Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions I wished I had asked.....

Does anyone have questions, even silly ones or ones that might not seem important, that you wish u asked the surgeon, dietician, psychologist BEFORE you had the surgery??

I didn't know some surgeons put ports in various areas. I would ask where the port will be (just out of curiosity).

Also whether they put any fill in at the time of surgery (mine didn't)

i always got silly questions...because i am in compliance at my job.. i have a habit of writing things down...so i had a list (and still do) when i go to my dr (reg doctor and lap band)....i asked about sex, my periods (will they change), scarring, you name it i most likely asked it......you can ask how long before you can drive again (as i did not) and hub ended up asking for me.....

I would ask the nutritionist very specifically

-How many calories a day should I be eating?

-How much Protein should I be eating?

I would also make sure you're given a very detailed post op diet to follow by your doctor.

I would also ask your doctor how often he does fills and what to expect when he does them.

Good luck!

I would have asked why the hospital would put a table of girl scouts selling Cookies right at the front door to the bariatric surgery wing. After a pre surgical fast no less. Those poor little girl scouts were almost in fear for their lives as A deranged 320 pound starving man almost lost all control, however the sale they almost had would have put them in new uniforms for years to come. lol

I would ask the nutritionist very specifically

-How many calories a day should I be eating?

-How much Protein should I be eating?

I would also make sure you're given a very detailed post op diet to follow by your doctor.

I would also ask your doctor how often he does fills and what to expect when he does them.

Good luck!

I am so glad i had the nutritionist i had... she and i set for HOURSSSS going over everything. Plastic food and all... portion size, etc..

I have my binder, i think i will make a copy and post it for everyone... it may help someone out there

Looking back, it would have been , whats this "bandster hell" I keep hearing about? Thanks to my friends here at LBT, they clued me in.

I was under the impression that the pouch was small, you can only physically eat a small amount, from the get go. NOT!

I'd like to ask my surgeon how soon after surgery can we start up with the sex? But I'm too embarassed to do so. Which is incredibly stupid, since I live in France where people talk about sex all the time! :D Hey...after you have a baby they tell you without you asking! It should be the same of LB surgery!

I would have asked when and how often I could get fills..it took 3 b4 I was in the green and not suffering any more

I would have asked about things to do to keep the bowels moving. Big problem for me. It took 16 months to get the right combo down!

Well, I have several. I did NOT know anyone that had lap band surgery to ask. . . considered myself very informed.

* how long will I have hair loss after the surgery; does it get better

* is Constipation an ongoing issue and why?

* why my surgeon refuses to use fluro fill

* lots more questions about the length of time expected for "bandster hell"

* how long it will take to get to the green zone

~ good luck on your journey ~

I wish I would have asked what one food is high in Protein, low carb, low in fat, rich in Calcium, low in sodium, low in calorie, high in Iron, savory and not sweet, available at any drive thru, smooth enough to go past my band, able to meet all my Vitamin and mineral needs, that will satisfy my hunger and I'll never get tired of its texture or taste and not total more than 1.5 cups in mass for a daily allowance. It's now my life's Quest to find it and when I do, I'll be a zillionaire!