Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hippity Hop! WE have new baby bunnies!

HPIM0303.jpg

HPIM0299.jpg

HPIM0298.jpg

Mom is called Cupcake. Dad has been placed in a sep. cage. Babies are beautiful--and no, we are not keeping them all--I don't want a zillion bunnies!

We will help Cupcake take care of them until they can been weaned--about 4-6 weeks--right now their eyes are still shut (and will be until they are about 2 weeks old) and they have no fur!

She made them a nice cozy nest out of her extra fur and straw from her hutch. We think they were born this morning.

My son and I have been transfixed by them all day!

Just in time for Easter! I LOVE bunnies and had them as pets growing up. They are good at teaching young kids about responsibility and compassion.

Congrats on the new arrivals!

Megan

Look how sweet!

Ive never seen a newborn rabbit.

And like Megan said - a week before Easter. What an amazing experience for young kids to have (seeing animals give birth).

Do you have any other animals?

And tell your little boy that Cupcake is ALMOST as cute as him! :biggrin1:

We have a large white cat, but he's an indoor pet--these are strictly outdoor bunnies. Denny LOVES them--we were so excited this morning--saw that big pile of fur (the mom pulls it out of her chest area just prior to giving birth) and I patted it, and it MOVED! Then I pulled them out of the fur pile one by one--six in all--

Now in a bit we will attempt to figure out how many girls and how many boys...but not for a bit--they all look the same right now--

I don't think they even LOOK like bunnies--more like puppies! ;)

I will post more pix as they grow--

SO FUN!

Funny you should say that, I was JUST looking at flights from Green Bay to Tampa!

We are thinking of taking a cruise from Tampa in early December and my uncle lives in St Pete Beach, so we try to stay there if we can!

I can deliver it!

How cute! Your son is also so handsome!! I have 2 boys. They have a chocolate lab, kitty, and recently added 5 fish with a lid on the tank. ;) We had rabbits growing up. We'll need to wait till our boys are bigger though b/c they couldn't handle an adult rabbit, as far as holding it and such. We will always have animals and we do want our boys to experience the miracle of birth....some day. :guess

Good luck with the little ones and enjoy!! :clap2:

kimberlily...with all that is going on, dh talked me out of getting one. even a local one. we have soooo much to do to this house before bringing in one more mouth to feed lol oh but i love to snuggle little bunnies. they are so perfect and soft.

you should pm me when you come to town. we can go get coffee. :)

OhHHH...... I know ya'll are excited! I have a banty hen who is setting on 2 eggs. It was an accident. I forgot to tell my Dad to check her for eggs while we were out of town. But now I'm excited. I just don't know if the little rooster is doing his job. They may not hatch. I guess we'll see around the 28th of this month. Animal babies are the best! Ya'll have fun! I can't wait to see more pics!

HOw Perfect What a beautiful son you have!!! I too had a rabbit growing up, her name was Oreo. Eventually she went to the school farm where I was told she had babies. At least that the story I choose to remember-lol lol :0):Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny