Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What size do you want to be?

A few ladies in Mesquite, Texas had a clothing swap, Keri aka Banded for life held it at her house and we all swapped clothes and chatted. It was nice. I dont know what state everyone reside in but maybe you could get one started in your area.

I think a clothing swap would be a great idea. I was planning on buying all my clothes at Wally World or on ebay while losing.

You know, my hubby's hobby is rc racing and he is a member of several rc discussion boards. All of them have a forum for trading and selling rc related items. I think it would be great if we had a similiar forum on these boards. Just a thought.

I was banded 2/21/06 at 281 lbs, I am down -52 lbs and have a goal weight of 140lbs....

It just doesn't happen fast enought for all the work I have done! after a loss of 52 lbs I have only gone down 1 clothing size!!!! :faint:

Great thread, I love reading everyone's goals....

I secretly dream of a size 8, but with my frame and build I do not think that is realistic.

I am currently shooting for a 12.

I am in an 18 regular jeans now at 264 lbs.

Started this at 329lbs and size 26W jeans!

The smallest size I ever remember being in was a 14/16 in 5th grade. I am currently a 22/24 (this is the most I have ever weighed) So honestly I have no idea what I will look like in any thing under a 14th. I'll be happy just to wear regular sizes in regular stores. If I had to say, I would love to be a perfect size 6, but I know that's not realistic, so I'll say a 10/12.

I was a size 2X in women's

Now I am a size 14

I am not sure about my goal size? Maybe a 10ish.

Although, do you folks feel that the sizes are different since you've lost weight? I don't remember being a size 14 at 189 pounds...

Shawn

I started out wearing an 18/20. Now I can wear a 4/6. I'm still about 15 pounds away from a "normal" BMI, so I guess size 2/4 is where I'm hoping to end up.

I agree that sizes aren't what they used to be. I wore 4/6 years ago, at less than 100 pounds.

PS...I'm a shortie....not quite 5 feet tall.

I'm with Carlene.

I'm a size 8 now. I can't wait to get into a size 6. But, my goal is a size 4.

That seems a long way away.

I am a size 20 or 22 (5' 11") I wore a 20 in Old Navy Jeans today. I want to be in a size 8 or 10. We have this thing every year. It is called the River Festival, it is the last week end of April. Well I have not went for 2 years cause I am so fat and I live in a small town so you see everybody in the world, people you have not seen in years!!! SO my goal is to be a size 8 or 10 by next years River Festival so I can go and feel normal again. I live in South Alabama so it is real hot, everyone is wearing shorts and tanktops and some bathing suits. So I would just look stupid if I was wearing jeans or something. I am scheduled for Lap Band on April 17th!!!! Be Honest, for those of you who have done this, is this a realistic goal? I promise I will exercise and eat right and really do everything that I am suppose to do. This is a real question so please answer it. I want to set realistic goals for myself but I can't without having input from others.

Thanks Yall

I'm 5'9" and am wearing a size 24 jean today and they're fitting pretty loose. I have another pair of jeans, same manufacturer but a different style, in the same size, that I can't zip. What's up with that? This kind of thing makes me absolutely crazy. I would like to get down to a size 12 but realistically I'll probably settle for a size 16. Maybe. Maybe I'll change my mind when I begin to have a new body image.

OK, this is kind of a highjack, and I apologize, but this seems like the right place to post it:

I went into a 'Chico's' clothing store for the first time about a week ago. I see the commercial's for Chico's on TV and I really don't think that much about the clothes in the ads but I've got some time to kill, waiting on an appointment, with nothing to do. I've just been banded so I'm not going to buy clothes right now but I thought it would be as good a way to waste 20 minutes as any.

So, even knowing I'm not planning to buy anything, I stroll into the store. The clerks look up from their (I'm sure) VERY important jobs, half smile, mumble hello and go back to what they're doing. No biggy. Another lady comes in after me and you'd have thought Laura Bush or Princess-Di-back-from-the-dead had just entered the store! They both stopped what they were doing, greeted her, told her about the new arrivals, offered her a beverage (!) and pretty much fell all over themselves to help her. I thought, well, maybe they know her and know she spends a lot of money in the store. OK. Another person walked into the store and the same thing happened! Meanwhile, I'm looking at a rack of tops and I start looking at sizes, I mean, I'm in the store, I might as well check out the prices, right?

After looking around I concluded that in addition to being more than a little pricey for some pretty average clothing, the largest size in the store is a 3. I swear. Even better (or worse) the smallest size they carried was a .5 ! I swear to God, they carried point five as a size. What the F? What's next? Point two five? Give me a break, please!

No wonder they didn't give me the time of day - they KNEW I wasn't buying anything - and NOT because I chose not to. Point five my hind end!

Now when I see those Chico's commercials I just get steamed.

Sorry about the highjack - carry on! :-)

Why is everyone here shooting for 10-12'ish? Why not single digits? We have the ability to be as skinny as we want. Why not shoot for a size similar to the people you see laying out in the sun in Miami or Malibu. Come on people, imagine being a size where you fit in with the people getting a sun tan on the beach. That's my goal, I want to be a size where I can run around the beach in a pair of shorts and not be embarrassed.

Why is everyone here shooting for 10-12'ish

well for me a size 10 would be heaven. I haven't been in a size 14 or less in 15 years or more.

I was anorexic when I was 17 and lost down to 117lbs and even then at 5'7 I was size 6!!!

large boned and size 10 shoe - don't think I will ever be thinner than I was at that time.

My goal weight is a "healthy" weight of 150 lbs and then when I am there I will see how I am doing and re-evaluate where I need to be.

Quote by *Sarah*

SO my goal is to be a size 8 or 10 by next years River Festival so I can go and feel normal again. I live in South Alabama so it is real hot, everyone is wearing shorts and tanktops and some bathing suits. So I would just look stupid if I was wearing jeans or something. I am scheduled for Lap Band on April 17th!!!! Be Honest, for those of you who have done this, is this a realistic goal? I promise I will exercise and eat right and really do everything that I am suppose to do. This is a real question so please answer it. I want to set realistic goals for myself but I can't without having input from others.

*Sarah* - I'm thinking it's about 155 for a size 10.... not a perfect science because everyone's body is different.... So, that's about what? close to 65 lbs. I would say that this is entirely possible in a year! Good luck on your surgery!

DonnaB - just saw your post about Chicos - I know that sucks when they do that to you! I had the same experience in Saks 5th avenue. NOONE would help me and they were falling over themselves to help other people. Sucks big time. I'll be like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman ---- one of these days I'll go back and give them the you work on commission line - big mistake ---- huge. Hey - just so you know - Chico's sizes are different than other peoples sizes - a Chico's size 3 is equivalent to around a 14-16 I think. I thought the same thing when I went in there the first time!

I am in Aussie so I think the sizes are different but I started in a 24/26 now I am in a 16...18 with the swelling I have at the moment. I would be happy with 12/14. It is a realistic size that I know I can maintain.