Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Difficulty with ground meats?

Curious if anyone else has problems with ground meats? I made a taco salad once with ground turkey and once with extra lean ground beef.. Seems to PB it up, the other ingredients I add is shredded cheese, which I eat often no problem. And sour cream.

I don't do well with ground beef so I have just stopped eating it. For some reason it just seems to always clog me up and it is not worth the risk to me. Haven't tried ground turkey, or turkey at all for that matter.

Thanks for the replys! I guess ground meats aren't for me lol! Next time ill just try chicken breast

Consider shredded beef and shredded chicken instead. I prefer their texture.

I also can't eat ground beef. Can't even eat it in meatball form

I do better with a hamburger instead of ground. Most meat hates my band but I do better if I have some kind of something on it like A1, ketchup or something or it just aint goin down.

I have had trouble with ground beef and hamburger. It seems that even though I take small bites and try to chew the beef just breaks into pieces of it's own volition, and then I can get stuck. Slow, very slow and I can tolerate it. Make no sense to me, but I do better with steak or beef roast.

Ground beef is such a pain to chew. I hate the gristle. I second the shredded beef and chicken suggestion!

When I told my Dr. I was having problems with red meat, he said most of his patients cannot tolerate ground beef....

I tried ground turkey, etc, but that did not work...all they're doing is trying to replicate the texture of ground beef...so the effects for me were the same.....

Because of the overwhelming health benefits, I took it as an opportunity to stop eating all Red meat altogether....and I CAN tell the difference....

When I told my Dr. I was having problems with red meat' date=' he said most of his patients cannot tolerate ground beef....

I tried ground turkey, etc, but that did not work...all they're doing is trying to replicate the texture of ground beef...so the effects for me were the same.....

Because of the overwhelming health benefits, I took it as an opportunity to stop eating all Red meat altogether....and I CAN tell the difference....[/quote']

Any idea why they said no ground beef? I made turkey chili for dinner last night and nothing got stuck but I did notice my reflux was worse than usual.

The gristle in the ground beef seems to give me problems. Also, I don't seem to actually chew it up as much as I thought I did--since it comes back up pretty much the same as before I "chewed" it. Have given up on ground beef.