Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am So Down

Hi all, feeling so down. I am a month and half post surgery and have not lost a single pound :(. Eating 3 meals a day after my first full and not snacking inbetween but still no loss :(. Feeling so low. Is this normal ?

Totally normal. The first 4-6 weeks after surgery are all about healing. Yes, some lose weight during that time, but some don't. Give it time and stick to your doctor's orders and the weight will come off.

what does your doctor say..a month out and you are following all the rules, I would have some questions as well and your doc may have questions for you. Keep a food journal for a week, write down everything Water, excerisize etc...and report it to them and see what they have to say, maybe more of a fill? good luck!

That's what I thought. Maybe another fill but surely it should start coming off slowly because of the change. Let's see my next appointment is on the 14th this month. Fingers crossed :(

I only lost a couple of pounds the first few months! The first six weeks are for healing. Once you get a couple of fills, you will have restriction and the scales will begin to move. Don't get discouraged, many of us are turtles of lap band. Slow and steady wins the race:)

You would think the weight would just fall off but sometimes it just doesn't. I have no idea why but eventually it will give. I agree with the journal. My Fitness Pal makes it really easy to track food, exercise, protien etc.

Hang in there Girl....

Oh, Honey- there is light at the end of the tunnel! I just had my second fill and have lost 10lbs in 8 days ! i felt the same way! Now I can see the light at the end of my tunne!!

I'm a slow loser too and it really pisses me off. But even though I haven't lost much I somehow went down a size in clothes??? This puzzles me to no end but I'll take it. This leads me to believe the scale isn't the only important thing about this lifestyle change. Plus people tell me

My face is skinnier.

Thank you so much lladies . I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this forum to share my woes and vent my frustration . Feel so much better now :)

I'm a slow loser too and it really pisses me off. But even though I haven't lost much I somehow went down a size in clothes??? This puzzles me to no end but I'll take it. This leads me to believe the scale isn't the only important thing about this lifestyle change. Plus people tell me

My face is skinnier.

So true!!!!!! People forget this isn't just about what the scale says. Its about how your feeling, how your clothes are fitting! You can lose inches without losing a single pound. I didn't even buy a scale the first two years I was banded because I knew id become addicted to it!