Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm almost 3 weeks post op. and so far, I'm still not having a whole lot of hunger, I'm still satisfied by small amounts of food. I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to avoid the bandster hell? Or is it just too early for me to have made it there yet?

i havent had it yet but i just eat when i am hungry (and eat filling Proteins to keep me full longer) and drink alot...i have always said i eat as though i am at max restriction..sounds like you are doing well

Carolina, I think you're my new hero :) You may remember from a previous post that I wanted to try to go unfilled for as long as possible. So far it seems ok. Hoping I can be able to say I'm down to my goal with no fills!

Carolina, I think you're my new hero :) You may remember from a previous post that I wanted to try to go unfilled for as long as possible. So far it seems ok. Hoping I can be able to say I'm down to my goal with no fills!

it can be done..def want power and your my hero by back jogging :)

my dr said to save the fills for when you need it..an insurance policy

the band will help you eat less and if you eat filling foods (Protein, veggies) and drink alot..it may help..helping me so far..you can do this....again, eat when hungry, your allotted amounts and believe

I never went through bandster hell. I never had a fill for a year. I lost 70lbs with no fill. Not everyone needs fills immediately. Even if you get hungry unless its unbearable then don't worry about a fill. If you are consistantly losing weight with no fill then I say wait. Some people are in such a hurry to get filled up but this thing is for life and what happens when you are completely filled at a year or so out and cant get anymore. Then you are defeated when you need one and cant get it. I have 3 cc's in my band. I am considering getting a fill soon but I dont know I have done well on what I have. I enjoy feeling hungry because its a feeling I never knew for so many years.

Not jogging yet, but I sure want to be. And I'm really considering changing drs. My dr insists on giving fills, he didn't even seem willing to consider the idea of waiting til they are needed.

Cheryl 70lbs is awesome. So far I'm down 21.5 without anything in my band. And that's just been since surgery (almost 3 weeks). I've been on solids for a bit now. And continue to lose. I'd at least like to try and see how far I can get without a fill. Hoping I don't experience the hell everyone speaks of!

Well any doctor that thinks that filling you quickly is their idea of great care is mistaken. A good doctor will only fill you when 1 you are going less then 3 to 4 hours and being hungry, not being satisfied on a small amount of food, foraging for food in between meals. Other then that if you are going 3 to 4 hours on small amounts of food and losing consistently then I say no fill.

Carolinagirl What do you mean when you say you eat at max restriction? I am not losing like I want to and would love some tips.

I have a ? about drinking: After your post-op period, how much can you drink in a 15 min span? I'm fearful of becoming dehydrated, but I'm only 3 days out. Just trying to look a bit down the road :-).

What is Bandster hell? Ive been banded before but am getting a replacement. I had the 4cc band and now I'm going to the 10 cc. I always needed fills....is it possible to feel restriction with no fill??

Carolinagirl What do you mean when you say you eat at max restriction? I am not losing like I want to and would love some tips.

well, because i dont have fills, i have to eat (my allotted amount ONLY) and not go above that...so i stop at 1 cup and after 20 min period..i pretend (that i am fully restricted hence my referral to max restriction)...i made up my mind to have this surgery and do everything i had to to lose weight. that started with me being truthful and following the lap band guidelines...eat when hungry (good foods, not junk/cheap/easy) and just

want it bad enough to make it happen.

why are you not losing like you should?

is it overeating or the type of foods??

i will help if i can :)

New Girl i dont have a set amount per time. I constantly sip all day an only extremely low cal drinks ie Water diet cranberry halved with water 5 cals an such.