Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

taking a break from LBT--pointless

Since the band isn't working for me, probably won't ever work for me, I'm taking a break from LBT.

I'm gaining weight on 1200 calories -- I'm gaining at 1000 calories, and no, my clothes are not getting any looser. I'm down one entire size in a year. I can't do this any more. I can't bare to see everyone succeed where I cannot. Im just beating myself up.

I had such enthusiasth, I thought for sure that the band would be the answer. So many people have had such wonderful success, and I thought I too would be one of them. That I would finally be able to lose the wight. Nothing else ever worked for me, and as it turns out, the band didn't work for me either.

The definiton of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

Vines come to the Disbanded forum. We all have no bands so we feel your pain.

Vines come to the Disbanded forum. We all have no bands so we feel your pain.

Excellent advice. I hate to see you beat yourself up and I totally understand your frustration. Please please please keep us posted on your trip to OSHU (is that right?) and your Cushings diagnosis/treatment...whatever happens! Lots of people love and care about you, Crystal. We need to know how you are. Back burner the band, but don't give up. You band will wait while you figure out what's going on. Do what you need to do to take care, and I totally support you. Sometimes I just don't know what to do/not do to help. Just know I send love and hugs and prayers for answers for you.

Please don't go far.

Vines, my first thought was, I am going with her. Life with the band sucked, and life without the band sucks. Stay around and just hang it in our no band land section.....We understand...There are times that I don't want to come here, cause "she has her band and I don't". Well regardless of band or no band, we are all striving for one thing......to lose weight. Stay around, you give the best advice.......and I love to read your posts!

VQ, my heart goes out to you and I hope you enjoy your sabbatical. Please don't leave permanently; you have lots of friends here and people are walking all sorts of different journeys. I can completely understand if it's difficult, though.

You're an extraordinary person. We <3 you.

I really started not to post here, I actually closed out the thread as tears streamed down my face. My heart is breaking for you. I too have come to know you, well as good as one can I guess, through your posts. We have talked a few times through private messaging about your dancing. As corny as this may sound I feel I have to say this.... you are my hero!!

Here is a big girl who Belly Dances!!!! Wow I am so impressed and envied you so. Here is something I had always wanted to do but never had the guts to do it and here you were not only doing it but in front of people. That stills WOWS me!

I know you are having some major health issues but please never give up on yourself Crystal. You have touched so many lives and blessed so many people by being here, please allow us to do the same for you. LBT would lost without you. I cant say I know your frustration for we all have our own demons to deal with, but I can say we are here for you no matter what.

Vines,

Yep! It sucks! I feel your pain. Like others have said...come to the disbanded forum. We DEFINITELY understand. I sometimes, too, have a hard time hearing of other's successes when I failed miserably.

I love reading your posts and enjoy your enthusiasm for life and would miss it greatly. Stick around - you need us almost as much as WE NEED YOU).

Vines.....you have done nothing but give beautiful advice and guidance to everyone here on this board, myself included. You give...and give...and give....maybe it's time for you to receive some of your own brand of love and support.

Vines....this lap band thing? It sucks. I mean really...it blows. Big time. And there is nothing more frightening that that feeling of "I. Give. Up." Been there myself. I'm fighting demons I never knew I had and some new ones have cropped up.

So girl...talk to me...what else is going on in your life? You are the most gall durned determined human I believe I've ever met. It's odd to hear this sound of resignation in your voice....

Are you tired? Stressed? Overworked? Need a vacation? Need a hug? Need a kick in the pants? I can provide some help on some of those.

What's else is going on in your life girl? Talk to us.

Know that you are loved and supported right here. We're your family. No not the crazy unhinged one that causes you more stress than good. Nope, we're the ones with hinges in place and worried look in our eyes wondering how we can help our sister stand up tall again.

Talk to us......

I don't want to see you go, but I don't want you to stay here & hurt either. Please try the unbanded room before you decide for sure. You mean a lot to me! You kept a fire lit under my butt when I wanted to give up. Love ya girl!!

Vines, although you will be missed, I can understand why you'd be disheartened seeing all the tickers with losses when you struggle so much.

ALthough maybe hanging out in the unbanded forum would help, or just take a break and come back.

Hey, maybe even start your own forum or a section for Bandsters with hormonal issues who are struggling??

I agree with every one Vines, your an important part around here please don't leave permenantly....you would be sorely missed.

Im only going to say one thing - and I know you will understand...

Leaving & giving up the easy way out - and from what I know of you in 3 months you take the easy way out - kind of like me.

:( sorry if I offend you, but dangit you made me see some things in a different light, now who will do that???

doh edited: made a boo boo in a sentance

ALEXANDER:

Dear God.... How did I come to this?

I played Richard III...

There were Five curtain calls! I was an ACTOR once, damn it. Now look at me ... LOOK AT ME! I cannot go out there, and I won’t say that stupid line one more time. I can’t ... and I won’t.

JASON:

You will . . . go out there.

ALEXANDER:

I won't. And nothing you can say will make me.

JASON:

The show must go on.

ALEXANDER:

Damn You! Damn You!

Never give up. Never surrender.

Just take a short break if you must but please, please come back soon. We'll all miss you so much.

"By Grabthar's hammer, you shall be avenged."