Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gardening Questions and Pictures

RE: clover issues

I went to Walmart today and saw a product called Weed B Gone. "They" say that its awesome for killing clover grass.

Hey everyone, I wanted to share my good news...

Look what bloomed today? Its my double bloom hibiscus. And at the top of the pic you can see another bloom fixing to open. :clap2: **Now, if I can keep the DOG from eating it, I will be even happier**

post-204070-13813133252949_thumb.jpg

Oh Paula, that is drop-dead gorgeous!!:faint:Does your dog really eat those? I would have a problem with that too. Try sprinkling some chili pepper around the pot and maybe he'll stay away. :)

I may have to get me one of those. How long do they take to mature?

DeAnn what a fab garden how relaxing and satisfying to be able to sit out in something as beautiful as that well done,

Paula is it easy to grow hibiscus it's something i have never planted

Does your dog really eat those?

YES! I had *2* long stems on a 'Lily of the Nile' plant. Each stem had about 6 buds just wanting to bloom....

HE ATE THEM!

All the anticipation I had built up seeing those stems produce little buds - waiting for the blooms to appear.

And the damn dog ate them before they showed any color.

i hate that dog.

Chili pepper is NOT what I have in mind for THAT dog.

Paula is it easy to grow hibiscus it's something i have never planted

jenny, so far so good! you may want to ask Carola (archermom) more about hibiscus plants. She seems to have the right idea - her hibiscus plants are HUGE ((beautiful too))!

Ive seem these plants in planters AND in the ground. Im not sure if certain ones do better in one place then the other.

But all Ive done is put this one in a bigger planter then the one it came in, and Water it with Miracle grow once a week. Simple enough!

I should have 2 more blooms open by Wed.

I love flowers.

i hate that dog.

Chili pepper is NOT what I have in mind for THAT dog.

I hope a shovel is not what your thinking. I would either find that dog a home if I disliked him that much or find a product to keep him away from my plants. My first thought is, I would want to KILL him and second, I would be concerned he could die from something he ate. Is that an oxymoron?

Check out this link:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441780739&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302033166&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023689&bmUID=1146543741541&itemNo=39&In=Dog&N=2033166&Ne=2

I wish you luck and hope you can solve this problem!! :phanvan Your plants are too pretty not to mention the work that goes into them.

OH MY GOODNESS..:confused: ...this is my first time looking at the gardens and I am in awwwww. I almost want to cry, they are sooooo beautiful. You guys are awesome. When I start playing in the dirt I am calling you guys. Awwwww:omg: :eek:

What a gorgeous color Paula, are Hibiscus easy to grow? I would love that color with our walkway - I never know what to put in the rock weed pit we call a yard lol

:doh: we went to Walmart yesterday and I didnt even go to the garden dept to look for anything for the clover - we pulled all the weeds out Sun morning so I need to put something down so it doesn't come back.

I love Hydrangeas but can't keep up with them - I planted 2 in the garden and the one is getting ready to bloom, but I think I killed the other 2 potted ones <sigh> I forgot to pull the plug on the bottom of the planter and the Water couldn't drain:embarassed:

Going to try the weed be gone or weed and feed - making a note now or I might forget again.

That is a gorgeous hibiscus Paula!

Do you have any problems with white flies where you live? Hibiscus are notorious for attracting them in CA. I have a good "fix" for that if anyone has a whitefly problem.

I'll attach our pond pics. It's not a beautiful, natural looking pond like some of the others here. We made it out of leftover stone and whatever we could find. Still have to grow something up over the visible tube. I was so proud when my son Arthur found an old, very-worn piece of telephone pole and used it to make the fountain gulley. He's inherited my knack for creating out of rubish!

post-204088-138131334771_thumb.jpg

post-204088-1381313347743_thumb.jpg

post-204673-13813133257855_thumb.jpg

post-204673-13813133258129_thumb.jpg

Kare ~ I think your pond is very pretty. :confused: It looks like something you would see in the woods. Glad to hear your son inherited your creative side. I wished my DH would inherit some. :heh:

Teresita ~ Proceed with caution....you may get recruited by some on here to come "play" in the dirt. Someone was talking about digging holes. :eyebrows:

All I can say is WOW! I've saved lots of these pics to use for my "dream house" collection for future use. I love love love all the ponds, beautiful! I wanted to try a little garden this spring, but we live in a duplex and can't do anything to the grounds. Ya'll have done some wonderful things with your yards.

Kare doesn't the sound of the trickling Water make you want to pee :nervous

3loves- I want to play in the dirt. I'll dig a hole just not for 15 minutes or more.:grouphug:

Kare doesn't the sound of the trickling Water make you want to pee :nervous

Only if I'm getting a massage. Really, some friends and I went to a day spa once and we all got massages. There was one of those tabletop fountains trickling in the room and half-way thru the 1-hour massage I just HAD to interrupt it to go pee!! Luckily it wasn't a 90-minute massage or I would have had to go again!

:rolleyes

Does anyone have those stupid moles? I almost trip from their runs in the yard. We must have a bad case of them. :cry I have heard traps are very efficient, but I don't think I could handle that. Any suggestions? :)

Does anyone have those stupid moles? I almost trip from their runs in the yard. We must have a bad case of them. :cry I have heard traps are very efficient, but I don't think I could handle that. Any suggestions? :)

May I suggest you learn more about these interesting little creatures that you live with/near. I am including a link to the fact sheet on mole control published by Ohio State (I am an Oklahoma Master Gardener but hey, Ohio has a good program so I'm not ashamed to recommend them:nervous )http://ohioline.osu.edu/w-fact/0011.html

Quote from OSU fact sheet 0011...

"Trapping is the most effective and practical method of mole control. In general, trapping success is greatest in the spring and fall, especially after rain. In the summer and winter, moles are active in deep soil and more difficult to locate. Three types of mole traps are especially effective: harpoon, scissor-jaw, and choker loop. To ensure safe and humane deployment, be sure to follow printed instructions."

Also...

"Each year a mole can have one litter of two to six young, depending on the health of the female. Gestation lasts about five to six weeks, which means that you can expect litters anywhere from mid-April through May. Believe it or not, young moles have less than a 50% chance of surviving long enough to reproduce. "

Hope this helps!