Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I finally cracked under the pressure. Hate to admit that I gave in, but having food addiction issues took it's toll on this girl finally. I'm almost at week 5 on the post op diet. Saturday I got a kid's meal at Chick-fil-A for lunch. The 4 piece nuggets. I know it was not a smart move physically, but I can rationalize the heck out of anything. Well it didn't stop there. For supper I got a take out order of chips and queso. I couldn't eat all of it of course and didn't feel too great afterwards. Sunday I was still fighting temptation like crazy, but put myself back in focus and have stayed put. I don't like hiding what I eat, which is why I'm putting it out there for the world to see. I felt 'denied' for over a month and just couldn't stop obsessing. I hate that I still revert back to my old thought process too! Ugh!

Please don't beat yourself up. We ALL have eaten something less than a stellar choice since being banded. And you probably will again, the important thing is you satisfied the craving & got back on track the next day and I am proud of you for that.

My support group recommends the "3 bite" theory when cravings it.

Bite 1 because it looks so good & you really really want it

Bite 2 because you need to confirm it really is good

Bite 3 because this is the last bite and we all know things come in 3's ;-)

You might try that the next craving you get.

PS: next time at chick fil A , try the grilled chicken sandwich and toss at least 1 part of the bun if not all of it. If you think it looks weird, you can eat the chicken by nibbling it while "pulling" it out of the bun. You are holding the whole sandwich but only eating the chicken - sneaky :) works for Mcdonald burgers too.

The good part is that you are back on track. The band is a tool and only you can control what you eat. We all fall off sometimes and it's okay. During your post op, it is important to follow the diet so that you can properly heal. As long as you are mindful of what you eat and maintain Portion Control, you will be fine. Good luck.

Well, I finally cracked under the pressure. Hate to admit that I gave in, but having food addiction issues took it's toll on this girl finally. I'm almost at week 5 on the post op diet. Saturday I got a kid's meal at Chick-fil-A for lunch. The 4 piece nuggets. I know it was not a smart move physically, but I can rationalize the heck out of anything. Well it didn't stop there. For supper I got a take out order of chips and queso. I couldn't eat all of it of course and didn't feel too great afterwards. Sunday I was still fighting temptation like crazy, but put myself back in focus and have stayed put. I don't like hiding what I eat, which is why I'm putting it out there for the world to see. I felt 'denied' for over a month and just couldn't stop obsessing. I hate that I still revert back to my old thought process too! Ugh!

Actually, the Chick Fil 'A 4 piece kid's meal is an acceptable bandster meal as long as you have the fresh fruit side and have the grilled chicken nuggets.

The chips and queso...well you already know...

I would encourage you to seek counseling from a qualified professional who treats patients with behavioral issues for behavior modification strategies. That will assist you to get beyond your distorted thinking as it relates to food.

Awareness of the need to change in this area is essential for your weight loss journey, and from your post you do have awareness of your need to change.

Much of what makes the difference between success and failure with the weight loss journey is related to our patterns of thinking and beliefs as they relate to food.

Best wishes for your success...

I completely agree with Sojourner.

Don't beat yourself; the great thing about a new day is we have a new opportunity to make good choices. And I love the "3 bite" rule. I find that if I'm having a craving I'll eat around it...instead of having a few salty, crunch chips, I'll find something healthier with the salt or crunch...then something else because I'm still not satisfied, and so on. It's okay to give in every now and then, but the big thing is moderation.

Admitting you have a food addiction is a big step, and overcoming it is an even bigger obstacle. I was never one to promote therapy, but seriously, I'm seeing a lady now who is helping me accept my changing self, and it's been an amazing support. There is no shame in needing help.

I use the three bite rule a lot! I stayed away from the wrong things for several months and found I didn't need some of them anymore, but there are some times I really want other things. My NUT really says you have to eat what you like and also feel satisfied. So when I go for Mexican, I have three chips with salsa, then I eat my chicken taco (minus the shell). I have finally gotten to a point where I can have one bite of something and move on. Don't beat yourself up. Recognize what you need to change and move on. You will get there! We all go through it.

Actually, the Chick Fil 'A 4 piece kid's meal is an acceptable bandster meal as long as you have the fresh fruit side and have the grilled chicken nuggets.

The chips and queso...well you already know...

I would encourage you to seek counseling from a qualified professional who treats patients with behavioral issues for behavior modification strategies. That will assist you to get beyond your distorted thinking as it relates to food.

Awareness of the need to change in this area is essential for your weight loss journey, and from your post you do have awareness of your need to change.

Much of what makes the difference between success and failure with the weight loss journey is related to our patterns of thinking and beliefs as they relate to food.

Best wishes for your success...

I'm actually in therapy for my food addiction. My therapist and I talked a lot before the band about how I was going to deal with the emotional part of being banded and I told him that I really didn't know what to expect, that I would find out soon enough and boy have I. I've been smacked in the face with it for sure.

I appreciate everyone's support. I knew I needed to post on here because I needed the feedback.

Keep the faith. If we can do it, you can too!

OMG! YOU ATE AT Chick-fil-A?!? WT!?!?!? ohhhh wait that whole thing is over nevermind....lol

OMG! YOU ATE AT Chick-fil-A?!? WT!?!?!? ohhhh wait that whole thing is over nevermind....lol

Hey we have the same doc!

OMG! yes, we do have the same Dr.........and I'm telling

lol j/k You are alot stronger then I was at 5 weeks post op, have you had a fill yet? girl, pat yourself on the back, I give you kuddos for knowing what not to do and feeling remorse, that means you will hesitate before you do it again lol and it also means that you will see results alot faster then .....some people lol

I don't ever tell myself that I CANNOT have something because I want it even more. The 3 bite rule is good but sometimes I need a whole piece (small) of pie to get it out of my system and then I am good for months on end. My sister was only 100 pounds and I remember as a child that she would only eat one meatball for dinner and walk away and when she worked and they had donuts, she would bring carrot and celery sticks for lunch to make up for having a donut. It is all about checks and balances. I used to beat myself up and feel so bad that I would binge for the rest of the day and feel awful. Not anymore, get the culprit out of your system and move on. This is a lifetime journey and one messed up day is not going to matter, trust me this is the key to keeping this weight off. You need to find out what your triggers are and normally try to stay away from them, but like myself, I sometimes cannot get the wishing for a cookie out of my system. I have kept this weight off for 4 years and yes I might go up and down 3 pounds but this works for me. You need to figure out what works for you and good luck on your journey.

Guess I've had an easier time so far. I haven't driven or been inside a fast food place since before June18 when I started my diet and thinking about lapband. I lost 34 pounds prior to my band date on Aug 6. Yes I crave certain things that I really wanted but at my age I've been doing this for many years. So for me, I just stay away and try and eat very healthy food types. If I think I ate too much in one day, I get back the next day on breakfast/lunch 1 Protein shake each meal, then a small dinner salad with vingar/oil and a broiled chicken breast. At night if I have to snack, SF popsicles or SF Jello.

But you went back on track and a new healthy you will be there in the near future.

Best wishes and Keep the Faith