Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any Aussies out there?

Hey Susie!

The Easter challenge sounds good! :)

I will be a late starter but would still be a good first goal to push towards! What would a rough weekly weightloss be once banded?

P.S. I LOVE those humpty dumpty smartie egggggs! We used to always get them as kids lol! Yummmm :))))

Hope your having a good weekend everyone! :) I'm off for a nana nap now been up since 5am for work erggghh!

Hey kate, i dont know if there is a set loss per week. How often did weight watchers, jenny craig, tony ferguson and dieticans tell us we MUST lose a min of 0.5-1kg per week. And then there look of dissapointment in us!! Amusing now! Cos we are actually doing a total health and lifestyle change with support and being charged to get weighed or to buy meals, we are actually in it for the long term not just to get to goal!!

Oh i had a very depressing day at work today, at the bakery i just came back from slicing bread and another customer said she is sooo fat!!! How could she get a job here!! I bet she eats everything here!! Thats why theres hardly any sweets!!! And it was just me and a guy on so odviously they werent talking about him! I know i shouldnt let it get to me, but ive always been sensitive. I had to force myself to eat lunch again for work and left some for the angels! Im glad im seeing mr burton on wednesday to ask for help. Cos also if im closing were i dont get home till 7pm i have serious episodes of hunger but i try and drink a litre of Water each shift. I know its unhealthy to try and force myself to eat its just that once we are at work we dont sit or stop especially with santa coming soon!! Does any one have any advice on what i could do considering we cant snack? ?

Kate it would be wonderful to welcome you to the easter personal challenge. In the first week post op the usual weight loss is aprox 5kg then it slows as you eat more. If you like you can put your start weight now and what you would like to be as your going in for you op in jan so you have a head start?

Loz what was your last meal? I was on pre op diet but on the wednesday i had a bar of choccie and some ham and cheese and also fetta spinach danishes and icing off a finger bun. Thursday i had roast pork with crackle and gravy apple sauce and potatos, i savoured every bite!! Best of luck being sliced and diced tomorow and as long as you get happy drugs to take home you will be fine!!!

Hey kate' date=' i dont know if there is a set loss per week. How often did weight watchers, jenny craig, tony ferguson and dieticans tell us we MUST lose a min of 0.5-1kg per week. And then there look of dissapointment in us!! Amusing now! Cos we are actually doing a total health and lifestyle change with support and being charged to get weighed or to buy meals, we are actually in it for the long term not just to get to goal!!

Oh i had a very depressing day at work today, at the bakery i just came back from slicing bread and another customer said she is sooo fat!!! How could she get a job here!! I bet she eats everything here!! Thats why theres hardly any sweets!!! And it was just me and a guy on so odviously they werent talking about him! I know i shouldnt let it get to me, but ive always been sensitive. I had to force myself to eat lunch again for work and left some for the angels! Im glad im seeing mr burton on wednesday to ask for help. Cos also if im closing were i dont get home till 7pm i have serious episodes of hunger but i try and drink a litre of Water each shift. I know its unhealthy to try and force myself to eat its just that once we are at work we dont sit or stop especially with santa coming soon!! Does any one have any advice on what i could do considering we cant snack? ?

Kate it would be wonderful to welcome you to the easter personal challenge. In the first week post op the usual weight loss is aprox 5kg then it slows as you eat more. If you like you can put your start weight now and what you would like to be as your going in for you op in jan so you have a head start?

Loz what was your last meal? I was on pre op diet but on the wednesday i had a bar of choccie and some ham and cheese and also fetta spinach danishes and icing off a finger bun. Thursday i had roast pork with crackle and gravy apple sauce and potatos, i savoured every bite!! Best of luck being sliced and diced tomorow and as long as you get happy drugs to take home you will be fine!!![/quote']

Good Morning all...

Well it's 5am. Heading to the hospital at about 5.50am. I'm actually feeling pretty good. Maybe I will be a blubbering mess once I get there? Lol. Thanks for all your support. X

Sussie I was told if your not hungry don't eat.

