Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting over.... Again

Ok so here is my story. I hesitated to post until now. I was banded march 08. I lost a ton of weight. But like so many others, took my eye off the ball and it slowly creeped back up. So as of December 10 2012 I am back on the program. That means that Ihalf way through my fourth week. I decided to get active. I walk like it is a parttime job . I use the excuse that I work so much anyway i did not have to work out....lie number one. Aso told myself that sincr I recently got married and had kids that it was "natural" that I put on 90 pounds.... lie number two. But I am young I have plenty of time to lose the weight.... you guessed it lie number three. Ok so I finally quit lying to myself.. As i stated getting active... walking is a must for me I have also bought an elliptical machine which I love... I have relized that I have a food adiction and I am getting help for it. I found a great book written by Steven Arterburn called "Lose it for life" There is a great bunch of ideas and it helps you deal with the addiction as well as the weight loss and keeping it off. Anyway I plan on posting more on my new start. With the Lords help I will make it happen for good this time. Currently I am down 14 pounds from my restart weight of 291. As of Monday 12-31 I was 277. Please feel free to leave comments or some encouragement if you would like to. Thanks!

Seems like there are a few of us who are needing a fresh start!! I was banded feb 08-and did awesome! Focused on all the rules, took care of my band, treated it as a tool, worked hard and lost 110 pounds. Took about 2 years but I did it!

My main motivation for getting the band was to lose weight In order to be healthy enough to have babies. My baby making parts just don't work when they are surrounded by 300 pounds.

We officially started trying in march 2010 and were pregnant by September. In June 2011 we welcomed the most amazing little boy! He far exceeds any of my expectations of what motherhood would be like! ???

I stopped caring about myself because 1000% of my attention is on him and frankly I really don't want it any other way! We tried for 8 years to have him and he's all I've ever wanted.

So now I'm back where I started my journey...300 lbs. I'm not happy with anything concerning myself. My self esteem is shot and then I start questioning my mothering skills. I don't want him to be teased for having the fattest mother. I want to be able to chase after him without feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack. I want him to be proud I'm his mom and never feel embarrassed because of my weight.

I would also like to have another baby. I would like for him to have a sibling for so many reasons. I always wanted 4 but ill settle for 2 ???ƒ

Great job on your new start!! I hope in 4 weeks I can have a successful weight loss like you!

First off congrats on the new baby! You can get back to it!!! Step one, draw the line in the sand! Step 2 Eat more....often. I found that 6 small meals through the day is the ticket. I eat first thing and then every three hours. Small meals 1/2 sandwich, 1/2 cup of food max. Stick to it. Try to before your restart to wait until your stomach growls, even if it takes 2 days as it did for me. Step 3 get movin' 20 minutes 2 times a day should be nothing. even at 300 pounds. When your legs hurt keep walkin they will go numb and will not hurt anymore. Step 4 get movin' ya I know I already covered this one...or did I? I am talking about using a Fiber supplement....I need not say more.. The fact is we carry so much junk in our system that needs to be flushed out. I take one in the morn and one at night. It will make that bloated feeling vanish.. Keep in touch. You will get there again!

I haven't been here for 5 years now. I was ashamed of myself and felt like a failure. I was blessed with the ability to be able to afford this opportunity, and I felt like I let down not only myself but my family. My starting weight was somewhere around 290. I never had any problems with the band except occasional shoulder pain if it was overfilled. I exercised religiously and within a year I was at 160. I felt great again. I was never overweight as a child, my weight problems began with having my 2 sons within 2 years of each other. So I was confident that I would never have weight or food issues again. It was just a bump in my road of life that the lap band solved! WRONG!!! I'm sitting here feeling defeated, not sure if my lap band has slipped from overeating and not following one lap band rule for several years! It's a real wake up call! I'm hoping if I get on the right track again some of the symptoms I have been having will improve! My dad passed away from cancer last February and I can remember having a conversation about gaining some weight back. His response was "take care of yourself and don't get back to that weight again!" He struggled with his weight for many years, and I know it meant a lot to him when he felt like I had my problem under control. Wow...I'm rambling now, sorry! I am now at my all time high since losing the weight of 202. Maybe we can be each others kick in the butt that we need!

Hey Lauriegee! Step one done! Let's all rock this thing! I think you will find out that the band has not slipped... I thought the same thing too. Try this... Go at least 1 or two days on a liquid diet. Then wait until you are physically hungry.. wait for a good stomach growl. Then eat small meals every three hours.. you will find that your stomach will shrink back. I promise. That is what I did and found I had stretched it but it will go back!

Loving the words of encouragement needing some myself. Banned in 06 yep total failure here, but I've looked at myself & I no I can do this. I'm sick of being fat. I had used the excuse that my doc is over an hour and a half away. I have to be filled under fluoroscopy because my port is difficult. But now I'm going to try to get past that and hit my goal. Looking for a doc closer to me. Started using the my fitness app for my phone to track calories. I hope I'm on my way. Wish me luck

Welcome back, marathonman, laurigee & joeboo. All your stories are inspirational, and I know you will be a success again. You have the right attitude and have come to a great place for support. LBT has helped me succeed in my journey. I have made a bunch of friends here.

Good luck to all of you.

Thank you. I'm really looking to make some friends that are going threw the same thing I am. It's hard to discuss with friends or family because they can't fully understand. I definitely need some support and someone to keep me motivated and a sounding board to keep me sane.

Joe you came to the right place. I come here every day to check in with everyone, read the threads, tell my experiences and offer support. It is what keeps me going. It refreshes me and I know I can do this with my LBT friends support.

We are here for you!

Welcome back, marathonman, laurigee & joeboo. All your stories are inspirational, and I know you will be a success again. You have the right attitude and have come to a great place for support. LBT has helped me succeed in my journey. I have made a bunch of friends here.

Good luck to all of you.

Sorry LV my LABS. I didn't mean to miss you out.

Welcome back (& congrats on the little one).

Thanks! :). I'm needing lots of support right to jump start my losing mojo! Inspirational stories definitely help! 2 pounds to goal...you're awesome!

Thanks! :). I'm needing lots of support right to jump start my losing mojo! Inspirational stories definitely help! 2 pounds to goal...you're awesome!

Thanks. I am now entering into the hardest part (for me that is), maintaining the weight. :)

this forum (as well as aj) has helped me more than anyone knows

it makes me feel never alone

so you start over..so start

it doesnt matter what you did, it only matters what you DO

beating yourself up over whatever only brings us more down and we are down enough on ourselves dont you think??

so start...eat better, eat smaller amounts, move alittle bit and drink more...everyday is a new day and today is a perfect day to begin to make yourself well

The first step is the hardest, and you have done that! Welcome back. Keep posting and we will be here for support. Congratulations on that first step!

~hugs~ to ALL getting back on board....

You can do it...one day at a time...

and yes there is so much awsome support here on LBT

Heck...we didnt get fat over night...so its going to take a lil time

and we are soooo worth it...God Bless us all...