Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seems Like Life Revolves Around Exercising And Food

I'm not saying that I don't like to exercise becuause I do enjoy it but it seems/feels like my life revolves around exercising and food. How do you get past that feeling? Do you ever get past that feeling? I'm so tired (and bored), exercising is supposed to be fun and give you more energy isn't it. I exercise 5-7 days a week for an hour or an hour and half..... if I do anything less my husband says "that was kinda weak wasn't it?" I feel like if I don't exercise that long that I didn't really do anything. I'm finding myself dreading going out to the garage/gym.

It really seems like that is what my life conists of and thinking about food. These past few weeks I realized that I was eating it seemed like all day long (even though I wasnt hungry) so I started setting the timer on my phone to make myself wait at least 4hrs between meals. I can't stay out of the kitchen, I'm always opening the fridge or the pantry and just looking. I check the timer on my phone several times to see how much time is left until my next meal. I hate being home all day but if I stay gone my husband is always asking me "when are you gonna get your exercise in?" I almost feel like I am losing it.

I know I should be grateful that I have that much time to exercise and I probably shouldn't feel this way because alot of people simply don't have that much time in their day to exercise. there's always so many other things that I want to do during the day but by the time I get my exercise in (and get all my other chores done) I don't have time to start anything else.

I don't know Maybe I'm just having a "poor me" day. I hate feeling this way.

start finding fun exercising like zumba classes or something else...I hate exercise but I just recently starteing doing 5k's but they are themed based like i did a night one where we all wear glow in the dark paint and light up stuff...it makes it fun and turns your focus to doing something fun...get a wii and play fitness games its fun...but if you make it a pain and think about it too much it will just be a chore and no one likes chores..

Yea I feel like that sometimes. It's gets really aggravating but I think it's his way of "helping" me and being "supportive"

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

he means well he wants to help you get to your goal but we women don t like it..Mine does it too...but I know he means well and I love him for it and he gets to finish all my extra food when we go out i only eat a few bites and then hand him my plate likes the benefits...if you get bored go window shopping or anything that will take your mind off eating...I usually jump in my car and take a nice drive with the top down( I have an convertible) it make me happy find your happy thing and when you get to the stir crazy thing go do it.

start finding fun exercising like zumba classes or something else...I hate exercise but I just recently starteing doing 5k's but they are themed based like i did a night one where we all wear glow in the dark paint and light up stuff...it makes it fun and turns your focus to doing something fun...get a wii and play fitness games its fun...but if you make it a pain and think about it too much it will just be a chore and no one likes chores..

I've thought about Zumba but I've been kinda embarrassed to try it :) I used to have a Wii with a bunch of workouts and a few months ago I sold it because my kids wanted a new Xbox game and as usual I put them before myself. It's really starting to feel like a chore and I hate that feeling :( because I do enjoy it most of the time.

You may need to have a heart to heart with the hubs, me and mine did before surgery. I told him I needed his support not his policing me. He has done great. He encourages without pushing.

For the first couple of months I felt the same way. Now I have gotten more into a groove and actually think about food less than I ever have.

Also, I suspect that the feelings you are having are depressive. I have battled depression since I was 12 years old. I am on meds and boy do I feel better. I am able to cope and not get frustrated or angry or overwhelmed which would lead me to emotional eat. It sounds as if you are emotional eating.

Try something- the next time you head to your fridge as yourself am I hungry or do I want xyz to fill a void. Also, instead of eating something 1st try drinking a glass of cold water- that will often stop that desire to eat.

Attempt to journal. Change work out plans (different excercise). Find something to get excited about. The best thing to get out of a rut is to find something to look forward to.

Good luck

he means well he wants to help you get to your goal but we women don t like it..Mine does it too...but I know he means well and I love him for it and he gets to finish all my extra food when we go out i only eat a few bites and then hand him my plate likes the benefits...if you get bored go window shopping or anything that will take your mind off eating...I usually jump in my car and take a nice drive with the top down( I have an convertible) it make me happy find your happy thing and when you get to the stir crazy thing go do it.

LOL! Maybe I need to trade my Tahoe in for a convertible :) because having the sun shine on me with the wind blowing thru my hair really sounds nice right now :) Lately I feel like I don't have time for my happy things because I feel like I'm exercising. Although I do realize that I only exercise an hour or so and there are so many more hours I'm the day........ I guess I should stop whining and making excuses.

You may need to have a heart to heart with the hubs' date=' me and mine did before surgery. I told him I needed his support not his policing me. He has done great. He encourages without pushing.

For the first couple of months I felt the same way. Now I have gotten more into a groove and actually think about food less than I ever have.

Also, I suspect that the feelings you are having are depressive. I have battled depression since I was 12 years old. I am on meds and boy do I feel better. I am able to cope and not get frustrated or angry or overwhelmed which would lead me to emotional eat. It sounds as if you are emotional eating.

Try something- the next time you head to your fridge as yourself am I hungry or do I want xyz to fill a void. Also, instead of eating something 1st try drinking a glass of cold water- that will often stop that desire to eat.

Attempt to journal. Change work out plans (different excercise). Find something to get excited about. The best thing to get out of a rut is to find something to look forward to.

Good luck[/quote']

Oh I am a terrible emotional eater. Bored, stress, anger, depression, happy, sad you name it. I do see that lately it's been boredom. Today it feels like depression or a "poor me" thing. I have so many things/projects I want to start but I've always been the type of person that I have to start first thing in the day and I don't want to stop. I won't stop for exercise and If I exercise then I don't feel like I have time to start anything else before I have to pick the kids up. I don't know how to get past that mindset because it really drives me crazy to leave a project unfinished, that's a good thing for me when it comes to eating but not for getting my exercise in

put you first that it...we can find a million reasons not to do something...me personally I want to do crazy things but my weight stops me..so in order to live like I want I must do this...I hate being the fat chick on the back of our motorcycle...I want to snorkel in mexico...I want to skydive...not going to let this weight stop me...buck up sweetie and enjoy life!!!

do you like running/jogging? maybe try signing up for a race. it will give you a goal to look forward to and it's more about having fun completeing the race and less about "ugh i need to exercise today" if you know what I mean. that sometimes works for me! (and i dont even really like to run!)

I also can't stand that my day revolves around the gym, so I have started going really early (anywhere from 6-8AM) and I "get it out of the way". Once i know I hit the gym, I don't think about it again. Also, it helps me start my day right with a burst of energy.

I was never a morning person, but I have recently been going to sleep no later then 10pm. I wake up feeling refreshed for the gym. Its a new routine/lifestyle but i'm feeling good about it

Does your Xbox have the kinect? I use mine to workout and they have several different Zumba games.

Yeah... and your point is??? Cheer up we all feel that way at times. Definitely tell the hubs xnay on the policing.!

I'm no shrink but if your husband is policing your excercise are you sticking your head in the fridge to pay him back.. I mean 1 to 1 1/2 hours of excercise is ok not for me with my I don't want to sweat philosphy , We all have poor me days but like everything else in life it's a choice to stay in it. Make a list of things You want to do and do it, it beats thinking about food and crusing the fridge and pantry.