You would have to get a little break? Can you take a thermos to work with som nice veggie Soup or something?

You can't be that far off your first fill. That will stop the hunger between meals so I'm guessing it will change your eating times again.

Definitely don't let those cruel people let you down!

Not sure if you remember the saying..

I maybe fat but your ugly!! I can lose my weight but your stuck with that face.. ; )

( maybe think of that to yourself if anyone says anything to you. ) might make you feel better. You can't say anything while your at work... I think I would have said excuse me?? And made them say it to my face. I better go..

Chat to you on the other side!! X

Oh last meal.. I went with pizza. Lol

Hey Guys,

Well I'm a band girl now... Just thought I would touch base and let you know how I got on..

I'm actually feeling pretty good at the minute. I am a bit sore and tired but otherwise doing ok. The heat pack on my shoulder is working a treat. I haven't really struggled at all yet. I got up an hour after the op and walked around the ward a few times.. I think that helped a lot. Mind you i wasnt feeling that great. But i heard its best to do it so i just did it. I'm thinking I will be a little more sore 2morrow. Overall I'm pretty happy with how things have gone and how they are going. Still got a long road ahead.. But looking forward to it. Xx

Hey Guys' date='

Well I'm a band girl now... Just thought I would touch base and let you know how I got on..

I'm actually feeling pretty good at the minute. I am a bit sore and tired but otherwise doing ok. The heat pack on my shoulder is working a treat. I haven't really struggled at all yet. I got up an hour after the op and walked around the ward a few times.. I think that helped a lot. Mind you i wasnt feeling that great. But i heard its best to do it so i just did it. I'm thinking I will be a little more sore 2morrow. Overall I'm pretty happy with how things have gone and how they are going. Still got a long road ahead.. But looking forward to it. Xx[/quote']

Welcome to the otherside, glad all went well. I remember walking the corridors of the hospital in the middle of the night lol, I startled some of the night staff, I just kept walking laps up to 15 mins at a time and I believe the walking helped a great deal in recovery. When I got home I also walked a lot and was cooking for my family from day one, because my husband is useless in the kitchen. That kept me active but I would rest too.

How are you feeling today?

Welcome to the otherside' date=' glad all went well. I remember walking the corridors of the hospital in the middle of the night lol, I startled some of the night staff, I just kept walking laps up to 15 mins at a time and I believe the walking helped a great deal in recovery. When I got home I also walked a lot and was cooking for my family from day one, because my husband is useless in the kitchen. That kept me active but I would rest too.

How are you feeling today?

[/quote']

Hi, Thanks!!

haha.. That's would have been funny. Poor staff. I was just in for the day. Yeah I believe the walking helps.

I'm doing ok today. Just sore and tired. It's not getting me down or anything so that's good. But I did just go to the doctors to get some extra pain relief. Last night at about 5 I was pretty sore and I only got a few endone to take home and I was trying to saver them for during the day.. I though your stupid go get a few more so that's what I did. Didn't help that my little 18month old ended up in our bed and wanted to kick me in the tummy while he was sleeping! Lol. Gee your good.. Cooking when you got home. Last night my kids and hubby got Mcdonalds on the way home. But tonight i might put a roast in the oven. Something quick and easy. I made a big pot of vegie Soup for myself on Sunday night so if and when I get hungry I'll have some of that. So overall I think I'm doing ok. Thank-you!!

Hey Sussie, how are you doing with everything? How many days or weeks are you in? I'm day 5 doing ok. Have a little redness on my tummy. Went to see the nurse today and have to go on some antibiotics. Otherwise doing ok. I'm looking forward to Monday as I get to eat a little. Hey how much did you lose in the first week? How much have you lost to date? Hope work isn't too busy for you. Lauren.

