Topeka, Ks. Everyone has been great, including the surgeon. I'm almost healed and it's only been a little over one week. I go back on Friday for check up, and probably will be starting real food (oh I do hope so).

As far as the carrot cake, I have great recipes, but shouldn't eat any of them!

ofps

My doctor instructed me to stay on Clear liquids from day one to day 7. From Day 7 only an addition of yogurt (plain).

I made soups:

1) chopped filet mignon, onion, red peppers, garlic, mushrooms and black pepper. Add low sodium beef broth. Then add chopped broccoli. Simmer for about 2 hours. Come back and pour through a strainer. It's delicious!

2) chicken cut up into strips, onion, pepper, carrots, peas, mushrooms, pepper. Add low sodium chicken broth. Add poultry seasoning. Strain.

This makes alot of extra broth, and the flavors are great and filling.

The cooked part I gave to my husband. He loves it!

I finished if off with a pineapple flavored popscicle. For a snack I had a sugar free orange Jello.

~~~

Today, I started phase two and ate a non fat plain yogurt. Additionally I added a soft boiled egg. I mean...it's about the same consistancy, both are Protein. Good for healing and it was really great to chew something!

For lunch my broth. For dinner egg drop Soup. I seem to be able to digest it all.

~~~

My morning smoothie is helping me get through the day during this liquid phase. I actually look forward to it!

Here's what I do:

1 container of Yoplait low fat yogurt - 100 cals (peach is delicious!)

1 container of non fat milk (I use the yogurt container to measure) - ~90 cals

1/2 frozen banana (I take ripe/over-ripe bananas and freeze them) - ~50 cals

some ice

2 pkts of Splenda

I throw it all in a blender and blend until smooth. It makes a large smoothie that is really filling and helps you get the Calcium you need - all for about 250 cals.