Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

I WAS BANDED ON THE 4 OF DEC STILL HAD ONE STUCK DAY WOW THAT WAS A WAKE UP CALL IT WAS ON MASHED eggs STILL ON MASHED food STARTING A FEW THINGS THAT ARE NOT MASHED AS MUCH I HAVE LOST 29 LBS WOW ITS JUST FALLIN G OFF OMG

Welcome Chad! Sounds like a great start for 2013!

Hey all...I'm wrapping up my pre-op diet and will be banded on 12/31. I stumbled across this forum when I was doing my research - thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences so I've got some idea of what I'm in for after surgery.

Just remember everyone is different, and if this is your first surgery, everything will be new and scary! Lol

Hey December 19th BANDits :), can you believe its been a week already!

Hey December 19th BANDits :), can you believe its been a week already!

Ok, I was the 18th … but yes, I sat back yesterday and gave a smile … wishing myself a 1 week Happy Bandaversary!!! LOL!! :D We are all doing so well … all that fear, anticipation, anxiety, and build-up of excitement … now, it's like proud and peaceful joy! As of Christmas Eve I am down 28 pounds … including pre-op stuff.

I also thought I'd share this with you ...

One of my best-friends was here visiting for Christmas and last night we sat up talking … he asked me, "So, tell me, is there any food you find yourself really missing?"

I thought about it for a minute and then said, "No …. but …. that's because I know these phases are temporary and that at the end of the tunnel my behavior will be altered so that my mind eat well and my stomach is altered so that my mind doesn't fool itself!"

Then it came to me … my feeling about food right now … there's not much I miss, but there is a lot I'm looking forward to! LOL!! Never thought the idea of scrambled eggs would make me so happy … LOL!

The Christmas feast was easier to get through then I thought … how did you make out??

Getting banded in NJ on Thursday the 28th just 2 days away!!!! Anyone else?

Surgery day is Friday Dec. 28, 2012 very very nerves!!!

I was banded on 19 ... Today is my 7th day post O.P... I still have pain and stiffness in my port area nd if I lay down I need help to get back up again... Is da stiffness and pain in port area normal?

Hi Aimy! I was banded on the 18th and I'm still having pain/stiffness in port area too. Especially in the morning. It's getting better every day. I don't need help getting up but I do splint it with a pillow when coughing or laughing. I'm finding that I can't wear a bra for long though because of the pressure on one of the incisions. I have support tank tops that help too. They're supposed to be the spandex tops that hold in the rolls lol but they've been coming to good use now. The support they give feels great.

Hey I'm a newby' date=' I was banded on the 18th and this liquid diet is killing me...lol, the gas is a pain as well.[/quote']

I was banded on the 21st and I too am getting really anxious to eat anything other than a protien drink. My left shoulder still hurts a lot even though I'm walking. The shoulder pain has been the worse part for me. Please tell me it will end soon.

Ok i was banded dec 10 down 33.5 pds as of today port site a litlle irritated i coukd feel it yucky. I get my first fill adjustment tgis Friday yay me im on soft foods. Its been a mental challenge for me so far but as long as i have u guys il get thru it.

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

I moved to mushy foods today' date=' Merry Christmas to me! Had some tilapia and mashed potatoes with cheese in them. Super small portions. It is definitely going to be hard to change my habits; it tasted so good I wanted to eat more than I could. However, it all went down ok! So I must have done something right with the eating. :)

I have my post-op tomorrow and will be doing some grocery shopping as well. I'm excited to get my ok to go back to the gym.[/quote']

Oh my goodness that sounds good! U have two more days to go!

Current pre-op wt 344 down 331.6

Oh my goodness that sounds good! U have two more days to go!

Sorry....

Oh my goodness that sounds good! i have two more days to go!

Had my surgery 12-12-12. Today I went to Mexican restraint and had tortilla Soup. OMG was so good. I ate 1/2 bowl with some chips and salsa. I brought the rest home to eat tomorrow. Won't b eating again till then. I got a very small bowl too. So happy to b banded because normally that tiny bit of food would have been a joke. So glad I don't pig out anymore. Get my first fill in jan. finally all gas pains gone. Today is 2 weeks post op and went to bathroom now 2x. It's a start!!!

Today is day 20 post op for me and I'm happy to say I'm feeling almost back to normal. Had a very happy and blessed holiday and hope all of you did as well. The crock pot has become my new best friend. I was happy to speak to my dietician today who said I can add a slice of whole wheat toast per day. Anyone have any suggestions on what brand if bread goes well with the band?

Wow i made it to the one week post surgery mark. Today was a good day. The shoulder/neck pains have finally let up. That was worse than the incision pain by far. My glue is lifting and itchy so i guess I'm healing. It's so hard not to lift stuff. As an independent single girl I'm used to doing it all myself. I hope i didn't overdo it this week.

What a great way to start 2013