Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting over

How do I start over? I started at 303, had surgery at 290, worked out a ton and loved almost every minute of it, got pregnant at 200, had a slip and had all Fluid removed. Had baby at 235 and I just let go and lost focus on myself...18 months later I am 305 :*(.

Exercise isn't fun. I feel terrible. I look terrible. And starting over seems like the very last thing I want to do. I feel lost and hopeless and need some guidance.

Congratulations om the birth of your child. Nothing better than that to put your journey on hold.

First place I would start is with your dr. Tell him exactly what you told us... He may suggest liquids for a week to jump start your loss. Then start working towards getting you band back to good restriction and start eating proper portions. From the beginning I would track calories... Every single thing you put in your mouth. When you have eaten your daily allotmentment ....stop eating.

Before you know it the weight will start coming off and you will be well on your way. As for the exercising... I didn't do any of it until I lost the first 100 lbs so if that overwhelming right now...just adjust your calorie count accordingly. Mine was 1000 per day... Yours may be different

Best wishes to you for success!

My calories intake is set at 1250-1260 per day. Weight yourself each day (you probably didn't do this in the past and look what happens), understand what you are putting in your mouth. Walk some each day, no miles but short walks, maybe in the mall or big Home Depot up and down each asile.

Get back on track, you did it before and YOU can do it again. You now know what to expect, so it should be easier to go back. The unknowns are the scary parts, but YOU now know!

Best wishes

Congrats on the new baby! You now have the best reason in the world to get back on track. Your child deserves a healthy active life with you. If you get this off now he/she will never have to know you as the I can't person but the let's go person who can do anything she wants with her child!

Joni2

Best wishes and congrats on your new baby. You will probably need a fill to get yourself back on track. But you can do it. Happy New year. Karen

Thank you all for your kind words and advice. I recognize I'm my worst enemy and sabotage myself daily. I just can't wrap my brain around doing it all AGAIN. I've had a few fills and I'm almost back to where I was. I feel some restriction but like all band failures I've learned to eat around it and since there is no exercise in my life right the combo has proved to be depressing.

I was so focused after surgery and followed every rule because I do desperately wanted a baby but wasn't healthy enough to get pregnant. My focus is completely on him now and I know I need to be healthy to be around for him but like I said I can't wrap my head around it. It was quite the journey and I worked my butt off every single day and I'm just not confidant that I can do it again.

Ugh. I need to learn to take it 1 day at a time, 1 pound at a time.

How do I start over? I started at 303' date=' had surgery at 290, worked out a ton and loved almost every minute of it, got pregnant at 200, had a slip and had all Fluid removed. Had baby at 235 and I just let go and lost focus on myself...18 months later I am 305 :*(.

Exercise isn't fun. I feel terrible. I look terrible. And starting over seems like the very last thing I want to do. I feel lost and hopeless and need some guidance.[/quote']

Hi, This is my first time to post on this site. Not really sure if this is where I should post. Testing before I get into my story.

Dd7107 go to introductions to post your story. I just did it on 12/22/2012. I will look for yours

Joni2

I feel kinda the same way at this point yesterday I had to have my band completely deflated .... Oddly enough I'm not eating a lot I guess I finally overcame the mental issues ..... I started may 25 @326 and as of yesterday dec 31,2012 I was 240lbs ... I workout like crazy ... Kinda feel like my tummy will growl at some point before I go back to the doc and get a fill... I'm also nervous that I literally have to start over their not gonna put all the Fluid right back in they are gonna aggressively refill though I hope .... Best wishes to you I don't know what to say but stick with it cause I'm 7months out and having to start back over Tuesday jan 8th with my first fill I hope because my work schedule is chaotic .... And I hope and pray things work out ... I was so sick though I needed my band deflated it was full of sinus drainage and hadn't eaten or drank in 3days ...my body was in shock ...

That's great weight loss Marly! Congrats on that!! I bet you will be able to pick up right where you left off! :). I was unfilled for about 7 months since the slip happened during pregnancy and they wanted my body to adjust to not being pregnant before restarting the process. I was also a pretty slow/normal loser...took me 2 years to lose those initial 100 pounds so that's all I can think about with restarting my journey...2 years!

Wow luv my labs ! I just love seeing how everyone on here is so positive :))!! Yea I can't wait to get started ASAP lol and it's only been 24hrs but I think you just get used to the restriction and the band being there ... Not to say dependent but let's e honest no one had the surgery cause they were able to discipline every part of their lives especially the food intake part ..

Yes, discipline is what I need for sure! After surgery I used the band as a tool to assist me and right now I just want it to do everything for me. Ha! Very unrealistic expectations that have got me into trouble!

Hi, I haven't been on this site in a long time. I had a slip and was so fed up when I had my band repaired over 2 years ago that I didn't put any Fluid back in. I kept the weight off on my own for almost 2 years and then I started packing it back on. Now it's like a snowball rolling down a hill.

So I have a band fill scheduled for Jan 11th. I deliberately waited until after the holidays and I've psyched myself up like I did before my initial surgery. I was hoping to find someone else in the same situation and see how it worked for them.

I think we both took the important first steps. We scheduled a fill and came to lapbandtalk forum.

Hi Suzanne! Yes, I initially checked in on here quite a bit at the beginning. I didn't post a ton but read everything! I think it was encouraging seeing other people struggle with the same issues I had. Also it was helpful knowing I was doing things right and being able to give advice or kind words to someone who was struggling worse then I was.

I think it's a good step reconnecting to the stories on this board and finding people who know my struggles! If you would like a buddy to vent to, I'm here! :)

Thanks and the same holds true for me. I'll be checking in regularly again. Lets do this!