Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any Aussies out there?

I wont have a chance to take it early at work cos someone invented chrissie cake which my parents loved and mince tarts that i loved. We dont have a microwave at work so i would have a spinach fetta and cheese danish and chuck it in the oven cos they stayed really hot. I didnt eat anything else, no wait occasionally i would taste test the icing! So i wont miss anything there, i can just inhale. I look at it if i eat it its just extra cals i have to burn. Yeh yesterday i wasnt hungry at all and i was waiting. Cos it just didnt feel right. So i think the next time i have metamucil maybe a couple of hours after tea so then hopefully im hungry by lunch or even afternoon tea time the next day. Yes my mum and dad are both over weight and most people on my dads side including my late pop, and his 2 sisters. Both parents have high cholestrol and high blood pressure. I strangly dont have any of those. But im going to adk mr burton what my pre op bloods showed. Im on drugs for life for epilepsy which means cos i will never be able to get off them, dose might be able to go down, but sadly it means i cant have kids cos the rusks off diformities are really high and odviously you cant do drug studies on pregnancy cos its unethical. But i will get a dog instead. I came to accept it when i was only 21. But if i take the drugs i have my freedom i can drive live alone and work. I agree the waiting is the worst bit!!!!

Lol. Inhaling is good.. Just make sure you don't over do it with the hard work..

I'm sorry that you have epilepsy! But hey! Don't rule out having a family if that's truly what you want or dreamed of... I've just done a little reading!! It's still definitely possible.. Or there are some beautiful kids out there in need of a loving family home needing a mum and dad to love them.. Just something to think about over the years if it's something that you can do and want. Just putting it out there!! Or.. Lol my steph dad inherited 3 gorgeous kids finding my mum... Lol me being one of them. He did then go on to have 2 more with my mum! Yep we have one big family. 5 kids. If you do chose a dog.. My daughter and I have our eye on a mini maltese **** zu puppy. " soo cute! "

Hi Lozjacko!

Not long to go now for you! :)

Were you at the Glen Iris clinic on Tuesday by any chance? I had an appointment there with Mr Stewart Skinner. I have booked myself in for late January. I'm freaking out whether I am making the right decision or not though. In two minds at the moment and its making me sick to my stomach! Would love to keep in touch and see how you are going with it all! I'm 32 and have an 18mth old son. I live in the sth eastern suburbs. Look forward to hearing from you :)

Hi Lozjacko!

Not long to go now for you! :)

Were you at the Glen Iris clinic on Tuesday by any chance? I had an appointment there with Mr Stewart Skinner. I have booked myself in for late January. I'm freaking out whether I am making the right decision or not though. In two minds at the moment and its making me sick to my stomach! Would love to keep in touch and see how you are going with it all! I'm 32 and have an 18mth old son. I live in the sth eastern suburbs. Look forward to hearing from you :)

Hi SK8,

No, I was about 5 weeks ago on a tues though.. Lol. With Professor O'Brien.

My surgery date is on Monday.. Aww! Lol Actually I'm doing pretty well with my decision. I know its going to be a huge lifestyle change. I just was the end result so much that I don't really have second thoughts. This is for my kids as much as it is for me..

Good on you for making that step. Funny enough I was meant to be in late January and I asked if by chance I could get in earlier to get it out the way and lucky for me I could.. and as my partner is on holidays and I will have help.

Also 32 here and I have a 4 year old daughter and a 20month old son. And eastern suburbs here.

Hopefully after Monday I can be more helpful to you..

Definitely happy to keep in touch..

Welcone sk8!!!! If you have any any questions about before during and after we are all here for you. Lapband is the safest and only reviseable surgery, like i wanted mine out cos it was placed wrong so no matter what fill i had i was always chucking. 18 months ago after i got it taken out i never thought i would want it again. But i no it works and at least melb has such a great parnrship and the docs let you know in advance what they expect from the start till the rest of your life which i never got in hobart or geelong. Were you given the blue book that also has a dvd 8 golden rules? Watch the dvd and a couple chapters of the book, my mums friend got stomach stapling and she lost tons of weight then over a couple years gained close to 50kg back. And last year her staples burts and she was very nearlly dead from all the gut juices going every were and she was in icu for a while. In my first visit with mr burton i told him a band would be good but i asked him is there a better one you think i should have? I know the sleeve stretches and after a while not good.

