Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is This It Or Could I Be Too Tight

On the 29th I got a fil which now I have 5cc, today is the 3rd and I haven't been able to get in solid foods, is this okay? I've never felt it like this and I've had the band for almost 2yrs.

The same thing happened to me....and I just had an unfill on yesterday. Talk to your doctor...and hope it gets better.

They may have to take out some. Have you tried drinking hot tea?

I'm having a very similar issue. I had a leak and went through a long process to get everything fixed. I had my 2nd fill yesterday and I believe I'm now at 5.5cc. Initially I could feel that plain Water was not flowing completely free but did go down. I had some Soup last night now huge issues but definitely felt food going down. Prior to my leak I was at 6.5 CC and never experienced this tight feeling infact I was pretty much at the perfect spot and losing lots of weight. This 2nd go around has me a little worried.. How many days should I wait for this I know you're not supposed to but I tried a hard boiled egg this morning I had to eat it EXTREMELY SLOW and it still felt very tight..

Most people are tight in the morning. Its normal to struggle with food in the early am. I just stick to my Protein. I have to be mindful of my eating as the day goes, because in the room I didn't. I'm trying to fet back on track.

Im only one at one fill of 4cc and I cant even get down yogurt in the morning. Ive discovered I need to drink something hot. Ive been drinking sugar free international coffee..pretty good..Ive thrown up or pb'd..chicken, Pasta and bread. Im good with puree food..soft foods..most solids get stuck and sit there..tried pineapple juice and it made me throw up. Something tells me its not supposed to be like this...I dont understand how I cld be too tight already?

If it feels unbearable please contact you doctor. They can take a half of cc out, and see what happens. But you have to understand that somethings won't work for the new you. I love greek yogurt, but it had to be 2% the 0% makes me gag. Its been a very long time since I've had the 0 %, so listening to my nutritionist I tried it again. I barely swallowed the first spoon full before my stomach sent it back up. I use to love v8. I can't do them. I haven't tried them in a long time. But the last time was a no go. I can't do apples. Now I can have them in my own juice, made in my juicer. But if I buy the premade smoothe it won't work. No apple sauce. Its just things that won't happen for you and you have to be accepting to the changes. The band is like a spoiled baby. If it not presented at the right time or fits the bill it won't go down.

If it feels unbearable please contact you doctor. They can take a half of cc out, and see what happens. But you have to understand that somethings won't work for the new you. I love greek yogurt, but it had to be 2% the 0% makes me gag. Its been a very long time since I've had the 0 %, so listening to my nutritionist I tried it again. I barely swallowed the first spoon full before my stomach sent it back up. I use to love v8. I can't do them. I haven't tried them in a long time. But the last time was a no go. I can't do apples. Now I can have them in my own juice, made in my juicer. But if I buy the premade smoothe it won't work. No apple sauce. Its just things that won't happen for you and you have to be accepting to the changes. The band is like a spoiled baby. If it not presented at the right time or fits the bill it won't go down.

I know a lot of people can't eat Pasta and bread. Would make me sick. Maybe try mushy for couple days. Beans, canned light ( not white) tuna, canned chicken. Etc...

I have been having issues of being tight. I didn't really allow it to bother me much, because I was loosing. But now I'm not loosing. So I had to get that issue resolved today. I'm .4ccs better. So sometimes all you need is a small adjustment.

I am so glad you are posting this. My unfill is definitely the right decision for me now. Will see what the next two months will be. I have an option to get a fill, but my body needs to get healthy again.

My unfill of 1/4cc was not painful at all ( the lidocaine shots stung a little) after a few sips of Water through straw in office, I could feel a difference. I believe this was the right decision as much as I didn't want to.

You are right. I want the weight loss but not the constant vomiting and suckness that goes along with it. We really did the best thing for us.

Glad you listened to your body. You have to be able to eat dense Protein or you will not make it. You shouldn't be drinking your protein anymore either if you are several months out. You have to be able to eat normal food. Happy you went in!