Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for pre mixed protein

I just read your post for Unjury, do you have any other ideas for good Protein drinks......I have been using Carb solutions, but all I can find is the powder....:( It is nasty. I like the pre mixed, but can't find it anymore.

I am looking for something I can buy in stores. Any Ideas?;)

Bariatric Eating has a lot of different RTD (ready to drink) options. I've found Isopure Zero Carb RTD at Vitamin Shoppe. They're at some GNCs to, though not my closest one. ;)

I highly recommend the Isopure Zero Carb & the AchievOne -- they taste sorta like Starbucks Frapaccinos (sp). They DO have caffeine, so careful! The New whey liquid Protein is like Jello shots, sorta gross, but you can do it. 25g of Protein in 3 oz of "liquid", lol. Can't beat it!

Unfortunately, RTD protein is about $3 per bottle, give or take .50. But if it keeps me from grabbing that bag of chips, it's worth it! :(

I don't know about Carb Solutions but I was gagging on every Protein mix until I tried this:

Mix your protein in 1 1/2 cups of fat free milk and add 3 tablespoons of sugar free fat free chocolate pudding along with 1 tablespoon of reduced fat creamy Peanut Butter. I swear it tastes like drinking a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. Using FF milk and SF FF pudding with reduced fat peanut butter really helps keep the fat, carbs, and calories under control. With two scoops of the protein mix I get in 40 grams of protein in that one drink.

Good luck.

Thanks for the responses.......I heard of Isopure, so I will give that a try.:party:

I just bought Atkins Advantage. Something to get me by till I can find the Carb Solutions drink. I really never minded drinking that.

Thanks for your help. :rolleyes:

Ceparano user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_196754", true);

Where Can I buy clear Protein?

I remember someone here mention they have used a "clear" Protein called Natures Best Zero. Is that the correct name? I can not find it locally. Where did you purchase yours?

Thanks for your help.

Roberta

I use the premixed, ready to drink (RTD) Protein Shakes from Medifast (Medifast.com) which I buy online. It's the one my surgeon recommends.

I have tried about every Protein drink out there and the one I like the best is found at Walmart, GNC, grocery stores. It is made by EAS, comes in a silver packaging and is low carb. It actually has no carbs (made with Sucralose - Splenda), has 100 calories in 11 oz and comes in 2 chocolate flavors, strawberry, vanilla, and cookies-n-cream. I used them a few years ago when I was weight training and tried some in between but always go back to them. They have 15gm Protein per drink. Of course, everyone has different tastes.

Celeste

DOS - 3/1/06

- 41 lbs

Roberta, I think you mean Isopure Zero Carb (by Nature's Best). Vitamin Shoppe or GNC carry them (my GNC doesn't, pft!). You can also get them online at www.bariatriceating.com, but shipping is prohibitive.

They are clear, so I used them extensively post-op. They taste, um, like kool-aid with that awful Protein aftertaste, but you get used to it. My favorites are the Blue Raspberry, Icy Orange & pineapple Orange banana.

They're about $3 a bottle, 20 oz, 40g Protein, 160 calories (nothing but protein).

I'm still pre-op (until Monday - May 1st!!!!!) but I absolutely LUV the Isopure clear RTD!!! It is pricey ($3.50 for a 20 oz bottle at GNC) but it is sooooooo worth it. Like Janet I like the Icy Orange but I really like the Grape Frost! They don't really have an after taste to me, which is weird 'cause I absolutely gag on the regular powder stuff. Icy Orange tastes like Tang & Grape Frost tastes like koolaid!!! :Banane33: The Alpine Punch is ok too, but it does have a little after taste! I've tried the Mango-Peach but it was too sweet for me. They have several flavors & right now GNC has buy 5 get 1 free!!!! :clap2:

Janet & Mikie - - Thanks to your good words about Dr. Sewell in Southlake, that is who I chose for my surgeon!!! I'll keep ya posted on my progress!!!! Think of me on Monday!!! :(

Wow, go Tina!! Congrats on your surgery date! Dr Sewell is the best! And the surgery center... oooo la la! :(

Btw, I've became an Isopure vendor yesterday, so if you're interested, I can get it for wholesale for folks in the DFW area. Shoot me a PM if you want some. ($2.50 / bottle instead of $3.50)

I'll be thinking of you on Monday!

I use WorldWide Pure Protein pre-made (cans), they are only 100 calories (some are 160 calories) anywhere from 21 - 35 gms of Protein per drink and only 2 - 4 gms carbs. I get the vanilla creme. It taste great, even my 4 year old likes it and she turns her nose up to everything.

I get them at Trader Joes for $1.69 a can. This is what I've been using for my breakfast on the way to work.

LOVE THEM !! (just not the chocolate).