Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out of time

I need help with ideas. I work full time, 3 jobs, and attend college and university classes (15 credits this semester, plus clinicals 2 days a week). I also have an active 6yr old. Since my husband works crazy hours, I try to schedule my life around the family. In October I joined a gym and hired a trainer to help me get going. but then my schedule exploded. Between all of my work and school I just dont have time for the gym plus I cant take my son with me. Any suggestions for quick exercises I can do at home that does not require equipment or machines? Please consider it must start out not too intense...

That is so hard. I have a full time job, kids and a husband who travels A LOT for work. I can't imagine 2 more jobs and school. It's so hard.

Can you walk around campus between classes? Can you walk or jog with your 6 year old when you are home? Also with your child, playing in snow, tag etc. Your kid will love it and it's a good way to squeeze in fun quality family time while exercising. Also, in between home work assignments, spelling to math for example, do 20 jumping jacks together, increasing the amount. Wii and those games are fun. I challenge my daughter to just dance and wii cheer. We have lots of laughs.

I have DVDs like tae bo, kick boxing and zumba. I'm not crazy about work ut dvds but when all else fails they are good to do. And if you skip the arms it's a lower intensity.

When you wake up I read that 15 mins of stretching is great for the body. I used to do that and felt so good after. Maybe I'll start that routine again:) If you are really motivated you can follow up with crunches.

I love my walk away the pounds tapes. The one mile is only 17 minutes and it gets you sweating for sure. They have the two, three, four and five mile as you advance. It really is a good work out.

Do you have stairs? I started out going up and down my stairs. It is a pretty tough workout. Also, I use a lot of the free workout shows on my cable tv when I can't make it to the gym. They have all different ones even yoga. Good Luck!

Park farther away from doors. Take stairs not elevator. Do some upper body exercise while reading this. do some leg lifts ect while still in bed. I am gonna start doing all these very soon. LOL

I'm starting the Power 90 workout series pre-surgery so that I can pick up post surgery and hopefully have an easier time of it while recovering. The one thing I loved about it (haven't started yet - just watched the workouts last night to get an idea) was that they stress going at your own pace. And even if you can't do all of their movements, they have a lot of alternative positions you can try. The important thing though is to just keep moving!

Im so greatful for everyone's advice! I do ty to park farther away in the parking lots, and I take the stairs on campus unless im not feeling well. I used to walk a clients dog 7 days a week for 20-30 min and I always felt better afterward. But im no longer with her. Now that time is spent trying to complete homework and studying.

If you have a smartphone, download the Nike Training App. You only need a couple dumbells. I like it when I can't make it to the gym. It's free and flexible.

I think the Wii games with your child.... great idea for work out. I'm sure he/ she would love to take a walk, play tennis, handball, ride bikes, window shopping with you. Wake up 20 min early n do a work out video, or walk on your lunch. I don't know how you do it. I Work full time, n go to school, n have a family of 6 n that alone can b stressful at times. Good luck. I'm sure your hard work will pay off. Just have fun