We must all be 32 here!!!! Thats a long wait till january!!! I had just under 2 weeks to wait and that seemed like forever!! Ask us anything from basically never going to the loo to never being able to take part in burping compitions!!

Hi SK8' date='

No, I was about 5 weeks ago on a tues though.. Lol. With Professor O'Brien.

My surgery date is on Monday.. Aww! Lol Actually I'm doing pretty well with my decision. I know its going to be a huge lifestyle change. I just was the end result so much that I don't really have second thoughts. This is for my kids as much as it is for me..

Good on you for making that step. Funny enough I was meant to be in late January and I asked if by chance I could get in earlier to get it out the way and lucky for me I could.. and as my partner is on holidays and I will have help.

Also 32 here and I have a 4 year old daughter and a 20month old son. And eastern suburbs here.

Hopefully after Monday I can be more helpful to you..

Definitely happy to keep in touch..[/quote']

Hey lozjacko!

Thanks for the reply! :)

You sound like you are very ready for it! I look forward to hearing how your surgery/progress goes after Monday! :)

I had a choice of getting it done on the 20th of dec but chose the later date due to everything being so crazy with christmas! Although my hubby is also on holidays round this time so it probably would have been a good thing!

Lol my son is actually 19mths old not 18mths was half asleep last night when writing! :)

I think i am worrying about something going wrong the most and having ongoing issues after the op. Ahhh I dont know! Sorry a little all over the place at the moment! So many thoughts flying round my head! :)

Welcone sk8!!!! If you have any any questions about before during and after we are all here for you. Lapband is the safest and only reviseable surgery' date=' like i wanted mine out cos it was placed wrong so no matter what fill i had i was always chucking. 18 months ago after i got it taken out i never thought i would want it again. But i no it works and at least melb has such a great parnrship and the docs let you know in advance what they expect from the start till the rest of your life which i never got in hobart or geelong. Were you given the blue book that also has a dvd 8 golden rules? Watch the dvd and a couple chapters of the book, my mums friend got stomach stapling and she lost tons of weight then over a couple years gained close to 50kg back. And last year her staples burts and she was very nearlly dead from all the gut juices going every were and she was in icu for a while. In my first visit with mr burton i told him a band would be good but i asked him is there a better one you think i should have? I know the sleeve stretches and after a while not good.

We must all be 32 here!!!! Thats a long wait till january!!! I had just under 2 weeks to wait and that seemed like forever!! Ask us anything from basically never going to the loo to never being able to take part in burping compitions!![/quote']

Hi Skuzzie! Thanks for the reply really appreciate it! :)

Lol cant belive we are all 32yrs old! :)

How long ago did you get yours redone? My heads a little everywhere at the moment so sorry if I jump all over the place with my reply! :)

I'm worried about being sick all the time. Lol im worried my Mum will find out too haha yes at 32 I still worry what my Mum thinks lol! ;) She thinks it's not good to mess with your body like this. Especially after seeing my Aunty go through stomach stapling and a some bowel operation and all the issues she has now from it all.... she's skinny but not happy and not well! But i know lapbanding isnt as intrusive as those others surgeries and is reversible. But still i am messing about with my body! Did mr burton say that the band was best for you and long term would it still be ok? Sounds terrible what happened to your Mums friend I hope they are ok now.

I have battled my weight issues for 17yrs now aswell as depression. Things are getting worse not better and i just want to be able to give my son and husband a happy mother and wife and be happy myself not waking up hating myself everyday! I would love to look in the mirror and love what I see oneday.

Sorry for the long winded reply :)

Hey all. I got my band 30/11/12 and live in Melbourne. Anyone want to share or vent during our journey. My mission is to stop being just the girl with a pretty face! Eould love to chat with any and everyone!! Have a good one!

Hi my name is chelsea - I am in the first stage - resurch and waiting - I have just signed up for bupa medical insurance and they say 12 mths before I get the go ahead- other wise local doc here charges 15 k for surgery. So I am on a twelve month plan to get into the mind frame-

Hey all. I got my band 30/11/12 and live in Melbourne. Anyone want to share or vent during our journey. My mission is to stop being just the girl with a pretty face! Eould love to chat with any and everyone!! Have a good one!

