Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wAs banned on Jan. 10. For some reason I just can't seem to get warm. Turned up the heat have layers on on the house. I have to go to the doctors to drop my blood pressure med down. If I stand up fast I get dizzy. Anyone else have any of these problems.

If you were just banded there might be other things happening.It's too early to drop off blood pressure meds unless you've dropped 50 pounds or more. Check with your doctor and get checked out.

probsbly dehydrated drink more Water I know its hard to do in the early days but make a real effort to increase it.

I agree. Drink as much as you can. Water, Protein Drink, whatever. Just have a drink in your hand at all times since we can't drink fast anymore.

Take your temprature, you may be running a fever and if you do call you Dr. ASAP. otherwise try warm drinks even the protien drinks are good warm.

Drink lots more Water. Possibly 2-3 liters. Remember many of us go through the " feeling freezing " all the time after surgery. I would take my temp a few times a day and was in sweatshirts all day and I live in central Florida. I am still cold most of the time!

I did experience similar things. My surgeon conclude it was a combo of too many blood pressure Meds (you don't have to lose a certain number of pounds it all depends how your body processes changes brought on my surgery-I got off two of three at 52 lbs lost) and no carb processing. I would drink like an ounce of some OJ (a lot is not a good idea given the acidity) and then I was fine. Once I was able to process complex carbs like veggies and had Meds under. Control I was fine! Good luck!!

I wAs banned on Jan. 10. For some reason I just can't seem to get warm. Turned up the heat have layers on on the house. I have to go to the doctors to drop my blood pressure med down. If I stand up fast I get dizzy. Anyone else have any of these problems.

I had mine on the 9th, and I am still cold all the time, too. Sometimes I have to get in a scalding shower to warm up--and I don't like hot showers. My hands and feet are like ice. I take thyroid medicine only and nothing's changed there. I wonder why, and if I'll ever get back to normal.

I was banded 12/21 and still freezing all the time. I think of it as a good thing. If I'm always cold that just means my body is burning extra calories to warm me up. :)

I wonder if feeling cold has to do with not.having enough Protein. I know I am having the same problem and on the days I am able to get more protein I am fine, but when I am too low I am freezing

I had my surgery in July 2012 , winter here, about a month or so later I was constantly cold even now in summer on a day if 25c I can feel cold. Bought this up with my doctor. Her answer was its because of the layers of fat you've lost, less insulation which made perfect sense. Apparent overweight people are at least a degree warmer so it makes sense as you shed weight you also get cooler.

Fat is a good insulator so it's not surprising that we feel colder as we lose that fat.

It could be your weight loss, or not enough Protein. I have a thyroid condition and being cold all the time is a indicator of hypothyroidism. People do tend to overlook it but its good to get checked out. It's a simple blood test. I know when my levels are out of whack when I stay cold and have no energy.