Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC Intro Thread...

Hi Marie, Nice to meet you. This is a great site for information. You should do lots of research and check out many sites.

Another very good one is www.obesityhelp.com They have many different forums. The NC forum has many military members (My DH is retired Navy), and almost every WLS type is represented. You should check it out.

Grammylew

Hey Everyone!

My Name is Desiree and I am just getting down to the nitty gritty! I just had my seminar with Dr. Voellinger in Charlotte and I was REALLY impressed!! I am really excited about starting this process and hopefully getting the band soon. I went to the class on Monday and turned in my application and letter to the Doc today. They were a bit shocked at my eagerness to get started.

I love this site and I love looking at all the great pictures of everyone's great progress!!!:thumbup:

Welcome Desiree and Marie! You'll find so much information and support from other banders and make lots of new bandbuddies as you move along your journey.

Grammylew: I am also from Jacksonville and just got banded on 3/16/09. Do you know of any support groups in our area?

I was banded by Dr. Pender in Greenville, just allowed my 1st scrambled egg yesterday. Until then had been on all liquids since 3/2. Thanks for all the information!!!

Hello all,

I've been on this forum for a couple of months but just found this NC thread! I was banded on 3/3/09 in Denver CO with Dr.Kirshenbaum, I'm a self-payer and he has a great rate, not to mention he's the best doctor I've ever seen! So far I've lost about 22 pounds, I go back to Denver for my first fill this Tuesday the 7th. My husband of 30 years and I are originally form CA and moved to Morehead City about 5 years ago, we LOVE it here. So far the band has been SO easy, it will only get better after a fill. Hope everyone else is doing well, too! We in Eastern NC should get together sometime.

Cheryl

It is greta to hear from another local person. I live in Marshall which is about 30 minutes north of Asheville. Don't give up the fight!!! I am just beginning the lap band journey and even though it seems like it is going to take FOREVER....don't let it get you down. What did you think of the srugeons at Regional Surgical?

I am one month out from surgery and down 23 pounds. I live in Clayton and work in Raleigh and had my surgery with Dr. Moran in Raleigh at Rex. Feel free to message me.

What is RNY? How much weight did you lose with it?

I am in Elementary Education and will graduate with my Bachelors Degree next December.

HI, have you been able to have your surgery since this post? What are your results like? I live between Lenoir and Hickory, so... it's weird to see someone on here who lives close by. I'm hoping to have the Lapband, I haven't really done much in the area of finding a dr, etc... I was hoping that one around this area takes my insurance. Is thier any advice you can give me?

I live in NC, near Raleigh. I have lost 67lbs so far w/ lapband. I have about 30 more to go. I walk daily about 3.5 miles and if possible on weekends, I walk about 6. I do not worry about what I eat very much anymore. I find I only eat a little of each thing that is on my plate. Otherwise, I will get sick.