Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 12/28!

I just got my band yesterday morning. Spending yesterday and today trying to get rid of this hideous gas! I've been walking and taking Gas-X and it is so much better today than yesterday. Coming out of the anesthesia thus far has been the worst, but I am super excited about this journey.

Not eating a whole lot right now for obvious reasons, but so far, the best thing for me has been sugar free popsicles. Have eaten a little Soup, but not a whole lot.

Just wanted to share and officially declare my December Bandster membership!

Anyone care to share their challeneges in the first few weeks??

Tess, I got banded yesterday as well, and I have to agree, waking up was AWFUL, I'd like to avoid having to do that ever again. Other than that, I'm pretty sore at my port site, gas is mostly gone, and I'm taking it easy, eating broth and Popsicles. Congrats to you, and good luck on ur journey!

Oh my - I am finally feeling so much better. I think that the gas is almost gone and feel like anesthesia is finally out of my system. Have been drinking Atkins shakes today. One with Peanut Butter and a little vanilla this morning and tonight having one with fresh strawberries!! Yum!!

Wow! 19 pounds? Impressive. I was banded the same day and I have lost 15 pounds so far. I am very hungry and very irritated. I have not been as dedicated as it sounds like you have.

I have been starving lately!!!!!! I have been making a lot of smoothies with the Atkins shakes and putting yogurt in ( chobani) or Peanut Butter in the chocolate. I track everything in my fitness pal and just try to stay at 1000-1200 calories. And this weekend started to do Just Dance 4 as my exercise :). I've been eating pretty mushy food but have also eaten a piece or two of pizza. I just track it. I definitely cannot eat as much as I once could and just try to take is slow and chew chew chew chew. I figure it will get better when I get my first fill which is next week. Until then I am not going to beat myself up (because I have done that enough in my life). This might be the wrong tactic and I know I need to get more Protein in but I am just going to keep working on it!

I also and just cooking for my family and just eating smaller portions. Has lasagna "cupcakes" for dinner - emilybite.com and making chicken casserole tonight. These things last a whole lot longer now!!!!'

I shouldn't post on my phone ....

Ok, I feel better knowing I am not the only one who strayed from the shakes and mushies. :-) Since my surgery, I have mostly been having Soup, plain Chobani yogurt (with a dash of vanilla extract and a Truvia packet) , low carb Protein Shakes, and v8 juice, but I have also had a few dark moments of eating soft solids only a week post-band (like meatloaf and chicken breast). I have since switched back to the shakes and yogurt because I am afraid of damaging my band. I have not been keeping a food journal, though I know I need to start. My first fill is on the 24th. Port site is still a little sore so I'm not looking forward to the fill. Keep up the good work. :-)

I had my first fill today! Nothing to be scared about :) I was pretty happy because I have been able to eat more than I should but am still 17lbs from surgery! Just that bit of weight has made a huge difference in my blood pressure and being able to go up stairs!

My BP has never been high - had just started to creep up to 130s/90s -back down to my normal 120s/80s :) but am amazed to see how much of a difference it makes!!!

I had my first fill today! Nothing to be scared about :) I was pretty happy because I have been able to eat more than I should but am still 17lbs from surgery! Just that bit of weight has made a huge difference in my blood pressure and being able to go up stairs!

My BP has never been high - had just started to creep up to 130s/90s -back down to my normal 120s/80s :) but am amazed to see how much of a difference it makes!!!

I was banded 12/28 also and I'm down 33 lbs. Just had my second fill. I was always hungry after my first fill but still lost weight.

Where do you live in TX? My son lives in San Antonio and my daughter lives in San Marcos!