Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feel virtually no side effects from band

While I should be happy (I think), I can't help wondering why I have virtually no effect from my band. I eat the right size portions, I've lost 21 since my surgery 2 months and 2 days ago, so I am right on target for weight loss (2lbs a week) and I defintely feel the restriction of getting full faster and I am pretty strict but have had my moments. Many people say they can't eat this can't eat that, have stuck episodes etc. I can't believe I haven't done something that might have caused this as of yet. (I've had my first fill) and will not need another right now because I am full until pretty much a normal meal time when I eat a small but good well rounded meal. Maybe it is because I had cut myself way down way back when I started the whole process? I

So why would I not have any of the side effects? I feel like I must be doing something wrong, because I can't believe I am doing everything right! Is this just weird?

Oh honey just wait the side effects are coming I was the same way ... I could eat and lose and feel fine ...oh but by month 4 -5 real restriction hit and then I started also having the allergy problems too ..

While I should be happy (I think), I can't help wondering why I have virtually no effect from my band. I eat the right size portions, I've lost 21 since my surgery 2 months and 2 days ago, so I am right on target for weight loss (2lbs a week) and I defintely feel the restriction of getting full faster and I am pretty strict but have had my moments. Many people say they can't eat this can't eat that, have stuck episodes etc. I can't believe I haven't done something that might have caused this as of yet. (I've had my first fill) and will not need another right now because I am full until pretty much a normal meal time when I eat a small but good well rounded meal. Maybe it is because I had cut myself way down way back when I started the whole process? I

So why would I not have any of the side effects? I feel like I must be doing something wrong, because I can't believe I am doing everything right! Is this just weird?

if you are doing things right, no bad things should be happening... and thats just fine with me. ..i do not have any side effects except losing weight..also, congrats on your weight loss

Occasionally I find my band doesn't like something I ate, i ate too fast or too much and it let's me know...but I wouldn't say it's happened a lot. Continue doing what you are doing and maybe you will not have any issues. Congrats!

you are doing great and its a good thing that you and your band are so good together. I wasn't even tho I lost I was so hungry in between and ended up having 6.5cc in a 10 cc band so I feel there is not flexibility in the band and so things get stuck if I am not carful.you are just proff that every one is different and the bottom line is we are all losing.

Congrats on your successful lapband!

You're not supposed to have nasty side effects or a long list of foods you can no longer eat. Some walk around with super tight bands making eating difficult, and that's their choice, but that isn't required.

I can still eat anything I want so long as I take small bites and chew thoroughly. I wouldn't have it any other way, either.

Thanks for all your comments. I was just worried ""if its too good to be true..." You know

Happy Holidays!

No side effects here so far. Just losing weight a bit slower (7 pounds a month last time).

I was banded 10/24/12 and so was my husband. We both can eat most anything. I have only found 1 food that I can't eat BUT I think I tried to eat it too early and was restricted some (my band is tight in the am)...

I eat less amount but as long as I chew and take real small bite (smaller than I cut for my child)... I can eat all foods.

From someone who had a minor post op complication and couldn't keep anything down... consider yourself LUCKY you haven't gotten stuck and had to give it back to the porcelin God... I would give anything to not have gone through those few days!!!

Keep on doing great... and good luck!!!

I also have had a very good lap band journey (2 years 7 months out). I am a slower loser and actually have an appointment with an oncologist to discuss possible thyroid/PCOS issues. In general however the band is not meant to STOP you from eating particualar foods. Some people keep theirs way to tight which leads to more stuck episodes.

I'm two years out and I felt same way first month or so...then the fills became more often and the feeling if restriction became more apparent.

Don't look for problems. If you are following your doctor's plan, eating slowly and chewing well, you are doing great!

I've had my band for over a year and I have never had a PB. I have very few stuck episodes and when I do, it is because of something I have done, like eating too fast or not chewing well, rather than the specific food I have eaten.

If you are losing and are not hungry for 3 to 4 hours after eating, your band is adjusted well and you are doing fine!