Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mostly unfilled due to overfill and band slippage.

I transferred from my Dr.s office due to the ineptitude of his assistant nurse. In doing so, she didn't send the proper #'s In my band to thre TR surgicenter which ultimately ended be up with a band so tight I couldnt get 2 bited of baked turkey down.

Needless to say after going months (my fault) hoping that would adjust I went in, got an exray and my band had slipped a tad. Result-UNFILL from 7 to 3 in one swoop. In 2 months I put back on 12 Lbs. I could eat everything. My habits have definitely not gone away.

Getting back on track. Filled to 5 now, and filling up on healthier foods. I NEED that incentive to keep me in check. Starting crossfit (anyone else do this). Yay!

Anyone else go throught this type of battle?

I transferred from my Dr.s office due to the ineptitude of his assistant nurse. In doing so, she didn't send the proper #'s In my band to thre TR surgicenter which ultimately ended be up with a band so tight I couldnt get 2 bited of baked turkey down.

Needless to say after going months (my fault) hoping that would adjust I went in, got an exray and my band had slipped a tad. Result-UNFILL from 7 to 3 in one swoop. In 2 months I put back on 12 Lbs. I could eat everything. My habits have definitely not gone away.

Getting back on track. Filled to 5 now, and filling up on healthier foods. I NEED that incentive to keep me in check. Starting crossfit (anyone else do this). Yay!

First off, it's unprofessional. Secondly, when prepping for a fill, it's proper procedure for all Fluid to be removed from your band to determine if any Fluid has leaked, see if it is still clear (if not, it's a sign of infection) and how much fill you have. If your new clinic didn't do this, they aren't following Allergan's fill procedure.

At your next fill, ask about this...glad you're doing better!

First off, it's unprofessional. Secondly, when prepping for a fill, it's proper procedure for all Fluid to be removed from your band to determine if any Fluid has leaked, see if it is still clear (if not, it's a sign of infection) and how much fill you have. If your new clinic didn't do this, they aren't following Allergan's fill procedure.

At your next fill, ask about this...glad you're doing better!

Yep, they have done this twice now. And yes, My Dr.s Nurse (Beth @ Baychoice) WAS extremely unprofessional. One of the worst people I have ever dealt with in healthcare. They were associated with True results so all paperwork was to be sent to TR surgicenter for future fills. Problem is Nurse Beth was SO inept that she most likely put down the wrong numbers. TR does not like to unfill EVERY time you get a fill. Said it is counterproductive, that is why they are very specific with their paperwork. I have had a few eyerolls when I told them I transferred from Dr. Hollis' office and Beth was responsible for the papers.

We are on track now, though.

Your new clinic should be doing this too...

They ARE the ones that are doing it.

I think I might mave not explained it well.

Just out of curiousity, befre they started refilling you, did they do a follow-up xray to make sure that your slip was fixed? This is EXACTLY what my dr did with a slip, took out 1/2 of my fill (instead of all of it like most do) and then gave me 4 weeks to rest. Then started filling me again without doing another xray. By the time we found out that I was still slipped was months later, 2 fills and my severe reflux back with a vengeance. It's now been almost a year and I still have a minor slip (not enuf for surgery, apparently). I can't trransfer drs, however, cuz the 1 I go to is a Center of Excellence and the only one that Medicare will pay for. I found out (I drive a 6 hr round trip to get to my drs) that the local dr will see me but they want $1100 just to transfer me + $300 each fill/unfill. My dr only charges me $160, so it's worth it to me to continue.

Just wondering if you had a follow-up xray before they started filling u again before starting the fill process. Good luck!

Marci

Yes, that was the first thing they did when I returned after the unfill.

BTW, they did an xray before and after the unfill in December. So I have had a total of 3 xrays between late December and now.

Just out of curiousity, befre they started refilling you, did they do a follow-up xray to make sure that your slip was fixed? This is EXACTLY what my dr did with a slip, took out 1/2 of my fill (instead of all of it like most do) and then gave me 4 weeks to rest. Then started filling me again without doing another xray. By the time we found out that I was still slipped was months later, 2 fills and my severe reflux back with a vengeance. It's now been almost a year and I still have a minor slip (not enuf for surgery, apparently). I can't trransfer drs, however, cuz the 1 I go to is a Center of Excellence and the only one that Medicare will pay for. I found out (I drive a 6 hr round trip to get to my drs) that the local dr will see me but they want $1100 just to transfer me + $300 each fill/unfill. My dr only charges me $160, so it's worth it to me to continue.

Just wondering if you had a follow-up xray before they started filling u again before starting the fill process. Good luck!

Marci

Ok, I'm going to be the Devil's advocate here for a minute....

Everyone is so quick to blame the nurse for not pulling all the Fluid out first to check quantity / quality.....

If you read enough posts here, not all Dr.'s do this every time...does not make it right, I know....BUT STILL.....

When I get a fill, or anything for that mater...a filling from the Dentist!! I know if I am comfortable or not comfortable with it....it would be up to me to speak up if I felt it something was not right.....

My last fill, took me a good 4 weeks to settle in, ( for me to adjust, not the other way around) But I told myself if things did not get better by Monday, I'm calling him!!!!!

It did get better, but only after 4 weeks....anything longer than that and I would have spoken up!

Also, my Dr. has me drink Water, and he observes so I cannot lie....some Dr.'s do fills under flouro....regardless, we as patients have to be advocates for ourselves! We have to speak up when

it comes to our own lives....

I'm in health care...I cannot babysit every patient I see....we have a policy for a follow-up phone call, and of course a follow up appointment....but other than that we depend on the patient to contact us if they have any problems or concerns, or even a simple question....it's required!

What's the last thing we are told when we leave the office?? Call us if you have any problems!!!!

Ok, I return you to your normally scheduled programs.....

My Dr or nurse does not pull all Fluid out...they only did this the first fill after surgery, but not since then...