Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome, Feb Bandsters!

general_antiope
Sign in to follow this  

Kate, I guess I have the same concerns as a lot of people. "I've failed in the past. Can I do it with the lb?" While a part of me is very certain I can do it, there's also, a little part of me that's worried. But like Cynthia, this is about getting well for me. I have diabetes, sleep apnea, a low thyroid, etc. I'm exhausted all the time. And, I just don't feel good... I know that losing weight will help me to feel better physically, as well as give me a boost emotionally. For the first time in many years, I'm certain that a very positive change is coming. I'm glad to have others that are going through the same journey!

What a joy to read everyone's story........nice to know I am not alone. I have had a weight problem all my life and am just so tired of being overweight! I decided to do LBS in July when a coworker who was getting gastric bypass told me our insurance covers it.....well here I am......I really did some soul searching and knew this was the help I needed. I am so thankful for this site and all the support that comes with it!

What has impressed me about this group so far, is that we all have a strong desire to feel healthy, not just look good. Kudos to you all!

Kate, I guess I have the same concerns as a lot of people. "I've failed in the past. Can I do it with the lb?" While a part of me is very certain I can do it, there's also, a little part of me that's worried. But like Cynthia, this is about getting well for me. I have diabetes, sleep apnea, a low thyroid, etc. I'm exhausted all the time. And, I just don't feel good... I know that losing weight will help me to feel better physically, as well as give me a boost emotionally. For the first time in many years, I'm certain that a very positive change is coming. I'm glad to have others that are going through the same journey!

I know how you feel! Being worried is good - there is so much to learn after the surgery, and your experience will be different in some ways than anyone else's. It's a new relationship. You're getting married :) You said "I will" to the band and it's going to hold you to it.

I'm really looking forward to watching everyone's evolution.

WOW, I was bored today and I remembered that when I lost 90+ pounds on a medically supervised bariatric diet a couple of years ago that my dr. asked me to submit a success story. I have gained a lot of the weight back (but not nearly all of it) but my success story is still up. I am determined to live up to that success story. Take a look!

http://somersetweightloss.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=65

WOW, I was bored today and I remembered that when I lost 90+ pounds on a medically supervised bariatric diet a couple of years ago that my dr. asked me to submit a success story. I have gained a lot of the weight back (but not nearly all of it) but my success story is still up. I am determined to live up to that success story. Take a look!

http://somersetweigh...id=60&Itemid=65

I have a similar story. I've gained all the weight back that I lost....80 pounds. We can do this. You get to start February off for us, right?

Yes, starting off Feb for the group by having surgery TOMORROW. Oh my goodness. I had an interesting experience yesterday. My doc does not have me on any special preop diet but because everyone else is on one, I figured I would do it too. I have been having mostly shakes and such every day. Yetserday, I went to the store to pick up some green tea, V8 fusion light, and sugar free popsicles for after surgery and had this undeniable craving for food. So, I went and bought one of those light caesar salad kits and ate it for dinner. With that, my total calories for the day was about 800 yet I felt like I was given a treat by eating salad. What an interesting feeling. By the way, I wondered how people could be on this extremely low calorie diet and not lose weight but I must say that I have been under 800 calroies every day drinking Protein Shakes and drinking tons of Water and I only lost 3 pounds. I don't understand!!

Danielle, you must be so excited. My date is Monday and I didn't sleep a wink last night. I know it's from the excitement. My Doc also does not require a pre-op diet, so I also did a self imposed one. I'm down 5 plus. I'll weigh tomorrow. Good for you starting out right! I figured it would be easier to follow the rules for the post-op diet, if I started with restrictions now. I'll keep you in my prayers for your surgery tomorrow. Susan

Thank you, Susan. I will make sure to check in tomorrow after surgery and give you guys all the details! I am sure you are looking forward to my reports on my gas pains! LOL

Got back from my pre op appointment this morning and I am down 9.5 pounds (on liquid diet until next Thursday- 2 full weeks) but blood work was done and I am ready to go! Getting more excited than nervous. Good luck everyone!

Good luck to all of you with upcoming dates!!!! yay!!!

Good luck to all of you with upcoming dates!!!! yay!!!

I'm praying you'll have your date soon, Crystal! :)

Got back from my pre op appointment this morning and I am down 9.5 pounds (on liquid diet until next Thursday- 2 full weeks) but blood work was done and I am ready to go! Getting more excited than nervous. Good luck everyone!

Vanessa, great job with the diet! I know it's not easy. I bet it was exciting seeing that scale this morning. Susan

Thank you, Susan. I will make sure to check in tomorrow after surgery and give you guys all the details! I am sure you are looking forward to my reports on my gas pains! LOL

I am SO looking forward to the gas report. We want every detail.