Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Stage Recipes

My first two weeks post op my dietician advised only have what would go up a thin straw and 6 x 50mls a day

So I would have 50 ml vege and fruit juice, 50 ml of blended canned Soup and 50 ml of banana/mango and skim milk smoothies with some plain yoghurt. I had each of these twice a day varying the type of juice, soup etc.

It was at the mushie stage I struggled to get variety

First let me say "I'm not a cook"..lol...second I'm doing my preop liquid diet....on this diet I purchased the "food" from my doctors office, Protein shakes, some kind of Protein Soup and the only food of substance I have is a Protein Bar. My question to this group is, does anyone have or know how to make chicken flavored soup without chicken or anything else....? I also have a cream of broccoli and cream of Tomato that aren't very good at all, wondering if I could make a cream of broccoli that taste better?

My first two weeks post op my dietician advised only have what would go up a thin straw and 6 x 50mls a day So I would have 50 ml vege and fruit juice, 50 ml of blended canned Soup and 50 ml of banana/mango and skim milk smoothies with some plain yoghurt. I had each of these twice a day varying the type of juice, soup etc. It was at the mushie stage I struggled to get variety

Idid your doctor put fill in ur band during surgery or did u have to wait a while to get the full?

Progresso Light Creamy Potato Soup With Bacon and cheese

Put into blender/bullit/vitamix or whatever and puree, pour into a bowl and sprinkle fat free cheddar on top, throw into microwave and heat. YUM YUM!!!!

My first two weeks post op my dietician advised only have what would go up a thin straw and 6 x 50mls a day

So I would have 50 ml vege and fruit juice, 50 ml of blended canned Soup and 50 ml of banana/mango and skim milk smoothies with some plain yoghurt. I had each of these twice a day varying the type of juice, soup etc.

It was at the mushie stage I struggled to get variety

Now see I don't understand I was told not to drink thru a straw on account of the air bubbles causing gas.

I've used a straw with no affects...just sip don't gulp!!! Some great ideas on here...thanks everyone!!!

Can we have home made chicken Soup? ? I don't much of the vegetables I'm suffering eating just chicken half an avocado or Beans with the chicken I'm 3 months post op

4 carrots

4 potatoes (medium sized)

1 onion

1 scallion

2 tablespoons olive oil

3 to 4 pinches of sea salt

Chop all the vegetables up and put them in a pan of Water. Add salt, and boil until soft. When soft, blend with a hand blender and add the olive oil. More or less Water will make it thicker or thiner. May add unflavored Protein powder as well.

Serves 4

This is the recipe my nutritionist put me on for my 1st week out from surgery, she said to eat 100ml each time I ate. With the Protein Powder this gives you carbs from the potatoes, Protein from the powder and nutrients from the onion and carrots.

*there is a more complex version on the mushies thread