Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could someone please explain?

Sliming gernerally occurs when you get food stuck. Your body starts to produce saliva.... oh lets be honest, it's not saliva, it's slime. Thick, rope like slime. Anyway your body starts to produce this slime to help coax the food thru your band. It will either help the food go thru or you will fill up with slime, and you will have to get rid of it. Usually by throwing up but I have slimed so bad in the past that all i have to do is lean over the toilet and it kind of just starts to come out. It is some crazy $*it!

Slime, as in Ghostbusters slime. You'll get to know it someday. It aint pretty!

tmf

Slime' date=' as in Ghostbusters slime. You'll get to know it someday. It aint pretty!

tmf[/quote']

Couldn't of said it any better!

Is that the same thing as PB ing?

Is that the same thing as PB ing?

The slim happens first then the food goes either down your band or back up. PBing is the back up.

I think I had my first episode with it today in fact. In short, I was eating a very small bite or 2 of pumpkin creme cheese cake (very small quantity mind you) as it melted in my mouth.

Didn't think it was an issue at all.....and then all of a sudden I felt a slight pressure in my chest area....and the next thing I knew a somewhat thick Fluid (not thin saliva fluid) but almost like a gel type of substance (in terms of texture goes)....very strange and odd actually as this is my first experience with it.

Wasn't sure if it was the mixture of the cake/cream cheese/frosting or if it was the slime....but I can tell after reading this post....it was my first slime experience.

The slim happens first then the food goes either down your band or back up. PBing is the back up.

By definition...is PB'ing throwing back up food IN THE POUCH....or throwing food back FROM THE STOMACH (back through the pouch) and out your mouth ? Can anybody please clarify? I swallowed some air (for those that know what I mean) and some of the mushy/melted cake came back up.

Thoughts/Opinions?

PBing the food is in the pouch. There is no throwing up motion. You burb and there's your food. This happens when you take too big a bit, don't chew it enough and/or eat to fast. It sounds like you slimmed and pb'd the bit up.

Now, back to doctors orders. You are still healing. Just cause the food goes down doesn't mean you are not hurting things.... Ok lecture over. Take care. :)

PBing the food is in the pouch. There is no throwing up motion. You burb and there's your food. This happens when you take too big a bit, don't chew it enough and/or eat to fast. It sounds like you slimmed and pb'd the bit up.

Now, back to doctors orders. You are still healing. Just cause the food goes down doesn't mean you are not hurting things.... Ok lecture over. Take care. :)

thanks for the clarification mom....

def helps (me)

Dumb question....but this is definitely something to file away for the future.....can one PB from the stomach area (through the pouch) and back up?

Just curious if that is even possible......just want to learn for knowledge sake....not that I would ever want that to happen....just want to understand.

Thanks Sis !

Dumb question....but this is definitely something to file away for the future.....can one every PB from the stomach area (through the pouch) and back up?

Just curious if that is even possible......just want to learn for knowledge sake....not that I would ever want that to happen....just want to understand.

Thanks Sis !

That would not be pbing. That would be plain old vomitting. Don't want to do that, causes bands to slip. constant pbing can cause slippage too so don't want to do either.

I agree with aj but it could be possible for someone to have so much control over their stomach that they could force food from the stomach into the pouch and then back up. But be aware, the pouch is not really a pouch. It's more of a tunnel than a pouch, so there's little room for food to stick around.

I've heard of people who were bulemic who could control the contents in their stomach at will. That's why I said it's possible. Of course, once food enters the stomach and acids are produced, it's a very bad idea to induce a small vomit into your pouch to eventually PB up. Acid is not good for anthing above your stomach.

Having said that. I once got stuck for 1 1/2 hours on a very thick apple skin. It was like AJ said. Lots of pressure and difficulty in breathing. I finally stood on my head, and some of the Fluid in my stomach came back through the band and must have repositioned the skin so that when I righted myself, it passed through quickly after my acrobatic manuever.

tmf