Hi Kate, I've been meaning to ask how did you get on catching up with your friend that has already been banded. You were going to ask her a million questions.. Hope you got the answers you were looking for. Lauren

OMG!!!!! Work is horrible, so busy and im sick of asking if peeps want tarts or chrissie cakes and rolls in paper or plastic! Honestly the only thing we dont ask is would you like fries with that!

Im 3 weeks out or 21 days. I got my fill on wednesday which was fine. I lost 5kg in the first week. I asked him how big our pouch is and he said only enough to hold a teaspoon cos i said i was confused by the book, so thats why we have to wait between bites. I also asked him what i could eat at work when im starving and he said some nuts, tried it thursday night cos we closed at 9:30pm and it worked. I asked him if i could see the dietician but he said he doesnt place a big emphasis on it, but im so out of ideas on food that im borred with food and i need to understand this band as my last one i could almost eat a full size meal. And plus WE have paid a massive amount to get this after care its even in the book and description of fees.

Oh the duetion helen something, cant remember her last name has a web site that has recipes that i would have never thought of. It doesnt have cals but the only bad thing in some is oil for the pan which spray could subsitute.

Apart from that in the middle of the night im hungry and i have a bottle if Water on my bed side table i have a few skulls and tell myself im full. Im down just over 10kg. With my last band it took me about a year to loose that. So now my depression has gone. And im below 110kg in a while so im pretty happy!

Hope everyone is going well, including the chrissie shopping!!!! Ive got in my head what im going to eat for chrissie lunch, but my brother just told me that i put a 2 cent bet on that my 18 month old nephew will eat 3 times more than me!!!!!!! And im 32!! Hey at least unlike everyone else we wont put on chrissie weight!!! I used to use it as an excuse!!!

Anyways another essay from me, the myans got it wrong, we are still here the world didnt end! Someone will get it right one day!!! Have a fantastic night and even better weekend and i wish everyone a wonderful christmas!!

Hi Kate, I've been meaning to ask how did you get on catching up with your friend that has already been banded. You were going to ask her a million questions.. Hope you got the answers you were looking for. Lauren

Hey Lauren!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you! :rolleyes: Hope you had a lovely day with your family!

Sorry I haven't been on in while I have had trouble logging on. I finally worked out by right clicking the sign in box I can get it lol! grrrr :rolleyes: How are you feeling? Are you onto mushies now? Hope your cruising along now and pain free! :rolleyes:

I did end up catching with my friend last week. Was really reassuring talking to her and getting some more info. I'm feeling heaps more confident it's the right way to go for me too. She has been banded for 6yrs and has done so well. I think she said she was around 150kg and is now sitting on 75 and feels fantastic.

I'm booked in for the 30th Jan. Not sure weather to just do a day surgery or overnight at this stage. How did you go with the day surgery? My hubby is going to take a few days off work to help with looking after me and my son. Very lucky to have him! :)

Have you got much planned for New Years? If I don't hear from you before then have a wonderful New Years! Good luck on your journey in 2013! :rolleyes:

OMG!!!!! Work is horrible, so busy and im sick of asking if peeps want tarts or chrissie cakes and rolls in paper or plastic! Honestly the only thing we dont ask is would you like fries with that!

Im 3 weeks out or 21 days. I got my fill on wednesday which was fine. I lost 5kg in the first week. I asked him how big our pouch is and he said only enough to hold a teaspoon cos i said i was confused by the book, so thats why we have to wait between bites. I also asked him what i could eat at work when im starving and he said some nuts, tried it thursday night cos we closed at 9:30pm and it worked. I asked him if i could see the dietician but he said he doesnt place a big emphasis on it, but im so out of ideas on food that im borred with food and i need to understand this band as my last one i could almost eat a full size meal. And plus WE have paid a massive amount to get this after care its even in the book and description of fees.

Oh the duetion helen something, cant remember her last name has a web site that has recipes that i would have never thought of. It doesnt have cals but the only bad thing in some is oil for the pan which spray could subsitute.

