Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC Intro Thread...

WickedKitten,

I have to pay $1,500.00 up front to my surgeon's office on 2/18 (before my surgery on 2/27). That's for my $500 deductible and the 20% that insurance isn't paying. I think his total fee for doing the lap band is $5,000.00. That's just for the surgeon, though. I have no clue how much the hospital and anesthesiologist are charging!!

:lol:

Hi My name is Jeannine McIntosh and I am pre op bandster. My surgeon is Dr. Enochs in Raleigh and Cary. I am truly impressed with him. My husband is so supportive in this journey and can hardly wait. I shall keep you all posted! Hugs to all.

Hi Clementine, NewHopeBariatrics and Dr Voellinger is the only outpatient center in Charlotte. No other surgeon in the area does it in an outpatient facility. The cost is 15.9 you can click on the top of this screen and it will bring you to the website and me if you click the click to call button.

I can not say enough wonderful things about Dr Voellinger or NewHope Bariatrics. I started working for NewHope in July never knowing that someday Dr Voellinger would be involved with us. You can not go bad with the combination, that I can promise you!

Welcome Jeannine! How is your pre op stuff going? It is an exciting and scary time, but so worth it.

This saturday is the Charlotte support group. We meet at Dr Voellingers office, however many people come from all differen't surgeons. the address is 2300 Randolph Rd Charlotte. PM me if you need more info.

Back to work. I love my job I get to talk to people all over the US considering the lap-band!

Sheila, I have been so busy at work I haven't had time to check in here.

The weekly support group looks like it may start in March. I have to have my other leg surgery on February 15th. I have really bad vericose veins and had my first surgery done now I have to have the other leg done. Doc said that I broke the record for insisoins! He did 49! He said this leg won't be as bad, even though it looks worse! Urgh. I will keep you posted.

This Saturday guys, I hope some of you come. We had a lot last week. I wouldn't mind going out to lunch afterwards if anyone is up to it.

Hello. My name is Christi and I live in Hickory, NC with my husband of 11 years. We have 2 daughters, Chelsea (age 9) and Shelby (age 3). My husband just retired from the military so we relocated here about a year and a half ago. I am a personal banker at the Bank of America in Lenoir, NC and absolutely ADORE my job!

I just attended the WLS seminar at CMC-Mercy in Charlotte on 02/13/08. This is about an hour from my house. But, they are the closest bariatric surgeons that take our military insurance, Tricare Prime. Every other place I contacted said that even if my insurance covered the operation and agreed to pay, I'd have to pay out of pocket first and then file myself with my insurance company. :wink2: There's NO WAY I can afford to do that!

At this point, I'm just waiting to hear from the surgeon's office to set up my initial appointment with them. They took our information at the seminar and said they had to verify insurance coverage and calculate our BMI, etc. to make sure we even qualify for the WLS.

I'm very anxious to get my package together and have it submitted to the insurance company so we can get the ball rolling. I've already requested my medical records for the past 5 years and am thinking of making my psych eval appointment to move things along more quickly. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. But, at 5'4", 273 lbs, and 46% BMI, I can see no reason why they should deny me. (fingers crossed) Their requirements to qualify for WLS are that you have to be 100 lbs. overweight w/ comorbidities or 200% of your ideal body weight.

Anyway, that's where I'm at in this process. If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to speed up this whole process, let me know! :wink_smile:

Hey Ms Chris,

There is also a surgeon here in Statesville that is out of this world. His name is Dr Robinson. He has an incredible staff and operates out of davis Hospital. If you would like to talk to someone from his staff I'll give you a contact #. Her name is Stefany Dean and her # is 336-575-0428. Let me know if I can help in any way!!! Sheila

HI..I live in Statesville, and I'm currently waiting on my approval from BCBS NC, it was submitted today...My surgeon is Dr Roc Bauman in Concord, NC.

Just wanted to stop by and say Hello.....

Welcome - hope all goes well w/ the approval process. BCBS NC has a quick turn around time. Would love to have you join us March 8th for the lap-band support group. It's open to everyone......there is a thread w/ the details. Also in May there is going to be a big band confrence in Charlotte. May 2 - 4th....there is so much going on w/ the band community.

Ok sorry...so welcome and can't wait to hear you have your approval.

Hi Sun Shyne,

I'm In Statesville Also. If There Is Anything I Can Help You With Give Me A Yell. Also, There Is A Lapband Support Meeting Tonight (thurs) At Davis Hospital. Everyone Is Welcome. Keep Me Postedd On How You're Doing!! Welcome To A Great New Way Of Life!!

Well Dang...I guess I'm gonna be the first one from Greensboro on here.

My name is Alisa and I'm 26 years old. I'll be married to my wonderful husband, Trevor, for 1 year in May. I got banded on Feb. 12th and I am soooooooooo ready for my first fill. I just got done eating a whole chicken biscuit!! I haven't done that since before the surgery....but I have to say it was delicious:blushing::teeth_smile::drool:

Hi all. My name is Patrick and I was banded last July with Dr. Voellinger. I am a 60 year old married empty nester, all our children are still in NY. The conference is for the banded community. It is open to everyone and will be a great opportunity to network with other banders where you will find out that everything that you are going through is "normal" for us.

My wife was banded the same month so we have a great supporting household.

Hi everybody,

It has been a rough time for me that's why I haven't been around here. Welcome all you new people.

The conference will be at the Hilton in the University area. There will be guest speakers. It will be a wonderful get to gether. If you'd like more info let me know early registration is going on now and it is $100.00. You can find out more details on Band2gether.net (b2g) Lap band Support Forums - Powered by vBulletin or PM Kim or me. I don't know how often Kim gets on here these days. But it is going to be wonderful. Even if your just thinking about getting the band or if you've had it for a while. It will be worth it.

I had a hard time with my leg surgery and landed up getting DVT and was back in the hospital. During that time they found something going on with my thyroid. So now I'm going for tests on that. It hasn't been fun, but it's all going to be fine.

My legs look great and they are feeling better. My DVT is taken care of now so all is good.

Have a good night. It's great to see so many people here.

HI...MY NAME IS AMANDA...I AM 28 ..MARRIED FOR 8 YEARS AND HAVE TWO GIRLS...4 AND 1....I AM FROM BENSON NC... I WILL BE HAVING MY SURGERY APRIL 30. I AM EXCITED AND NERVOUS ALL AT THE SAME TIME.. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND THEN FINALLY DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY....I WAS DENIED BY INSURANCE ONCE...BUT NOW I'M APPOVED..

:purplebananna:

Hi Amanda! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! I wish you the best of luck on your journey. Please keep us posted on your progress!!