Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies who have lost more than 50....

Lisa, just dont go dancing with them in.

Long time ago, in college. My boyfriend(at that time) and I were at a club we were sitting near the dance floor and we were watching this spaz dance. She was a nutball. Well, she kinda crouched down and we SAW to balls fall out and roll across the dance floor. I was naive at the time and said, "why on earth did she have those hand relaxer balls in her skirt pocket?"

He explained. I never looked at those hand relaxer balls the same. snort

Interesting thread! I was a bladder of steel until I recently hit 300 and now I worry sometimes that I won't make it to the bathroom; it's really annoying.

Two off topic questions:

1. why SO many period questions? good grief

2. why do people's accounts get suspended? I just saw that someone on this thread got axed so I was j/w.

Thanks!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I had this issue really bad at my heaviest. I was on medication for it.

A couple years ago I carried my eldest to bed - I'd just laid her down and boom - if I'd have been pregnant I swear my Water had broke. Pee just ran down between my legs and onto the floor. I ran to the bathroom freaking out. I didn't know what was wrong with me.

My doctor tried to narrow it down. Blamed a lot of it on my thyroid condition (hypo). That seems to be the "blame catcher". Anytime something is going on weird with my period, blatter, or body it is my thyroid. That's what they tell me anyway. It seems that my 275+ frame was putting excess pressure on my bladder and causing it to spasm. I was eventually weened off of the medication. As I've lost weight I've noticed the - run like hell and unbutton your pants as you go urge has become less frequent.

Interesting - I've been on Synthroid since 1993 and I've never had a doctor blame any malady on my hypothyroidism!

I have to fly tomorrow and am NOT looking forward to being wedged in that damn seat; being fat sux!

Edited by SickNTired

Guest Leslie2Lose

Interesting - I've been on Synthroid since 1993 and I've never had a doctor blame any malady on my hypothyroidism!

I have to fly tomorrow and am NOT looking forward to being wedged in that damn seat; being fat sux!

I don't think it is my thyroid either. I just don't think they could diagnose me or didn't want to. My bladder issue ended up being mostly weight and my fault for "holding" it too long. My 'other' issue ended up being endometreosis...It'd became a blame game with them and a bunch of BS. I've since changed doctors and my thyroid hasn't even been an issue.

About 2 years ago I complained to my doc about "trickling" when I sneezed, coughed, or laughed. It was enough to make me wet and unconfortable. He finally sent me to a speciallist who said my muscles that support the bladder are weak from being over weight, having large babies, etc. He put a "sling" in my uterus that supports the bladder. I have not had a problem since.

I'm glad I found this thread. I also had a little leakage with sneezing etc but I had a perfed bowel in July of 06 was very infected and since that time it has been horrible. I have complained since surgery, tried the meds, done exercises but it was always "if you lose weight" for an answer. Shortly after surgery things improved a lot but I also had infection and was on antibiotic and having my port removed, on I V antibiotics. Not one problem and then my antibiotics stopped and I and right back where I was even though I've lost almost 40#'s. This is not stress stuff it is like feel the urge better be there cause you won't make it, even just around the corner. I think I'm going to insist on seeing a urologist cause something just an't right and now they can't say lose weight. I just go to the bathroom on a schedule and even that doesn't always work. Unfortunately this isn't leakage just flat out incontinence now. I have told them all along I thought the perotinitis affected my bladder but it was always my weight, or take a pill that cost a fortune and didn't work. Thanks for your help ladies I was beginning to think I was a nut case.

I had that problem before I was treated for my sleep apnea. Since then, not so much. I just have to pee all the time because I drink so much Water.< /p>

I had sneeze, cough, laugh stress incontinence as well. I could catch it if I would really clench if I felt something coming on. I did exercises and such but it only helped minimally. My weight is down and now it is now completely gone.