Apart from that in the middle of the night im hungry and i have a bottle if Water on my bed side table i have a few skulls and tell myself im full. Im down just over 10kg. With my last band it took me about a year to loose that. So now my depression has gone. And im below 110kg in a while so im pretty happy!

Hope everyone is going well, including the chrissie shopping!!!! Ive got in my head what im going to eat for chrissie lunch, but my brother just told me that i put a 2 cent bet on that my 18 month old nephew will eat 3 times more than me!!!!!!! And im 32!! Hey at least unlike everyone else we wont put on chrissie weight!!! I used to use it as an excuse!!!

Anyways another essay from me, the myans got it wrong, we are still here the world didnt end! Someone will get it right one day!!! Have a fantastic night and even better weekend and i wish everyone a wonderful christmas!!

Hi Susie,

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :rolleyes:

Hope things have settled down at work for you now! Gotta love the world of retail! We went to the boxing day sales today lol didn't last long though way too many people for my liking!

How was your Christmas lunch with your family? Did your nephew eat more than you in the end? hehe ;)

Well done on the 10kg loss that's fantastic! :rolleyes: You must be feeling a difference in your clothes and how you are feeling already.

Hope you have a Happy New Year! Wishing you all the best of luck in 2013! :rolleyes:

Hi Kate & Sussie,

Merry Christmas to you both also!! We did have a lovely Christmas.. Hope you guys also had a lovely Christmas.

Hmmm! I don't want to scare you Kate, but I ended up back in hospital.. : (.

I got some sort of infection. I was on pain of Friday night and went back into hospital on the Sat morning. They had no idea what was wrong and I had to stay in until Monday morning. So all our Christmas plans went out the window. But in saying that I'm not bitter about it at all. It just happened and I'm still happy i've had it. It was actually good for my partner to have the kids for 2 nights by himself. I think if it were planned he would have been like ummm not sure I could do this. ( Mainly because I was still feeding my little man over night. ) which because I was away for 2 nights I've been able to wean him... Aaannnnd. Lol last night he slept right through the night and that hasn't happened since he was like 3 months old. So good actually came out or it for me.

I was a week post on Monday. I went for my first 5k walk this morning with a friend. It was tough.. But I made it. I think it took us about 5 mins longer.. I'm about 5kgs down. I stopped taking my pain relief about 2 days ago. I did take lots of endone.. Still on antibiotics though. I'm not eating much. I had mainly soup... But I've had some mash potato with a bit of finley chopped chicken and gravy and I had some fish last night. That's all so far. That was pretty easy to eat. I do wish I could drink faster though. I normally guzzle my Water. I just have to learn to sip.

I chose day surgery mainly because of my kids.. Once your in there they give you a book to read.. It explains a lot. It also tells you that day surgery is better for you mentally. I do agree with that. I am happy that I did day.. I went in at 6.30am and was done at 11.45ish and left at about 5.30pm. I was up walking about an hour or so afterwards. I just walked the ward about 10 times. ( not at once! Over the time i was there ) I didn't feel like doing it but i knew it was best and I'm happy that I did.

That's good your husband can take time off. I think 2 days should be fine. You will definitely need him day 1 and will be nice to have him day 2. Just make sure you take it easy when your little man does. But they also want you to keep moving. I'm enjoying my nana naps. Lol. : D it is reasonably quick recovery. It was a bugger that I got an infection. But It did help me at the same time.

Sussie, I hope that it all starts to calm down for you now! Also what Kate said.. Who won?? Lol.

Hope your both doing well. X

Hey Sussie, what date is your dietary program night? Lauren

Hi Kate & Sussie' date='

Merry Christmas to you both also!! We did have a lovely Christmas.. Hope you guys also had a lovely Christmas.

Hmmm! I don't want to scare you Kate, but I ended up back in hospital.. : (.

I got some sort of infection. I was on pain of Friday night and went back into hospital on the Sat morning. They had no idea what was wrong and I had to stay in until Monday morning. So all our Christmas plans went out the window. But in saying that I'm not bitter about it at all. It just happened and I'm still happy i've had it. It was actually good for my partner to have the kids for 2 nights by himself. I think if it were planned he would have been like ummm not sure I could do this. ( Mainly because I was still feeding my little man over night. ) which because I was away for 2 nights I've been able to wean him... Aaannnnd. Lol last night he slept right through the night and that hasn't happened since he was like 3 months old. So good actually came out or it for me.

I was a week post on Monday. I went for my first 5k walk this morning with a friend. It was tough.. But I made it. I think it took us about 5 mins longer.. I'm about 5kgs down. I stopped taking my pain relief about 2 days ago. I did take lots of endone.. Still on antibiotics though. I'm not eating much. I had mainly soup... But I've had some mash potato with a bit of finley chopped chicken and gravy and I had some fish last night. That's all so far. That was pretty easy to eat. I do wish I could drink faster though. I normally guzzle my Water. I just have to learn to sip.

I chose day surgery mainly because of my kids.. Once your in there they give you a book to read.. It explains a lot. It also tells you that day surgery is better for you mentally. I do agree with that. I am happy that I did day.. I went in at 6.30am and was done at 11.45ish and left at about 5.30pm. I was up walking about an hour or so afterwards. I just walked the ward about 10 times. ( not at once! Over the time i was there ) I didn't feel like doing it but i knew it was best and I'm happy that I did.

That's good your husband can take time off. I think 2 days should be fine. You will definitely need him day 1 and will be nice to have him day 2. Just make sure you take it easy when your little man does. But they also want you to keep moving. I'm enjoying my nana naps. Lol. : D it is reasonably quick recovery. It was a bugger that I got an infection. But It did help me at the same time.

Sussie, I hope that it all starts to calm down for you now! Also what Kate said.. Who won?? Lol.

Hope your both doing well. X[/quote']

Hey! Sorry to hear your Christmas was spent in hospital :( That would have sucked but at least you were being looked after and getting the best care possible. Your thinking very positive too about if all which is great too. I will try not to freak out lol! ;) I'm sure little infections are probably a common thing. I'm glad your feeling better now though! :) And fantastic news about your son sleeping through!!! :)))) Enjoy! I LOVE my nana naps lol! I hope my son has them up till he starts school or I will spend my days sleep walking after him lol! ;)

The Water drinking slowly is going to be hard for me too I love gulping it down too. I'm also a drinker with food especially bread as I get the hiccups after one mouthful lol! Gonna be interesting! Probably eating slower will help with that! :)

We are trying to do a massive declutter around the house this week and start the new year all fresh and positive. New year new me! (very cliche but hey!) Currently boxing up my sons old clothes, geez has he got a large wardrobe of clothes in such a small amount of time! ;) Our roof is going to be full of clothes lol! :)

Well done on the walkies too! It will only get easier for you from now on! :)

P.S. I'm using my phone and it says I used rolling eyes as a smiley face lol! It was meant to be just a nice smiley face ooops lol! Gotta get used to those emoticons lol! :)

Hey! Sorry to hear your Christmas was spent in hospital :( That would have sucked but at least you were being looked after and getting the best care possible. Your thinking very positive too about if all which is great too. I will try not to freak out lol! ;) I'm sure little infections are probably a common thing. I'm glad your feeling better now though! :) And fantastic news about your son sleeping through!!! :)))) Enjoy! I LOVE my nana naps lol! I hope my son has them up till he starts school or I will spend my days sleep walking after him lol! ;)

The Water drinking slowly is going to be hard for me too I love gulping it down too. I'm also a drinker with food especially bread as I get the hiccups after one mouthful lol! Gonna be interesting! Probably eating slower will help with that! :)

We are trying to do a massive declutter around the house this week and start the new year all fresh and positive. New year new me! (very cliche but hey!) Currently boxing up my sons old clothes' date=' geez has he got a large wardrobe of clothes in such a small amount of time! ;) Our roof is going to be full of clothes lol! :)

