Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies who have lost more than 50....

First off, a very hardy Congratulations!!!!:clap2:

Secondly an important question.:ban:

Currently, due to the weight, if I have been sitting for awhile, when I stand up, I HAVE to pee. I mean, its that "gotta go, gotta go right now commerical" have to pee.

Did you used to have that problem before hand? Do you see it lessening as you have lost weight?

I do Keagle excercises all the time, but thats not helping got to go feeling, just the keeping it in.

Never had it either, and no change with my weightloss, but it sounds like a PITA!

Actually, my "gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now" problem actually got better after some of the weight went bye bye.

Make sure you're doing the kegal's right. If you're not, they could be doing more harm than good. Also, you could have a more serious problem like a tipped bladder, fallen bladder, even uterine problems.........gee I don't know. If it is persistent, more than maybe a urinary tract infection (which this could be also) I'd see a doctor.

Good Luck

I've lsot over 50 and never had the problem before or after....sorry...is it definately weight related?

Yea, my OB/Gyn poked and prodded around. No infection, no tippage. Its the same feeling I had when I was pregnant. I just have a lot of fat pressing on my bladder.

Now, granted, my Mom has a weak bladder and I used to until I started the Keagles. Thats made it better.

I think I should have did the title of the thread differently.

Something like, did you ever have "urgency issues and weight loss fixed it"

Well wouldja look at that? You are one pound less than my starting weight.

Yup, I had issues with pee leakage when I was so heavy. Not so much when I stood up, but when I coughed or sneezed or laughed hard. Yup, lots of little leaks. Nothing wrong with my "stuff" either, it's all how it's supposed to be. It was because I was carrying about 140 extra pounds.

I've lost 83 and yes, it's made a *significant* difference!!!

Oh yea, I get the pee sneezes. My brother and I used to laugh at my Mom when she sneezed and then said "Dam". I guess the Mother curse came at me both ways when I had my daughter. (aka, Little Miss Sassy Pants the Second) :ban:

It's not uncommon to have various bladder issues if you're obese -- it's caused by all the abdominal fat pressing down on your bladder.

I know someone who had stress incontinence (slight urine leakage when coughing, sneezing, laughing, etc.) when she was at 300 lbs. It was horrible for her. Now that she's banded and weighs 225, she says the problem has gone away completely. It was actually one of the reasons she got banded.

yup,i had this problem and it has almost completely gone since loosing 50lbs

Ive been looking for quetions like this, but haven't found any until today!

Sounds like me - I was even on meds from my dr and it didn't help me.

going to the bathroom 50-60 times a day is a MAJOR pain, I get no sleep from being up all night in the bathroom lol

Hope getting banded and losing weight helps me too.

Oh I'm so glad I found this thread. I wear pads every day because I have leakage. Not so much when I sneeze, laugh, etc. but a few seconds after I get up from going. It just dribbles out. I get so mad and upset over this. I was wondering, and hoping, that once banded and lose some weight that this will go away. Looks like there is a good chance that it will. I can't wait to join bandland!

Hooray there is hope!

I am soo tired of standing up and thinking, "oh no, where is the bathroom??!!!!"

i can tell you that just the 11 lbs weight loss has helped out with that issue. i can laugh hard now and it doesn't happen.

Being overweight puts extra pressure on the bladder, and weight loss can help the problem. I have the problem when I sneeze - I really have to clench. Also, my PC muscle gets weaker right before my period. I'm using Ben Wa Balls, which are metal balls you insert vaginally to exercise the PC muscle. At first the ball kept falling out (I figured it was broken) but now I'm able to hold it in place a little longer, so they really work.