Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Weigh In! :)

I just weighed myself for the first time since I started my pre-op diet. Did 9 days of a low carb diet and am 4 days post op and I'm down 17lbs.

What an amazing feeling!

Congratulations!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Good for you

Thanks lady's! I weighed myself again today.. Haha trying not to obsess! But I'm down another 4lbs, so 21lbs in total.

This seems quite rapid to me, is this normal?

I have been obsessed with the scale since day one! It is ok as long as you know things will go up and down and you will have stalls. I picked Monday as my official weigh in day so that is the day I count.

Great work!

I have been obsessed with the scale since day one! It is ok as long as you know things will go up and down and you will have stalls. I picked Monday as my official weigh in day so that is the day I count.

Great work!

I'm a month & a week post op. Had my first fill last week. I've only lost 16lbs total. I kinda eat what I want, except for foods I have trouble getting down like hamburger Buns. But I eat much less. No sodas, no sugary drinks or Snacks. Should I be losing more?

That's a bit silly! You should at least try and eat well to help with weightloss... I know it's hard but it's worth it once the scales move :)

That's a bit silly! You should at least try and eat well to help with weightloss... I know it's hard but it's worth it once the scales move :)

I do eat well. No carbs except wheat bread. Mostly Proteins & green veggies. The only time I have potatoes is when I get them in my low calorie frozen meals. For Snacks I eat sugarfree popscicles. I have had a couple of Cookies and was afraid to eat that. My nutritionist said what I eating is fine. But I'm not going to get on any stringent diet. That's what's silly. I'm eating a third of what I used to eat & I have to learn to eat for life. Not short term. That's what I mean when I say I eat what I want. Since I'm not binging or pigging out, I'm not going to deprive myself. As long as I only eat a tiny portion.

That is exactly what my NUT says and I follow that. Make sure you get your lab work done very 3-4 months for at least the first year. It will change based on what you are eating. My vit A was low last time because I was eating all green veggies. She added sweet potatoes, spinach, and Beans to boost my Vit A up. Keep up the good work!

Thanks lady's! I weighed myself again today.. Haha trying not to obsess! But I'm down another 4lbs, so 21lbs in total.

This seems quite rapid to me, is this normal?

So great! Are you following a stringent post op diet? Are you eating more or less than 1200 calories? Just curious!

Hi Dreamers,

I've just been following my post-op diet the surgeon recommended and I feel like my body is melting away. It's insane, my jeans which were tight on me last Thursday are getting baggy, especially in the bum. I really have noticed quite the difference in my body, even my face is looking more slender and I'm 7 days post -op.

I've only been able to consume about 800-900 calories a day. I'm now down 25lbs.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? I am only 23, so maybe age has a bit of a factor. I did the 'LA weight loss' program a few years ago and lost 60lbs in 3 months, so maybe it's just the way my body is. I would almost prefer to lose slower, not sure if that would make a difference in loose skin or not?

Wow that's awesome! Maybe your age does have a factor in it. I am 29, I hope I have similar results hah! I had a conversation on here with a girl who was 35 and was losing at a fast rate. She had a similar bmi to me (under 35) and said she was following doctors diet and instructions very closely. That's where my money is! I start pre op diet in a week and am very nervous about the only liquids, but I am going to follow instructions cos it seems like the people who are having the most success are doing as they are told.

Your results are inspiring! Thanks for sharing!