Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a Houston, texas group

Hi!

I was banded by Dr. Reilly at True Results Houston on 12/31/12.

Hi How are ya? How have things been with your band?

Okay, so far. I've had my ups and downs. The hardest part is that I have a torn tendon in my foot and my exercise is greatly restricted - no treadmill, no walking, etc. I tried Water fitness classes but had to stop after the third one because it made things worse. I have already had 8 weeks of physical therapy with no improvement, so the doctor ordered an MRI and there it was a tear. :wacko: I've been trying to get some stuff done around the house before my surgery because my activity will be even more restricted for at least 2 months or more, but it's not been good for my foot!

I think the last fill I got in my band was too much because I have had discomfort ever since. They had to remove some Fluid for my upcoming surgery and that has helped, but it still feels irritated. I think when I go back I'm only going to have them put a small amount back and see how that works. On the plus side, I'm still losing even though it seems slow to me. I can't wait to get past this surgery so I can start getting some decent exercise to help kick start my metabolism. My plan is to start swimming, riding an Airbike and maybe return to yoga when I get the okay from my doctor.

Okay' date=' so far. I've had my ups and downs. The hardest part is that I have a torn tendon in my foot and my exercise is greatly restricted - no treadmill, no walking, etc. I tried Water fitness classes but had to stop after the third one because it made things worse. I have already had 8 weeks of physical therapy with no improvement, so the doctor ordered an MRI and there it was a tear. :wacko: I've been trying to get some stuff done around the house before my surgery because my activity will be even more restricted for at least 2 months or more, but it's not been good for my foot!

I think the last fill I got in my band was too much because I have had discomfort ever since. They had to remove some Fluid for my upcoming surgery and that has helped, but it still feels irritated. I think when I go back I'm only going to have them put a small amount back and see how that works. On the plus side, I'm still losing even though it seems slow to me. I can't wait to get past this surgery so I can start getting some decent exercise to help kick start my metabolism. My plan is to start swimming, riding an Airbike and maybe return to yoga when I get the okay from my doctor. [/quote']

Ok. Sorry about your foot. I know that has to ne uncomfortable. The group was talking about meeting up soon and having weekly activities. I have my surgery on Friday. I'm excited. The pre op was hard at first but it is getting easier.

Ok. Sorry about your foot. I know that has to ne uncomfortable. The group was talking about meeting up soon and having weekly activities. I have my surgery on Friday. I'm excited. The pre op was hard at first but it is getting easier.

Cassandra this is your last week girl ! Good job on the Whataburger trip ! I'm going to get my Protein Shakes to start trying . I also need to re read my lapband book too ! I'll start my shakes on Monday. I've been exercising too !

Cassandra this is your last week girl ! Good job on the Whataburger trip ! I'm going to get my Protein Shakes to start trying . I also need to re read my lapband book too ! I'll start my shakes on Monday. I've been exercising too !

Thanks girl. I been doing some walking everyday myself and I'm going to get out in the yard and do some work. I'm getting ready to have a shake now

Thanks! It's just another hurdle to jump over. It's been coming on for a long time I'm afraid. I tried babying it and resting it, but obviously didn't help. However getting the band and losing some weight gave me the motivation to go see the doctor. Before I kept telling myself that was no wonder that my foot and ankle hurt and that it was my own fault for being so fat. The doctor is pretty cool and I felt good about being able to say I had lost weight and was trying to be active so I could lose more. I would love to meet up with the group when/if I can. I think that would be so much fun!

For those that are getting ready for your Lap-Band, keep up the good work and hang in there. The pre-op and initial post-op recovery are the toughest parts and it gets easier from there. You can do this!

Thanks! It's just another hurdle to jump over. It's been coming on for a long time I'm afraid. I tried babying it and resting it' date=' but obviously didn't help. However getting the band and losing some weight gave me the motivation to go see the doctor. Before I kept telling myself that was no wonder that my foot and ankle hurt and that it was my own fault for being so fat. The doctor is pretty cool and I felt good about being able to say I had lost weight and was trying to be active so I could lose more. I would love to meet up with the group when/if I can. I think that would be so much fun!

For those that are getting ready for your Lap-Band, keep up the good work and hang in there. The pre-op and initial post-op recovery are the toughest parts and it gets easier from there. You can do this![/quote']

Well I wish you a speedy recovery. I think we will all plan on meeting on July.

I think the end of July would b a good time for all of us to do a meet and greet! Sounds like fun !

I think the end of July would b a good time for all of us to do a meet and greet! Sounds like fun !

I told my mom!!!!!! It took a lot... I felt like I was telling her I was pregnant or something ! At first she was against it until she heard me out. She thought it was the gastric bypass until I told her it was the lapband. She felt good and was very supportive by the end of the conversation ! I invited her to go with me to my surgeon appt. I was happy to tell her' ! I got my vacation approved !

I told my mom!!!!!! It took a lot... I felt like I was telling her I was pregnant or something ! At first she was against it until she heard me out. She thought it was the gastric bypass until I told her it was the lapband. She felt good and was very supportive by the end of the conversation ! I invited her to go with me to my surgeon appt. I was happy to tell her' ! I got my vacation approved !

Moms will be moms. Mine was the same way. Even my co worker said I don't see why you are doing this. True I don't look my weight with my height in person but its still there. I don't want to be "skinny" If I can go from a size 18 to a 12 I will be a brick house hahahaha

Well ladies 5 days to go. I am having a bowl of Cereal and watching the Cosby show lol I tell you this pre op Dr Marsden gave me is better then the one Dr. Hollis crew gave me. I am have for Breakfast my choice of 2 eggs, whole grain cereal, toast, fruit, bagel, waffle, muffin or yogurt. I think this is really making the pre op much easier. Meal 2 is the Protein Drink, meal 3 is the 1 serving of meat and a green veggie then meal 4 Protein drink. Then if I get hungry through the day I can have sugar free Jello, sugar popsicles, veggies ( carrots celery or broccoli)

Well ladies 5 days to go. I am having a bowl of cereal and watching the Cosby show lol I tell you this pre op Dr Marsden gave me is better then the one Dr. Hollis crew gave me. I am have for breakfast my choice of 2 eggs' date=' whole grain cereal, toast, fruit, bagel, waffle, muffin or yogurt. I think this is really making the pre op much easier. Meal 2 is the Protein drink, meal 3 is the 1 serving of meat and a green veggie then meal 4 protein drink. Then if I get hungry through the day I can have sugar free Jello, sugar popsicles, veggies ( carrots celery or broccoli)[/quote']

Ummm that doesn't sound bad at all. Five more days! Make sure you take pics !

Ummm that doesn't sound bad at all. Five more days! Make sure you take pics !

Yes, I'm going to take pictures the evening before surgery. Dr. Marsden has a Facebook page and I've been getting a lot of support from his staff and past patients. They've only had great things to say about him.

4 DAYS LADIES!!!!!