Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC Intro Thread...

Hello everyone! I have been reading the Forums with great interest.I am a patient of Dr. Joseph Moran. Thus far I have been favorably impressed with him and with his staff. They have had enormous patience with me. :) I have finished my meetings with the nutritionist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist, endochrinologist, mental health counselor, had blood work and a chest xray, too. Everything went well and I have been given a December 11 surgery date!!:( Now I wait for BCBS ppo to render their decision. I do have 39.5 BMI with a co-morbidity of severe sleep apnea. Now I wait....I am so so ready to move forward,

--Jackie:tongue:

HI Jackie, Wow, I love to know there are folks here from near where I live. I am from Cary, North Carolina. I was banded at Duke University, by Dr. Aurora Pryor, on Oct. 27th, 08. I have lost almost 30lb.

I talked to Dr. Enoch's before I went with Duke and the only reason I went w/ Duke is because I'd done most of my pre-diet etc with them and they actually got the paperwork in before Enoch's. But the road with Duke up to that point wasn't an easy one.

I work for a company in RTP but actually work out of my home. I have 2 children, one about to turn 13 (yikes!!) and one about to turn 11!! We are a very busy family. My husband is on call alot of nights and weekends so it can be nuts around here!

So far, I have had one fill, unsuccessful,and one by floroscope, successful. I go again a week from Monday for my next fill.

I hope I hear from you and I am so excited about your 'band date'!! Congrats!!

Hi Kathy!

Thanks so much for your encouragement! It's a huge decision, isn't it? I had hoped to have the surgery sooner, but I guess I'll just wait it out! LOL

My kids are grown and I am a Grammie to an adorable two year old who is ALL boy. I'll get to see them at Christmas so I am really looking forward to that! I've already figured out how to cook for them and blend a taste for me :rolleyes2:

I live in Raleigh though it's really Garner. I moved here 6 mo. ago from Greensboro. I really like this area!

Talk to you soon...

--Jackie:girl_hug:

I had my band done in Mexico, Dr. Ariel Ortiz, Tijuana. But I see Dr Bradshaw in Asheville for my fills, though every time I see him he tells me he will no longer see patients who had their bands installed somewhere else.

Hope this helps.

Hi gang,

I've been missing in action for quite a while due to my work. But I'm back!!

I had my surgery done by Dr Voellinger. He has a very good program both pre-op and post-op. It takes a while to go throught he process but I think he's worth it.

Where is everyone from? I'm in the Weddington area I would like to start a local support group around here if any of you are interested.

Monthly SEB, Dr Voellingers office has a support group that meets at Presby on I think the second Saturday of the month.

I'm from Mocksville and had my surgery October 6, 2008 at Davis Regional Medical Center in Statesville - Dr. Robinson.

I love my new band!!!

Hi everyone...I just got my band on Friday, 1/16/09. Dr. Enochs performed the surgery, one incision, at Rex Hospital.

So far so good. I have just started my journey but am very excited.

I am 45, partnered with Dina (who had the band on July 3rd, 2008), for 18 years. We own restaurants so it makes losing weight that much harder.

We were both very happy with Dr. Enochs and his staff.

Hello everyone my name is Kimberly. I live in Lenoir NC close to Hickory. I have not been banded yet I'm just starting my journey. I have been to the seminar . Now I'm filling out my paper work for my education class and I'm going to call the insurance company tomorrow for my list of things I need to do. I'm also going to call the Doctor and get my appointment for the referral and to start my 6 months diet that I know the insurance company wants. I'm excited. I know its going to take 6 to 8 months before I can have the band put in but I'm still excited.

I have been reading the forums and have learned a lot that will help me in my journey. The only thing is the 6 month diet I hope it doesnt drag on I'm ready for this now.

Anyway if there is anyone that has any tips for me or advise please tell.

Kimberly:thumbup:

Hi I'm Danielle. I'm originally from Greensboro NC but now live in Northern Virginia. I'm still on my mom's insurance (until may anyway), so I'm having my surgery at Central Carolina in Greensboro, and I have BCBS of NC.

I've been through everything except for my last psych visit. I turned in my 340932 pages of psych testing last week and the doc should be calling me early next week to set up my appointment. After that, my paperwork should be sent to Blue Cross for approval (hopefully).

I'm hoping it won't take too much longer after that!

Wow, time flies! I have been reading the posts and realized I had not written in a while. I was banded by Dr. Moran on Dec. 11, 2008. Other than band-day I am doing fine. The anesthesia decided we weren't friends. :scared2: Nothing major, I just felt very yucky. LOL

So far I have lost 21 pounds and go in for my first fill tomorrow. The snow postponed the original fill date. This site is such a blessing. I have been concerned since I feel like I have hit a plateau. I realize it's pretty normal but I am just impatient. I am hoping I'll fee the restriction after tomorrow. Wish me luck! :(

Hi all. I was banded on 3/3 in Charlotte by Dr. Melkonian. I work for the Fire Department and have been married for almost 3 years. Hope everyone is having great success with their bands. :)

Hey everyone,

My name is Marie and I am in Jacksonville NC. Navy wife. Married 16 yrs to a great guy. I am JUST starting this journey and haven't decided if I am doing it or what. Going to a seminar up in Morehead next week....and see what happens. My mom had RNY many many yrs ago and is a size 2! big boned my butt! lol I am tired of being so uncomfortable and obviously I am not getting any results nor have I ever doing it myself so I best do something at 41. I'd like to do more with my kids and husband, but for me too. Lots of life to live.