Hi, I'm Chelsea - I'm just starting my journey- resurch and waiting twelve months till op. I live in marrakai nt . Would love to chat about the path.

Welcone with big cuddly hugs from all of us chelsea!!! I think you would make us laugh if you were 32!!!! And in melb!!! Im also with bupa they cover everything but are not friends with every hospital cos i had to pay for the days i stayed. Do research and talk to any one and every one!! Oh im happy today 2 weeks post-op 7.9kg. Oh my advice dont have metamucil in the morning cos i did and didnt eat all day!!! Totally not hungry! I was waiting to get hungry, weirdest feeling ever! I used to chuck heaps with my old band but it doesnt hurt only the pain from being stuck. Which passes but you dont feel like eating after it. Today im off mushies and softer food with like extra sauce or mayo. I was tested today i ate out with my friend and i had sumo salad and i asked for less lettuce, it was a chicken cheese avacado mayo and i did really well!! As long as you chew food to mush and you wait a min inbetween swallows you should be fine.

I just had tea and to help keep the cals down cos of the mayo and crumbed chicken and cheese i decided not to have Protein tonight, i no that i shouldnt. So i had avacado, 1 sugar snap pea, mushrooms and 2 cherry tomatoes and mustard mayo, weighed it so i can track my cals. Oh advice with tomatoes, i found the skin was hard to chew so i peeled them and still stuck to my 1/2 a cup.

Otherwise ive just finished my 2 weeks off and go back to work at bakers delight tomorrow! I will only miss the spinach fetta and cheese danish after we stick them in the oven.

Oh i found a steamer is a fantasic way to chuck everything in inluding eggs, so as everyone but me has kidies, well i dont know if 2 zhu zhu pets count. Its a george forman $49 and fits tons. If you have any questions ask away and i have this on my mobile so i can get back quickly. Im great at writing essays!!! Oh if you have an android phone, i would recomend downloading my fitness pal so you can track your weight and cals and exercise. Also calorie king or you can get the book, its great especially for coffees!!! Have a great night and great to see so many of us on here!!!

Hey lozjacko!

Thanks for the reply! :)

You sound like you are very ready for it! I look forward to hearing how your surgery/progress goes after Monday! :)

I had a choice of getting it done on the 20th of dec but chose the later date due to everything being so crazy with christmas! Although my hubby is also on holidays round this time so it probably would have been a good thing!

Lol my son is actually 19mths old not 18mths was half asleep last night when writing! :)

I think i am worrying about something going wrong the most and having ongoing issues after the op. Ahhh I dont know! Sorry a little all over the place at the moment! So many thoughts flying round my head! :)

It's Lauren : )

I am ready!. I just want my journey to start.. I wanted to be skinny and healthy years ago... Lol impatient much? Lol. I know it will be challenging over the Christmas period.. but I feel like their will never be the best time to have it done.. So no time like the present.

I know of a couple of people that had it done and hands down they said they would do it again in a heart beat. With reading Professor O'Briens book and i watched his seminar and the 8 golden rules, googled lots and have read lots of stories on here I feel pretty comfortable with it all. I love to read other people journeys and how much they have lost plus seeing b4 and after photos . It's pretty inspiring. In saying that I did also make sure that I read people's journeys that haven't gone so well. I don't want to go in with rose colour glasses.

Funny you say your son is now 19 months... I always have to think about it. I think I was telling everyone my son was 16 months for like 3 months. Lol it wasn't until I counted the months I'm like um now hang on he is.... Lol. Actually now I think about it, my little man is 19 months I think I first said 20 months to you.. Lol. I think we are as bad as each other. My little man was born in May. Lol

I've actually also decided not to tell many people. I've told my younger sister and a couple of friends. My older sister talked me out of doing this 12 months ago as she thought is was a drastic move. I do wish that I hadn't listened to her as I would be well on my journey. Also not telling my mum. But she is coming to Melb to stay on Wednesday for nights for my daughters dance concert so I'm guessing she will find out then. Lol I will only be day 3 so I don't think I can hide it. I don't want to have to explain myself to people as to why I'm having it.