Well done on the walkies too! It will only get easier for you from now on! :)

P.S. I'm using my phone and it says I used rolling eyes as a smiley face lol! It was meant to be just a nice smiley face ooops lol! Gotta get used to those emoticons lol! :)[/quote']

Oh no... Sorry! When I said my Christmas didn't go as planned. I meant that we were meant to go away an we couldn't. I actually got out of hospital on the Monday. We had planned to go to Warrnambool on the Monday and I would have been stupid if I had of travelled. Well mind you I was very close to.. Lol we did have a nice day.

Fingers crossed my little man sleeps through the night again and it wasn't a 1 off. Lol.

Oh and I love the nana naps! I mainly really have them on the weekend and the odd one during the week. I have a 4 year old girl and she still has a day sleep. I tried to hold onto it. She is pretty happy to have it still and she doesn't go down until about 8.30pm. They do say the fitter you get the less tired you are so fingers crossed.

How much are you wanting to lose? I'm wanting to lose about 40kgs. I'm about 7 down now.

I say good on you for the de clutter!! I did my daughters room yesterday.. I know what you mean.

I've done ok so far with the water.. I feel as though so far it's all been pretty good. I have had the hiccups a couple of time and it does hurt a little just with breathing in... Only when hiccuping ( but it's ok. ) but over all I don't feel I've been put out at all.

You will be fine!! So far I'm still happy I've done it. Lol. X

Hey Sussie' date=' what date is your dietary program night? Lauren[/quote']

I got a msg at 1am! From helen saying she will call me soon, but dates, 29/1 & 12/2 and they start i believe after 7pmish. Also she has a website with recipes and info- www.helenbauzon.com.au

Her phone number is 1300 650 619. I got an answering machine saying they would be in contact within 24 hours. But at least we have dates.

I put on 300g over 2 small meals at chrissie, but its just a slight speed hump that happens once a year. So i accepted it and moved on by thinking about positive things like enjoying the new exercise wii games, which i am! Also im getting so borred with food that im throughing it out. So shopping today i got low fat and low cal fetta cheese, more tin chicken, packaged low cal/fat sliced ham and salmon, so lots of Protein. Also i got vegi sausages cos they are 50cals for one, steamed it cos it has no fat it just goes hard in the pan. I also got a pack of crispy lettuce so ill see how i go with lettuce tomorrow.

Anyways i hope everyone is well! Have a wonderful day! Oh i have 48kg till goal.

I got a msg at 1am! From helen saying she will call me soon' date=' but dates, 29/1 & 12/2 and they start i believe after 7pmish. Also she has a website with recipes and info- www.helenbauzon.com.au

Her phone number is 1300 650 619. I got an answering machine saying they would be in contact within 24 hours. But at least we have dates.

I put on 300g over 2 small meals at chrissie, but its just a slight speed hump that happens once a year. So i accepted it and moved on by thinking about positive things like enjoying the new exercise wii games, which i am! Also im getting so borred with food that im throughing it out. So shopping today i got low fat and low cal fetta cheese, more tin chicken, packaged low cal/fat sliced ham and salmon, so lots of Protein. Also i got vegi sausages cos they are 50cals for one, steamed it cos it has no fat it just goes hard in the pan. I also got a pack of crispy lettuce so ill see how i go with lettuce tomorrow.

Anyways i hope everyone is well! Have a wonderful day! Oh i have 48kg till goal.[/quote']

We may meet.. I got a letter 2 days ago. My date is the 29th of Jan. : ) We come back from Adelaide that day so I'm hopping the date is ok for us.

Hey don't worry about the 300gm. It's really not that much... In saying that.... You should only weigh yourself once a week twice max. You get disheartened when you yoyo a few grams.

We are off to Warrnabool today to see my family for Christmas!! Hope you and everyone also have a lovely weekend. X