Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So discouraged and I just need some support

I was banded on 10/10/12 and immediately dropped 11 lbs. I was working out and eating right (which I am still doing). I have not lost ANY more weight. I just had my first fill on 11/29/12 and my dr put in 5 cc's. I don't feel restricted, I'm always hungry even when I eat Protein packed food.

I have a lot of stressors right now(my husband is deploying to Afghanistan) and I know that's part of it, but I am just so discouraged and almost disgusted that I had this amazing surgery and STILL cannot lose weight.

I guess I just feel alone on this. I want to be healthy and fit and it's just not happening. Le sigh.

You are still early in the game.

You may want to try talking with your nutritionist, they can review you food journal (another great thing) and make recommendations.

Make sure you are getting the Water you need- Water is very important. Also look at your salt intake.

Next, if you are working out daily, you may be gaining muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat so you could be losing fat, but adding muscle so the scale will now show the difference. In time though it will show and you will be better off.

5 cc is a HUGE first fill. That said I did not get restriction until 10.6. What foods are you eating. Are you weighing Protein? I was told 3 oz. If you don't weigh you will over eat. What carbs are you eating? The only carbs I eat are fruit, Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup high protein Kashi go lean and mostly raw veggies. I've cut out bread, crackers, potatoes, Pasta, rice.

Yes what are you eating and how much? That is the key to success. We cant help you if we dont know what it is you are eating. Patience is needed with this also. It doesnt always happen overnight.

My doctor will fill every 2 wks so call and ask for another fill , most people find thst just over half way filled works the best (I have a 100 cc ban with6.5 in it) also track every bit all the time and keep doing what you are doing. Laxitives if you aren't pooping every other day that helped me...most of all don't give up it wil come off.

Tell us what you are eating, how much and how often?

I usually have a Greek yogurt for Breakfast and then a cup of coffee 30 mins later. lunch is usually a lean cuisine and dinner is usually chicken or fish and veggies. If I DO snack it's on clementines or low fat cheese or cottage cheese. I drink a TON of Water but I hate having that sloshy feeling in my stomach.

I go back for another fill on 1/10/13

~hugs~ First thank your husband for His service !!!

and please dont let the slow weight loss get you down...

As long as your fallowing how your dr told you to eat it will

happen...drink lots and lots of Water....for me that was so nessasary to feel full...

I was always hungry !!!

And more then once Id tell my Dr sure I had a 2 lbs lost but it was by pure will power...hang in there !!!

hang in there, its waaaaay too early to start getting upset ! today is my i year band-anniversary and i couldnt be happier ! ive gone from 225 to 160 and look and feel 100% better. you are just starting this journey and like any journey you can sometimes go forwards, backwards and yes even go nowhere for a time. Your body is adjusting to a major (but better in the long run ) shock. it needs TIME !!! its not done overnight ! So, just an idea, get rid of your scale and focus on how your clothes are getting looser, how youre exercising and eating right ! Once you focus on those things, you'll find the scale is only a GUIDELINE, not a LIFELINE !!!! Best of luck to you !, It will get better with TIME !!!

P.S. ive had 8 fills, ( 9th fill next week ) some gave me restiction, some nothing, some for a short time, some it took 2 weeks for the fill to "click." Dr said" thats normal too, sometimes it takes awhile for the fill to find all the nooks and crannys, and sometimes fills last longer or shorter at diff times w/ diff people. there is no one set rule about restriction, so just take each fill as an adjustment, but not written in stone that it will cure ALL hunger 100% ! " GREAT ADVICE ! SOOOOO, again get rid of your scale ! Eat healthy 90%of the time and exercise minimun 3 x a week ! you'll do great !!

Well my suggestion would be for now stop the greek yogurt because of the sugar and the lean cuisine because of the carbs and concentrate on Protein. The only carbs should be vegetables. If you up your protein which I dont think you're getting enough of you may see a difference. I would try to go without the starchy carbs and processed foods. They really are not good for you in the beginning. Try eggs for Breakfast instead of the greek yogurt. You can make an awesome veggie omelet with fat free cheese. Try other things for lunch like tuna or chicken salad. dinner some kind of meat and veggies. Right now your concentration should be on getting in more protein which I think is the problem

(that sloshy feeling in your stomach) also helps in letting you feel full so you dont eat as much. (at least it does for me).

def better to not eat pre packaged foods (as its high in sodium) and that is my opinion only. i agree that eating more Protein will help you feel fuller for longer. make ahead of time and have it ready in the fridge......same with Snacks. high Protein (cheese is good but needs to be in small amounts).

eat to lose weight. hang in there. (sorry about your hub. my son is active duty air force)

bee well

and congrats to cheryl 2586 for reaching your goal ! Amy Gibson, you'll get there too !! As a veteran , thankyou to both you and your husband for your service! Been there, done that !

Thank you all for the encouraging replies. It means so much to me. I will definitely be putting your alls advice to use!

I have Greek yogurt everyday for breakfast and my nurse approves. I don't worry about carbs from yogurt. Here's my tip.

Greek yogurt+ 1/2 scoop whey isolate, unflavored Fiber powder, splendra. Mix. Add couple walnuts, 1/4-1/2 cup kashi go lean high Protein Cereal. Keeps me 4 plus hours.

Wait an hour before drinking after meals.

Agree about lean cuisine to high carbs and salt. I buy large roasted chicken have 3 oz chicken breast everyday for lunch. Add salsa or jar spaghetti sauce (low fat)

And low fat cheese. Raw veggies about 1/2 cup fruit.< /p>