Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Stage Recipes

:bounce:Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I'm just begining my ease into the full liquid and mushie stage and I am bored to tears! Reading these recipes has given me hope!

where do i get Protein powder for food?

4 carrots

4 potatoes (medium sized)

1 onion

1 scallion

2 tablespoons olive oil

3 to 4 pinches of sea salt

Chop all the vegetables up and put them in a pan of Water. Add salt, and boil until soft. When soft, blend with a hand blender and add the olive oil. More or less Water will make it thicker or thiner. May add unflavored Protein Powder as well.

Serves 4

This is the recipe my nutritionist put me on for my 1st week out from surgery, she said to eat 100ml each time I ate. With the Protein powder this gives you carbs from the potatoes, protein from the powder and nutrients from the onion and carrots.

*there is a more complex version on the mushies thread

I was one of the lucky patients with the terrible gas pains after surgery. While I was allowed to move from Clear liquids to full liquids after 3 days, my stomach wasn't ready for it. :sick:sick:sick When my son was little, he had bouts of gas colic, and I remember this recipe helped him. I swear it tastes just like the rice pudding (kheer) served at Indian restaurants.

Cardamom is the flavoring in chai/spice tea. It's completely unique, nothing else substitues well. It settles the tummy like a prescription drug. I've put it in my coffee for years, and everyone comments on it.

Kheer (Rice Pudding) Drink

1/4 c Gerber "Cereal for Baby" Rice Flakes

1/2 c 1% Milk

1/4 tsp Cardamom

1 pkg Stevia or Splenda sweetener

Mix all ingredients together in a coffee mug, and microwave on high for 45 seconds.

105 calories, 10g Protein

Oh my gosh, this is so good!!! Seriously, it rivals a McDonalds strawberry shake.

strawberry Cheesecake shake

-2 scoops of vanilla Myocel or vanilla Protein powder of your choice

-4 ounces skim milk

-4 frozen strawberries

-1/4 cup sugar free, fat free Jello Cheesecake pudding

Add all ingredients (protein powder last) in blender or smoothie machine and blend until smooth!!!

Hi My name is Francine:

I was banded on 9/24/07, oh this web site has been so helpful for me towards the day of my surgery etc....I am on complete liquids, as to me getting my 3 shakes in and chicken & beef boullion cubes, and sf pops..... but i feel so full all the time, the doctor told me to sip, sip, sip, I am but sometimes I just can't....... I don't wnt to over do it.... should I take long breaks between Water, shakes, boullion etc...... I want to try some of the reciepes I have read..... I tire of things very quickly....

Also how and where do I go to get the pretty bands that everyone has .:clap2:This site is very enjoyable to read... I just feel I belong . Please reply one and all..

:help: This is all new to me , and I know I will need alot of support, that's why I Joined !

Newly Banded

~ Francine ~

<p>The sliding scales can be created at ticketfactory.com. Copy the URL when you're finished. Then go to the UserCP tab at the top of this page, click on edit signature, and then add the URL.</p>

ABS Ultimate Power smoothie

1 cup 1% milk

2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt

3/4 cup instant oatmeal, nuked in Water

2 teaspoons Peanut Butter

2 teaspoons chocolate whey powder

6 ice cubes, crushed

Makes 2 8-ounce servings

Calories per serving: 220; protein: 12g; Carbs; 29g; Fat: 4g; Saturated fat:1.5g ; Sodium:118 mg; Fiber: 3g

Source Book: The ABS Diet , By David Zinczenko

Enjoy ;).

banana Split smoothie

1 banana

1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt

1/8 cup frozen orange juice concentrate

1/2 cup 1% milk

2 teaspoons whey power

6 ice cubes, crushed

Makes 2 8-ounce servings

Calories per serving: 171; Protein: 8 g; Carbs: 33 g; Fat: 2g

Saturated fat: 1 g; Sodium: 94 mg; fiber: 2 g

Source Book: The ABS Diet ,David Zinczenko

Enjoy ;)

Cheddar Potato Soup (full liquids)

1/2 carton of Imagine Potato Leek Soup (its smooth and pretty thin...no chunks)

1/3 can Campbell's Cheddar cheese Soup

1/2 cup skim milk

onion powder to taste

Mix together, heat, serve, enjoy....it's very tasty.

Thank you for all of the recipes! I started some of my grocery shopping today in preparation for my October 11th surgery. This was a tip posted by someone earlier. I also followed another tip and went to allrecipes.com (which is my favorite site to find holiday desserts). I found this lovely dessert for the liquid phase that may help with a sweet tooth. I modified the recipe for our dietary needs:

strawberry Soup

INGREDIENTS

• 2 cups strawberries
  • 1 cup skim milk (the recipe actually calls for buttermilk)
  • 1 teaspoon Splenda

DIRECTIONS

1. Place strawberries and skim milk into a blender or food processor and puree. Sweeten with Splenda to taste, blend and either serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator.