Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was told to wait a month to have alcohol.. I still drink the same minus I don't mix it with soda anymore, I use juice or take shots. I do get tipsy faster. I don't drink often. Maybe once a month if that.. more or less.

I was always told everything in moderation, not me. I do good for a month trying to eat healthy, then I start my period, and have my chocolate cravings, convince my self I deserve a break, and there goes my diet. I've been on that rolacoaster as long as I can remember. I'm an emotional eater, I come from an Italian family we Celebrate everything with food, big portions, and I grew up thinking food is comfort, I know it's wrong I just don't know how to fix it. This is it for me this band HAS to work.

I was always told everything in moderation, not me. I do good for a month trying to eat healthy, then I start my period, and have my chocolate cravings, convince my self I deserve a break, and there goes my diet. I've been on this rolacoaster as long as I can remember. I'm an emotional eater, I come from an Italian family we Celebrate everything with food, big portions, and I grew up thinking food is comfort, I know it's wrong I just don't know how to fix it. This is it for me this band HAS to work.

Molly40 I can appreciate your background. I'm Italian as well, and food, cooking big part of our history. Now, it's up to us to create a new part o history. Good luck!

I was always told everything in moderation' date=' not me. I do good for a month trying to eat healthy, then I start my period, and have my chocolate cravings, convince my self I deserve a break, and there goes my diet. I've been on this rolacoaster as long as I can remember. I'm an emotional eater, I come from an Italian family we Celebrate everything with food, big portions, and I grew up thinking food is comfort, I know it's wrong I just don't know how to fix it. This is it for me this band HAS to work.[/quote']

Molly,

This portion thing has been a huge issue with my family as well! It's a struggle but I sat down with them to eat one night and explained to them my restrictions and how only certain foods would work and I had to eat slow and Not to watch (haha). They were sad for me but i have gotten nothing but support and understanding. Surprisingly I've noticed the second rounds have cut down for them too!!

As for the alcohol. I have been told, studied and experienced it. It's okay to do but budget for it. Alcohol in moderation is fine. You do get drunk quicker ( my first time I was out with friends who didn't understand (they got me drunk twice in one night)). The biggest thing is to keep control of your situations, know what you can handle and what you are comfortable with. My research has indicated not only the high calorie and carbonation reasons for kicking alcohol from you diet, one we may to think of. Through this process we are teaching ourselves new habits. Myself my binge/stress eating got me to where I was. Therefore Psychologically we are more prone to addictive behaviors we don't want to replace that eating with alcohol, caffeine, nicotine and other drugs that we can get hooked to.

Remember that this is your journey! We are all strong people because we have gotten this far!! Keep working hard and do what you feel is rit for you!!

Good Luck!!

I was always told everything in moderation, not me. I do good for a month trying to eat healthy, then I start my period, and have my chocolate cravings, convince my self I deserve a break, and there goes my diet. I've been on this rolacoaster as long as I can remember. I'm an emotional eater, I come from an Italian family we Celebrate everything with food, big portions, and I grew up thinking food is comfort, I know it's wrong I just don't know how to fix it. This is it for me this band HAS to work.

Polish/German background here. Food is love is how I grew up. The band has really helped me to identify where my hunger is coming from. Before all of the head hungers would gang up with my stomach hunger and overwhelm me. Now that the stomach hunger is diminished, the head hungers are much more visible for what they are.

I get so scared when I hear people gaining weight w/this band. I'm day 3 post op and am in pain saying what have I done to myself to get/stay skinny! Then I read this! Argh!

Skinny Wine Pinot Grigio is good' date=' started to drink that a few months ago! I'm dying for a glass of wine![/quote']

Please tell me how painful it is! People have been so nice about it but I would love realistic! I want to be prepared and no regrets.

Please tell me how painful it is! People have been so nice about it but I would love realistic! I want to be prepared and no regrets.

It's painful! I was so focused on the outcome I never thought of the actual pain. Everyone's tolerance is different, and I don't consider myself to be a wimp. The gas pains and port incisions are he worst. Day 2 was horrible! I was taking my pain meds 2 every 4 hours on the dot! I'm down to 1 every 4. Tomorrow will be dy 5, I hope to walk with no pain. If u have comfy recliner, book it for the week, sleeping upright in a pillow upright on your back. Heating pad is helpful, for the shoulder pains. Walk lots o help get I'd of excess gas, use a pillow on you belly for support! U wanted honest...good luck. It'll be worth all of ths, it's just frustrating now.

everyone is different! I was soo afraid of the pain because of some of the horror stories I read on here. lol.. I went for surgery at 8:00am I was home by 11am. Gas pains hurt but they are not unbearable and I am sorta wimpy with pain. hehe. Walk walk walk helps a lot to move that gas around and get it out.. get some gas x to help get it out as well. Hdoll is right.. book a recliner for a week!! I slept in it and didnt have problems. Day 2 was the worse of the pain for me, by day 3 it was starting to get better and by day 4 I was like.. wow that was it? lol.. It was WELL WORTH it! good luck!

everyone is different! I was soo afraid of the pain because of some of the horror stories I read on here. lol.. I went for surgery at 8:00am I was home by 11am. Gas pains hurt but they are not unbearable and I am sorta wimpy with pain. hehe. Walk walk walk helps a lot to move that gas around and get it out.. get some gas x to help get it out as well. Hdoll is right.. book a recliner for a week!! I slept in it and didnt have problems. Day 2 was the worse of the pain for me, by day 3 it was starting to get better and by day 4 I was like.. wow that was it? lol.. It was WELL WORTH it! good luck!

I agree...I only took the pain killers once and then moved to tylenol. I have had 2 c-sections so I guess I am comparing pain levels and this wasn't as painful as I thought it might be. I would say day 2 was the worst...by day 4, I went to a night class with friends on couponing.

Crap I'm on day 4, no way I could leave the house! I'm worried for Monday work!

I was always told everything in moderation' date=' not me. I do good for a month trying to eat healthy, then I start my period, and have my chocolate cravings, convince my self I deserve a break, and there goes my diet. I've been on that rolacoaster as long as I can remember. I'm an emotional eater, I come from an Italian family we Celebrate everything with food, big portions, and I grew up thinking food is comfort, I know it's wrong I just don't know how to fix it. This is it for me this band HAS to work.[/quote']

You know yourself and should listen to the bells that go off on any food or drink. I drink same as before as far as wine AND drink the occasional glass of champaigne when I get it! The band is NOT a diet, but a way of life and also NOT about deprivation. Enjoy Life...it's the only one you get. Good Luck.

Sent from Angel's iPad using LapBandTalk

I get so scared when I hear people gaining weight w/this band. I'm day 3 post op and am in pain saying what have I done to myself to get/stay skinny! Then I read this! Argh!

Skinny Wine Pinot Grigio is good, started to drink that a few months ago! I'm dying for a glass of wine!

Please don't let my weight gain of 20 lbs scare you. I was irresponsible and continued vomiting wthout talking to my dr until my band slipped last year. And when he took my fill out is when I gained. So it had nothing to do with my band and what it can do for you. It was all on me.

I'm working right now with a barely slipped band (he said as long as I have no more symptoms - severe reflux - that I'll be ok the way it is). I have enuf restriction to do what I need to do, but not as much as before so I really have to watch it. I've recently started the Atkins Induction (and I've always been against Atkins, against diets in general) and lost 8 of those lbs so far!

So please don't let my post scare you. The band DOES work and it WILL work for you (if you follow the rules). Good luck!

Marci

Hey Marci, thanks for clarifying. I was pretty grumpy day 2 and 3, I usually don't respond to posts like that.

I hope with this band I don't have to diet again, rather eat healthy. I wish you all the best on your journey. Much success.

Heather