Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Stage Recipes

I JUST COOKED UP A FEW OF THE RECIPIES I FOUND ON HERE AND LOVE EVERYONE OF THEM... THANKS:thumbup:

Baked Potato Soup

1 small baking potato (about the size of a large lemon)

1 cup low fat milk or plain Silk soymilk

1/2 - 1 teaspoon butter (optional)

1/4 cup chicken broth (use broth, not bullion, for the extra protein)

salt and pepper to taste

dash of Bell's Seasoning (comes in a little box)

dash of paprika

Bake the potato in the microwave or oven. Let it cool slightly, then remove the skin and any crusty bits of the flesh. Place into a blender with the milk, butter, and chicken broth and blend until liquified. Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer to remove any lumps, then put into a small pot and add salt and pepper and Bell's Seasoning to taste. You can thin it out more if you like by adding Water or more chicken broth. Heat through gently. Serve with the dash of paprika on top. Makes about 10 oz.

Protein 9 gm

Calories approx 200

Fat 8 gm.

Sugars 8 gm

My parter is getting toward the end of three weeks of liquid diet and is climbing the walls for something different. This seemed to be very satisfying.

BadgerMom

Can these recipes be used for the two week diet before the surgery?? They really sound good, Thanks Bobbie:tongue2:

I really like a cup of coffee blended with ice and 1 scoop of chocolate protien. I makes a great mocha frapp! with all the calories coming form the chocolate protien mix.

try this sight for more bariactric recipes and ideas

http://www.bariatriceating.com/bafhe.html

Edited by 1bayougirl

Here's a little concoction I just love:

1-2 TB Simply Jif Low Carb Peanut Butter

1 small jar baby food Bananas Stage 1

1-2 packets Splenda (depending on your tastes)

1/4 c or more Milk to make it as smooth as you want

I throw it all in my little mini food processor and it's so yummy!!

Just thought I'd share since the liquid stage gets sooooo boring!

:lol: Yum that sounds good , I am going to add those things to my grocery list. Thanks.

Something I wanted to recommend was a FANTASTIC Soup I had today. It is one of my favorites when I am sick and it is broth based (fish stock) so my hubby brought it home for me and we strained it for my diet this week and it ROCKED!!!. You can get it from your local Vietnamese Restaurant. It is called 'Bun Suong' (House Special Vermacelli with Shrimp & Pork).

Let me just explain this Soup and what you will do when you get it home: You get a HUGE container of Fish Stock, then a to-go box filled with vermicelli noodles, cilantro, mint, 2 boiled shrimp, roasted pork, bean sprouts, lime wedge, jalapenos, & onions. Be sure to ask fo some 'fish sauce' on the side (fish stock, carrots, spices, all mixed together in small container) really adds to the flavor of the broth. Place everyting in large bowl EXCEPT the noodles (you don't want the carbs to even cook in the broth) and the fresh jalapenos are up to you. I would do ONE since your tummy is sensitive right now. So toss the noodles and the japs and let everything else soak into the broth for about 10 minutes. Strain it, funnel the broth into a rubbermaid pitcher to save for later and pour yourself a cup! It is so good you will flip! Totaly settled my tummy. I had a rough day yesterday, the thought of any more liquids made me sick & this really helped...made me feel like I was eating food (because of the flavor).

Anyway, just sharing a great find! Hope you like it! :shades_smile:

OMG! That sounds fabulous! Can I have the protien powder during my 1st week though? I bet I can sub Water for milk on the swiss miss. YUM! I'll try ANYTHING at this point! So sick of plain broths and fruit-2-o and diet cranberry!! UGH! ;-)

Not sure if anyone posted anything similar yet, but I thought that this sounds great with a little tweaking of course. No peanuts for garnish, and use low carb Peanut Butter and use butter spray possibly. I had something similar to this in Williamsburg last year...very good!

Peanut Butter Soup

2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons grated onion

1 stalk celery, thinly sliced

2 tablespoons flour

3 cups chicken broth

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

2 tablespoons dry sherry

2 teaspoons lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts

In medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in flour and mix until well blended. Gradually stir in chicken broth. Stirring to keep mixture smooth, simmer 30 minutes. Remove from heat and strain. Return liquid to heat and stir in peanut butter, sherry, lemon juice and salt. Heat through and serve garnished with chopped peanuts.

Makes: 4-6 servings.

I found these...thought they might be helpful. It has to taste better than canned soup!

Cream of Vegetable Soup (Low Fat Cream Soup Base)

Source: Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites : Flavorful recipes for Healthful Meals

Servings: 6

Think of this recipe as the basic template for making a low-fat creamy soup. We've given specific ingredients for making broccoli, spinach, or asparagus soup. The soup base is also good for carrot, celery, and zucchini Soups.< /span>

SOUP BASE:

2 1/2 cups chopped onions

1 garlic clove, minced or pressed

3 cups diced potatoes

1 cup chopped celery

3 cups Water

vegetables and herbs of your choice (see below)

CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

BROCCOLI:

5 cups chopped broccoli (florets and peeled stems)

1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (1/4 teaspoon dried)

2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (1 teaspoon dried)

1 tablespoon fresh marjoram (1/2 teaspoon dried)

SPINACH

10 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed, tough stems removed

1/4 teaspoon nut meg

2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (1 teaspoon dried)

1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (1/4 teaspoon dried)

ASPARAGUS

5 cups chopped asparagus (about 3 pounds in the store)

2 tablespoons minced fresh dill (2 teaspoons dried)

1/2 teaspoon ground white or black pepper

2 cups buttermilk

salt to taste

In a soup pot, combine the onions, garlic, potatoes, celery, and Water. Bring to a boil, then cover, lower the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.

Add your chosen combination of green vegetable and herbs and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes more, until the vegetables are tender.

Working in batches in a blender or food processor, purée the soup with the buttermilk (can use powdered cooking buttermilk or fat free buttermilk if needed). Return it to the soup pot. Add salt to taste, reheat, and serve.

CREAM OF GREEN VEGETABLE SOUP WITH BROCCOLI PER 10-OZ SERVING:

126 calories, 5.8 g Protein, 1.0 g fat, 25.1 g carbohydrates, 5 g saturated fatty acids, .2 g polyunsaturated fatty acids .2 g monounsaturated fatty acids, 3mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium 3.5 g total dietary Fiber

CREAM OF GREEN VEGETABLE SOUP WITH SPINACH PER 10-OZ SERVING:

122 calories, 5.5 g Protein, 1.0 g fat, 24.1 g carbohydrates, .5 g saturated fatty acids 2 g polyunsaturated fatty acids, 2 g monounsaturated fatty acids, 3 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 3 2 g total dietary fiber

CREAM OF GREEN VEGETABLE SOUP WITH ASPARAGUS PER 10-OZ SERVING:

132 calories 6.4 g protein, 1.1 g fat

:) Thanks for those great ideas, I'm doing better every week, I'm down 42lbs and still kicking LOL, I'm still getting tired but I guess it's getting better. I'll be glad when I can just go back to doing the things I use to do. Hugs Bobbie:thumbup:

A teaspoon of paprika gives it some more flavor and color, too! In the later stages, you can add some greens (kale or mustard greens) to make it more interesting