Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll tell you a little about me I need help

my surgery was on January 11, 2013 I started with 233 pounds as today my weight is 200 pounds so I've only lost 33 pounds I feel that not much progras and really I'm following all the rules. i eat evrey 5 to 6 hour small portion .drinks 8 glass of Water a day i have my first fill in2/26/2013 4cc feel no difference and I feel I can eat more than 6 ounces per ,meal ,but I control myself not to eat much or over eating.my question is you think I'm good or I do not have much progress. after the fill and only loss 2 pounds. I'm very confused and I have much fear of failure in my weight loss attempt ,the truth is that I feel no restriction with 4cc and I can eat anything bread, rice, eggs, almost everything that everyone says you can not eat. like bread or rice i dot eat but is because I do not want. so please ,please need opinion of you and let me know if everything normal ho no tank u

I think 33 pounds is great since January. It seems small, but I was just telling my hubby last night that one of the 1000 reasons I went with the band was because of a slow and steady weight loss which is healthier to your body and more sustainable. I was banded Feb 28, and from all my reading on here, we are living bandster hell until we hit the green zone. Keep doing what you are doing and keep regular visits with your doctor!

HTH!

33 pounds is a lot that's 4 pounds a week. Doctors say 1-2 pounds is normal. The band is not meant to stop you from eating any specific food!!!!!! Don't think the band isn't working because you can eat bread.

Also how much do you have to loose? Lower bmi at time of surgery normally means slower loss.

First, please don't underline your text. It's annoying to read.

30 lbs is more than most in just 2 months. Until you get enough fills to give you adequate restriction the band wont work it's magic. It can take up to 6 fills before it really starts to work.

What you are experiencing happened to most all of us. No reason to fear since you're doing better than most.

"Until there's restriction...It's just another diet"---B-52

33 pounds is amazing in such a short time!! Sorry but your expectations are a little out of whack. I really mean that with no disrespect intended. A lot of us go through surgery and then automatically we have that expectation that the weight is going to fall off. It does not work that way at all. Slow and gradual that's how it goes. Sooner you get acclimated to that idea the better off you will be. Took me a long time and a lot of frustration to figure it out. I wish you better.

Not trying to push my blog on to anyone but if you give this entry a read it may or may not help.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/blog/6807/entry-25584-patienceband-requires-much-patience-especially-at-the-start-of-it-all/

I'm a little confused you eat 5-6 times a day or every 5-6 hrs. Are you getting enough Protein. Sometimes if you done eat enough protein you won't lose. My doc said 60g of protein a day. That's me eating every 2 hrs 4oz at a time so like from 7am-7pm but 30lbs is great keep up with what your doing. I also am at a standstill but I keep pushing through it because the rewards will be worth it in the end! Good Luck how it helps

Why is there such a misconception that with the band that your not able or shouldn't be able to eat certain foods? Then when people can, they think the band isnt working properly! I was never told this by my physician. He explained to me that the tighter you have your band, the harder it will be to eat certain foods. He also informed me that it's not necessary to have it that tight to lose. It would be my choice on how I chose to eat, and what I chose to eat. The bands only job was to keep me satisfied on less food. Maybe I'm the one confused??!!

If you think you are losing slowly now (which you are not, but I know the feeling!), brace yourself. It's probably going to slow down pretty soon. You probably have some plateaus ahead, too. Keep doing what you're doing. It's hard to be patient and keep chugging along when you don't see instant results, but that's what we have to do! I don't mean that to sound patronizing. I have to keep telling myself the same thing.

As others said, 33 lbs in 2 months is fantastic! It is not a race, it is a new way to live. Great going and keep up with your had work. It ain't, always, easy, but it is worth it! Karen

33 pounds is amazing in such a short time!! Sorry but your expectations are a little out of whack. I really mean that with no disrespect intended. A lot of us go through surgery and then automatically we have that expectation that the weight is going to fall off. It does not work that way at all. Slow and gradual that's how it goes. Sooner you get acclimated to that idea the better off you will be. Took me a long time and a lot of frustration to figure it out. I wish you better.

Not trying to push my blog on to anyone but if you give this entry a read it may or may not help.

http://www.lapbandta...tart-of-it-all/

your post was spot on.

Thank -u everyone

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I feel the same way kershe. I was banded 1-25 and i often find myself thinking.. Damn shouldn't i be losing more? But in al reality 30 lbs in 2 months is great. We need to lose the weight slowly.. For the sake of keeping it off, lessen the risk of extra skin and sometimes i think iy can be unhealthy to lose so much so fast.

I feel your pain. But we just need to stay focused on the big picture. My goal is 8-10 lbs a month.. And in all actuality im exceeding that goal.

Keep ur chin up!

I was banded 12/17 lost 32 lbs and becuz I feel no restriction' date=' I have gained back 4. I'd love to have your problems!!![/quote']

Banjo I am with you on gaining weight. I had no restrictions up until last Thursday now I can't eat anything. I have lost the 4 lbs. But nt in a healthy way. I Go back this week to get some Fluid takin out.