Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

Thanks! That worked :) I am still amazed that a half cup of blended Soup satisfies me. I look at my husband's pork chop and mac n cheese and almost cry. But then I eat my 100 calorie soup and know I couldn't eat his food if I wanted because I don't have room.

I know exactly what you mean. Luckily my hubby is trying to eat better and lose some pounds since I got banded. I am glad he is taking extra caution in what he is eating now.

So I am feeling pretty good since my surgery on the 19th. I went and tail gated and watched the Skins stomp the Cowboys last night. I stood for the 4 hours of tail gating and then stood the entire game. I ate my Soup and just fought off wanting to enjoy tail gate food. I can't wait to move to mushies. Post-Op appointment Thursday :-) My only problem is it hurts to tie my shoes and hurts to bend over at my port site. Does anyone else have this problem? If so what are you doing about it? Looking forward to an amazing and healthy 2013.

So I am feeling pretty good since my surgery on the 19th. I went and tail gated and watched the Skins stomp the Cowboys last night. I stood for the 4 hours of tail gating and then stood the entire game. I ate my Soup and just fought off wanting to enjoy tail gate food. I can't wait to move to mushies. Post-Op appointment Thursday :-) My only problem is it hurts to tie my shoes and hurts to bend over at my port site. Does anyone else have this problem? If so what are you doing about it? Looking forward to an amazing and healthy 2013.

Yes I am also experiencing dat... I was also banded 19... Not doing much trying to move as much as possible... I cant sleep sideways either... I have to sleep straight... If I turn my side my port area nd tummy feels like its goin to blast too much pressure...

Aimy I do not have any pressure but I too am still having to sleep on my back because it hurts at my port site to sleep on my side. Which stinks because I am a side sleeper. I am really hoping it heals soon. Anyone have any insight as to how long it takes to heal?

Hey all! I just had lap band on dec 18th! I seem to be doing pretty good! I had to have a major hiatel hernia repaired as well but all in all doing well! Can't wait to hear all the stories! I am new to this website but I am so excited to get to share and learn from everyone! Can't wait!

post-347339-13813140831399_thumb.jpg

I'm lying here in the pre-op bed with my cap and gown on - I don't know whether it's nerves or excitement, but looking forward to getting this done starting the new year!

I'm lying here in the pre-op bed with my cap and gown on - I don't know whether it's nerves or excitement' date=' but looking forward to getting this done starting the new year![/quote']

You got this! Gas pain will be your worst! What an awesome way to start the new year! Keep us posted!

Chad you got this! I am 3 days post op and feeling good. Port sight is sore and stomach feels like I did a million sit ups. Pain is not bad at all and I also had a pretty big paraesophogeal hernia repaired. Suprisingly enough I am hungry or at least I think I am. It goes away with a little Jello but getting Water and Protein Shakes are easier 3 days in. Honestly it does get tiring with the liquid diet stuff from pre op to 1st stage I just want to BITE something. Good Luck Chad and let us know how you do.

Hi December Buddies!!!

New here -- banded Dec. 20th and FINALLY feeling good! :) I also woke up a pound lighter after 3 days of not moving. That makes 5 lbs lost post-op and 25 lbs total since pre-op diet! WOOHOO!!! I can definitely relate to everyone's stories on this thread, which is so nice. It's really interesting to see how everyone's post-op diets and instructions are different. My doc wanted me drinking a minimum of 200 oz (yes, 200) on the 1st week post op. Yeah right. LOL!

I'm now on the 2nd week -- full liquids -- so now I'm supposed to have 3 Protein supplements (I drink Premier Protien, available at Sam's and Costco) and 2 Snacks daily (been drinking campbell's Tomato soup). They want me to intake a minimum of 120 oz daily, which again, is REALLY difficult for me. I'm lucky to get in 64! I guess I'll do the best I can.

Anyway, it's so good to see everyone's success and struggles. I wish everyone the best New Year (and New YOU) ever!

Also, just an FYI, I noticed somebody started a Community Social Group for those of us banded in December -- I think it's called "December 2012 Bandsters". It may be a good idea to check out so that we're not all just replying to one comment thread -- just a thought :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :)

Does that group require a password?

Does that group require a password?

I don't believe so... I just selected "join group" and it let me right in. I've been able to make posts.

Hey! I was banded on the 18th … anything w/ bending down or over seems to hurt the port site, but beyond that I, too, feel great! Nice job w/ fighting off tailgate food … I have found that people have wanted my soup more then I have wanted their food! LOL!!! I guess nice, warm, yummy soup is a perk for getting banded in the winter! Cheers!

I had my 2-week post-op appointment today!! According to my scale I am down 28 … according to the doc's scale I am down 25 … it's whatever! LOL!

Anyhoo … he said I can move on to 'mushies' and that I will come back in a month. No fill for me unless my progress drops below a loss of 4 pounds per month. He said that my unfilled band gives me a little restriction, but nothing like it's potential once I get a fill. He also said that he has few patients that didn't get a fill for nearly a year post-op because their monthly progress was right on target!

I kind of have mixed feelings about this.

I know that 'slow and steady wins the race' … BUT … I better damn sure lose more than 4 pounds a month after going through all of this!!!! HOWEVER … if I do lose that much then I won't ever get a fill … but isn't that the point of having the band!?!?

What are your thoughts!?!?!

--- eating oatmeal now … LOL!

Had my surgery 12-12-12. Today I went to Mexican restraint and had tortilla Soup. OMG was so good. I ate 1/2 bowl with some chips and salsa. I brought the rest home to eat tomorrow. Won't b eating again till then. I got a very small bowl too. So happy to b banded because normally that tiny bit of food would have been a joke. So glad I don't pig out anymore. Get my first fill in jan. finally all gas pains gone. Today is 2 weeks post op and went to bathroom now 2x. It's a start!!!

Can I ask when your gas pains stopped? I was banded 12-21 and my shoulder still hurts unbearably.

Wow i made it to the one week post surgery mark. Today was a good day. The shoulder/neck pains have finally let up. That was worse than the incision pain by far. My glue is lifting and itchy so i guess I'm healing. It's so hard not to lift stuff. As an independent single girl I'm used to doing it all myself. I hope i didn't overdo it this week.

What a great way to start 2013

I'm curious what you did to stop the shoulder pain. I'm 10 days out and it's intense.....