Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Takeaway Addiction Obviously Pre Op

Anyone else get reliant on takeaways and feel slightly addicted to not cooking and just ordering ?

Sent from Indiana's iPhone using LapBandTalk

absolutely.

its fast, cheap and easy

not to mention high fat, high calorie and highly processed

def a huge reason i got over 300.

you either decide to eat better quality foods or choose to eat out.

i chose to have this surgery and eat better foods in my dr alloted aounts

I cnt wait until I have completed saving near there hoping to get banded in February. My life needs to change so unhappy it is unreal how much weight can affect your lifestyle health and mentality

Yes this is what I used to do before being banded and how I got obese. Yes being overweight is depressing and does affect your mental and physicial health.

Yes, I am ashamed to admit I ate fast food at least 4-5 times a week before surgery. Not only is it quick and easy, it's comfort food.

One of the many benefits I've experienced since being banded is that I no longer want or like fast food. My body is so used to being fed healthy foods, now if I eat junk it makes me feel really awful.

I understand completely. I ordered take out almost every night of the week before I was banded. And it was good quality food...not McDonalds or Burger King. However, that is how I kept creeping up in weight and led me to 270lbs and counting. I'm not going to lie, I miss it at times, but I feel so much better now that I cook my own food. I still get take out maybe once a week but it's much healthier, all Protein, no carbs and usually only eat half and save the other for the next day, or better yet, share it with my kids. I run a very busy lifestyle so it's hard to cook all of the time. Not to mention, the extra $150+ a week in my purse is so worth it! I couldn't believe how much money I spent on take out. I could've saved to buy a house after all those years! lol

I rarely ever ate fast food, but still managed to get plenty fat without it. I can't imagine the shape I would have been in if I had eaten fast food on a regular basis!!

The worst we do now is order Mexican about once a week, but skipping the chips and salsa, making healthier choices, not to mention eating a fraction of the amount I used to, I consider it a treat and it hasn't hampered my weight loss.

Thanks for your replys. I'm glad I'm not alone I just cnt wait until I have all the money saved to just book and sort my life out. I have researched and know this is something I have to do for myself or possibly face death as my weight gain and food intake completely out of control

Yes, I am ashamed to admit I ate fast food at least 4-5 times a week before surgery. Not only is it quick and easy, it's comfort food.

One of the many benefits I've experienced since being banded is that I no longer want or like fast food. My body is so used to being fed healthy foods, now if I eat junk it makes me feel really awful.

I could have written this. I ate fast food for lunch daily... Now I don't even crave it

I ate fast food/pizza AT LEAST once a day. Wuite often, twice a day. I haven't had any since oct 23rd. I haven't missed it yet!

I agree that fast food was a comfort for me as well and happened more times than I care to admit.

I would stress though that the band doesn't stop you from eating it, you have to still be commited to eating healthier. chips and salsa, hamburgers, tacos, etc. can still get past the band.

I'm finding that when my kids have junk from time to time I have a bite and it no longer has the same appeal to me as it did pre banding.

Actually if you think about it, if you're at home, by the time you get in your car to drive to get take out or have it delivered you can have your food ready in that time. Cooking your own food doesn't take that long or preparing a healthier lunch to take with you is quick too, just takes planning.

Oh yes, the fast food, take away,ordering in, doughnuts for Breakfast, mindless eating, huge portions, emotional eating,cheap, high fat foods, low nutritional value..... all that and more helped me get to the highest weight ever.

But, now, after banding, my outlook about food and nutrition has changed significantly.

Honestly, food is no longer such a focus. Now, I think more about the quality of the food. A great turn around for my brain mostly !