Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GETTING BANDED TUES,STARTING TO FREAK!

HEY FELLOW BANDERS.

I AM ALL SET FOR SURGERY TUESDAY. WILL HAVE TO BE THERE AT 6AM FOR AN 8AM SURGERY. I HAVE BEEN ON A "NO CARB" DIET FOR THE PAST WEEK AND HAVE DONE TREMENDOUSLY WELL. MY SURGEON DID NOT DO THE liquid diet AND I AM THANKFUL FOR THAT. I AM STARTING TO GET NERVOUS. I AM AN OR TECH SO THIS IS TOTALLY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE TO BE THE PATIENT. I AM USUALLY AN ADVOCATE FOR THE PATIENT. I AM WORRIED ABOUT HOW MUCH PAIN I WILL BE IN AFTER. I AM ALSO WORRIED ABOUT FAILING. WHAT IF IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME? WHAT IF I DON'T REMEMBER EXACTLY HOW TO USE THE BAND TO MY ADVANTAGE? I DON'T KNOW, ALOT RUSHING THROUGH MY HEAD. JUST NEED SOME WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND I KNOW U ALL WILL HELP! THIS SITE HAS BEEN AMAZING. THANK EVERYONE.

~ASHLEY

HEY FELLOW BANDERS.

I AM ALL SET FOR SURGERY TUESDAY. WILL HAVE TO BE THERE AT 6AM FOR AN 8AM SURGERY. I HAVE BEEN ON A "NO CARB" DIET FOR THE PAST WEEK AND HAVE DONE TREMENDOUSLY WELL. MY SURGEON DID NOT DO THE liquid diet AND I AM THANKFUL FOR THAT. I AM STARTING TO GET NERVOUS. I AM AN OR TECH SO THIS IS TOTALLY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE TO BE THE PATIENT. I AM USUALLY AN ADVOCATE FOR THE PATIENT. I AM WORRIED ABOUT HOW MUCH PAIN I WILL BE IN AFTER. I AM ALSO WORRIED ABOUT FAILING. WHAT IF IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME? WHAT IF I DON'T REMEMBER EXACTLY HOW TO USE THE BAND TO MY ADVANTAGE? I DON'T KNOW' date=' ALOT RUSHING THROUGH MY HEAD. JUST NEED SOME WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND I KNOW U ALL WILL HELP! THIS SITE HAS BEEN AMAZING. THANK EVERYONE.

~ASHLEY [/quote']

You be fine, just don't give up and congratulation.

Ramona

Thanks Ramona...No giving up here! :)

Thanks Ramona...No giving up here! :)

I can't wait to get my and my husbands done.

I love having this Groupe and learns a lot already.

So thanks to everybody.

Don't worry sweetie you'll be fine!! I was up and walking around the next day after surgery. Of course everyone is different and has different pain tolerance. Don't think negative thoughts before your surgery because it'll make it harder. I to had those same questions right before my surgery and wondering if it really was going to work for me, But you have to remember that the band is a tool and not some miracle. As long as you stick to you diet and follow what your doctor says you'll be just fine. I was banded on 2/19/12 and I've lost about 30 pounds post op so please don't worry and go in with a positive attitude and remember that on Tuesday your life will change forever for the best!! Good luck!!

Breath!!You will be fine. It is not " a piece of cake"! But, it is not the worst surgery, either. Be calm, follow your surgeon's orders. don't drink the soda if your recovery team gives it to you! Best wishes. Karen (my recovery team gave me soda!!)

I am getting banded tues as well.. Woohoo. You are lucky cuz this preop diet sucks ! I cannot wait to get to be able to even lick yogurt off a spoon .. Lol

Congrats on your upcoming banding. All your concerns and nervousness are perfectly normal. I remember wanting to jump of the trolley and running out as they were wheeling me to the theatre. Hopefully you won't have too much pain but if you do take your painkillers and remember the quicker you get out of bed and start walking around the better it is for you.

I wish you the best for Tuesday and a quickl pain free recovery!!

Oh and it will be normal if you forget some things , just ask your carers lots if questions and re read all the info you've been given. My surgeon gave me a book and I've read that book a million times already and there were some things I had forgot about too.

I am being banded tuesday as well!!!!

I am a little nervous for the surgery but excited to have it done already and really get this journey going!

I go in at 730am for a 1030 surgery. ???ˆ???Œ???Œ???

Best of luck to you....lets keep in touch and see how we are each doing :)

We got this! :)

Thanks everyone!! I knew this would be the place that would calm my nerves. These forums have been a savior! lol.

@Kerri- Good luck to you too hon!! Yes, lets please stay in touch and lean on each other since we will be on the same path!! Here is my e-mail address if you want to talk through there too.

ashley.chapman29@gmail.com....and you are SO right, WE DO GOT THIS!!! :)

Good luck girls... We will all be banded on Tues...so excited ! I am leaving tomorrow straight from work for the 2 1/2 r drive to the hospital

^^^Good luck to you too! Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing tomorrow! Just headed to the store to get my liquids and other stuff to be set for the week!! Ahhhhh this is real!!! lol.

Talk to u ladies soon!! :)

Sooo bummed! I had to be rescheduled for the 6th because i have a UTI i didnt even know i had.

:(

Now i have to start antibiotics and retest monday and godwilling i will have surgery feb 6th

I am so sad about this setback....i

Cried. I am so ready to start this journey and it just sucks

Better to be safe but still....

Good luck to you all and let me know how your doing. Best wishes....

Aww Kerri, I am SO sorry! I couldn't imagine waiting another week. I can't wait to have this anxiety over. They thought I had a UTI as well. Just stay strong and not much longer!!! We can still lean on each other and maybe I can be some help since i'll be one week ahead. So sorry girl, and just keep thinking positive! I'm here if you need to vent! :)