Try not to over think the process! Just try and read lots of people's stories and make sure you understand how is works.. Very happy to chat to you after I have mine done.. And let you know exactly what happens. The more you check out this forum the more you will feel comfortable as everyone or everyone I have come across are very supportive I don't think there is a question that you can't ask.. Enjoy your night. : )

Good Luck back at work tomorrow skuzzie! Take it easy with all those hungry Christmas shoppers!!

Morning ladies' date=' I'm also an Aussie, about 90 minutes east of Melbourne. I was banded 13 April 2011 and have lost 63kg so far. Would like to lose about another 10 but am not in any great rush at the moment. I cannot believe how good I feel every day now, compared to feeling sick and miserable so much of the time before.

I'm also on myfitnesspal if you want to friend me there. I find it really helpful to keep track of my calories, especially because I have turned into something of an exercise junkie.

Best of luck to you both with your journey.[/quote']

I too am about 90 mins from Melbourne in gippsland. Are you in the same area?? If so.... Did you use a local surgeon or a melb one??

I hate it cos people go to aldi then to us or to see santa and the to us, we hate the weekend, i look at it as incidental exercise!!! And i will be using muscles i have happily forgotten about!

When you see you mum just tell her you have to have fluids so you dont get sick, very plasable!!!!! And if she presses you could just say oh i had a lap band put in the other day, and if she has issues let her express them but you can come on and tell us her response, im sure im not the only one who likes goss. Does any one else have a problem of loving to read to much into things? Im guilty!!!!! At least by the end of next week everyone will have 2 people to bounce off. Oh i got that card saying i have a lapband to keep in your wallet and it has an xray image i dont know if its me or generic, its a 10ml band and it says fill amount range, your doc and there phone number. Very handy so they dont force the wrong food on us!!! Anyways off to bed now. Have a lovely weekend while i slave away still being the fat girl that the apron barley fits and who has eaten the shop 3 times over!!!! I know by next new years i should be well on my way to goal and the misery and the way they treat me will be so different!! Or you could tell your mum that you have gone on a new liquid diet for a week, pluasable!

Have a good one

Welcone with big cuddly hugs from all of us chelsea!!! I think you would make us laugh if you were 32!!!! And in melb!!! Im also with bupa they cover everything but are not friends with every hospital cos i had to pay for the days i stayed. Do research and talk to any one and every one!! Oh im happy today 2 weeks post-op 7.9kg. Oh my advice dont have metamucil in the morning cos i did and didnt eat all day!!! Totally not hungry! I was waiting to get hungry' date=' weirdest feeling ever! I used to chuck heaps with my old band but it doesnt hurt only the pain from being stuck. Which passes but you dont feel like eating after it. Today im off mushies and softer food with like extra sauce or mayo. I was tested today i ate out with my friend and i had sumo salad and i asked for less lettuce, it was a chicken cheese avacado mayo and i did really well!! As long as you chew food to mush and you wait a min inbetween swallows you should be fine.

I just had tea and to help keep the cals down cos of the mayo and crumbed chicken and cheese i decided not to have Protein tonight, i no that i shouldnt. So i had avacado, 1 sugar snap pea, mushrooms and 2 cherry tomatoes and mustard mayo, weighed it so i can track my cals. Oh advice with tomatoes, i found the skin was hard to chew so i peeled them and still stuck to my 1/2 a cup.

Otherwise ive just finished my 2 weeks off and go back to work at bakers delight tomorrow! I will only miss the spinach fetta and cheese danish after we stick them in the oven.

Oh i found a steamer is a fantasic way to chuck everything in inluding eggs, so as everyone but me has kidies, well i dont know if 2 zhu zhu pets count. Its a george forman 49 and fits tons. If you have any questions ask away and i have this on my mobile so i can get back quickly. Im great at writing essays!!! Oh if you have an android phone, i would recomend downloading my fitness pal so you can track your weight and cals and exercise. Also calorie king or you can get the book, its great especially for coffees!!! Have a great night and great to see so many of us on here!!![/quote']

Hahahha. I'm new too. From near melb and....... 32...... Next birthday lol