Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - April 2006

Many of you are setting great goals and it's a wonderful time of year to get up, get out, and get moving. Come on everyone, join in the action and let's kick it up a notch! ;)

I was so busy all weekend that I didn't get our May challenge set up. I'll do that today!

I am definitely kicking it up a notch now guys! I am going to get back to exercising and really watching what I put in my big mouth. I need to get to 249 already!!! (Oh, that is when I am going to allow myself highlights!)

I am definitely kicking it up a notch now guys! I am going to get back to exercising and really watching what I put in my big mouth. I need to get to 249 already!!! (Oh, that is when I am going to allow myself highlights!)

Having little rewards set up for when I reach a goal have always been a big help for me too!!

The Gone for Good Club's Spring Challenge

How it works:

On April 26th, after the final weigh in for April, I will start a May GFG Club thread. Those of you who wish to participate in the challenge should post on that thread and title your post - GFG Spring Challenge. All of your updates will be kept by you on this post only! This way we don't end up with a 100+ page thread. Simply go back to your Challenge post and Edit it to update. Everyone will be on their honor to keep a record of their daily points.

Any GFG Club Member can join at any time during the challenge. The dates of the challenge are April 26 thru May 31. The member with the most points will win.

How to earn points:

1. For each day that you drink a minimum of 64oz of Water, you earn 1 point.

2. For each day that you exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes (doesn't have to be all at one time), you will earn 2 points.

3. For each day that you do not eat foods that contain flour or sugar, you will earn 3 points. (sugar substitues allowed)

4. For each pound you lose during the challenge, you will earn 1 point.

April 26th thru May 31st is 36 days, so there is a possibility of earning 216 points. However, for those of you who achieve a perfect record in any of the first three categories by earning points every day, you will receive a 5 point bonus for each perfect category at the end of the challenge, making it possible to earn 231 points if all categories earn a bonus. Of course the weight loss will vary so we won't know until the final day (May 31st) who has won!

The reward:

The winner of the challenge will be awarded the Gone for Good Club's Medal of Honor which can be added to their signature line. (This is a slightly bigger version.) However, all who participate will receive the reward of better health and a lower number on that scale, so I want to see all of you participating! Good luck to everyone and may you all lose!

post-204351-13813133414583_thumb.jpg

post-205630-13813133187929_thumb.png

Im In for the May 06 gone for good challenge!

i hope i ll lose another 10 lbr ;):)

and i started walking fast on treadmill today cause DianeChef

is the alive example what gym can do!! she is my inspiration!!

its great season for weight loss and a ..renaissance of the body!!!

lets all make it lighter just 5 lbr or 10 lbr!!!

Cripes, I'm sunk! I drink sugar in my coffee every day! OH NO!!!! I can give up "Beige Foods" (ie:battered and fried) no problem. I can give up flour (this includes sourdough bread on my samich I like at Bob Evans?) Can I eat whole wheat bread? Oh please help me with #3. Spell it out. Give me some "for examples", okay? I need to know just HOW sunk I am on that one!

Either way, I'm in. Great work P'nut! Thanks!

PinkMary, DianeChef is way cool, so she'd make a great sister. I want YOU to be MINE because I think you are cool and funky and neat and fun and pretty. I like it when you hang out on LBT!

I'm In Too. The Flour And Sugar Thing Is A Toughy. If I Make It 5 Days Out Of The Month Without It I Will Proud.

Gosh, I'm gone one day & everyone is talking about me!!! Gee, I feel SPECIAL!! ;) PinkMary & I have so much in common that we really SHOULD be sisters. Except that I am lost in America somewhere & uh......Mary, I don't even know where you live?!?!

Thanks for being inspired by me. Whoot!! Who knew that I would EVER inspire someone to exercise. Oh, my sisters will all get a kick of this. (I have very active, sporty sisters & I've always been the sedentary one!)

Speaking of my sisters - we had a family get-together yesterday & it had been 4 months since I had seen many of them. Can I just say - I MUST BE HOT!!! I walked in the room & the look on their faces was as if I'd just returned from Extreme Makeover!! :) This time I didn't crack any jokes & was just ME!!! I really think I could get use to this.

Congrats DianeChef! It is a great accomplishment to get those responses from your family. At least for me, my family is the last to notice, except for my fiance.

COUNT me in on the May Challenge! I gotta get off the sugar and flour myself. Did pretty good today, except ate 1/2 cupcake for a friend's birthday.

;) Kristin

The Gone for Good Club's Spring Challenge

How it works:

On April 26th, after the final weigh in for April, I will start a May GFG Club thread. Those of you who wish to participate in the challenge should post on that thread and title your post - GFG Spring Challenge. All of your updates will be kept by you on this post only! This way we don't end up with a 100+ page thread. Simply go back to your Challenge post and Edit it to update. Everyone will be on their honor to keep a record of their daily points.

Any GFG Club Member can join at any time during the challenge. The dates of the challenge are April 26 thru May 31. The member with the most points will win.

How to earn points:

1. For each day that you drink a minimum of 64oz of Water, you earn 1 point.

2. For each day that you exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes (doesn't have to be all at one time), you will earn 2 points.

3. For each day that you do not eat foods that contain flour or sugar, you will earn 3 points. (sugar substitues allowed)

4. For each pound you lose during the challenge, you will earn 1 point.

April 26th thru May 31 is 36 days, so there is a possibility of earning 216 points. However, for those of you who achieve a perfect record in any of the first three categories by earning points every day, you will receive a 5 point bonus for each perfect category at the end of the challenge, making it possible to earn 231 points if all categories earn a bonus. Of course the weight loss will vary so we won't know until the final day (May 31st) who has won!

The reward:

The winner of the challenge will be awarded the Gone for Good Club's Medal of Honor which can be added to their signature line. (This is a slightly bigger version.) However, all who participate will receive the reward of better health and a lower number on that scale, so I want to see all of you participating! Good luck to everyone and may you all lose!

[ATTACH]4319[/ATTACH]

I'm in for the challenge. I'm going to set my May goal for another 10 pounds and hope that I actually get there!! I didn't hit my goal in March and I doubt I'll be hitting in April. I think if I stick to the 30 minutes of exercise per day, I might actually have a chance!! LOL

Good luck everyone! ;)

P.S. P'Nut - I made a tiny change to your post - in red. :)

:rockon: Count me in on the May challenge! I don't think I have even posted my weight for the last 2 weeks...it's been bad. I'm still waiting for the insurance to go through and hoping that I can be banded by the end of May. The longer the insurance takes the more I worry about getting it done by then. I have to work summer school the 2nd week in June and was wanting to be healed up by then. I'm having trouble loosing the 15 or so lbs. the Dr. wants me to loose by surgery. I think I will try a liquid diet for a few days and see if that gets me started. Next week I am going on vacation to Orlando. The good thing is I will be getting my exercise - for sure. The bad thing is the food. Course I eat out all the time at home so it couldn't be much worse!! :rolleyes Do ya think??:dance:Maybe I'll start dancing... that would be a fun way to exercise!

Hi All,

Well, I had my presurgery appointment this morning and my surgery is definately a go for next Monday, May 1.

Thank you to all of you for the great posts. I am so excited and encourage by all of you journeys.

I am hoping to be -20 lbs by next Monday. I have 3 more to go, but three lunch dates with friends who want to feed me before surgery.:omg: I am planning to stick to salads!!!

Talk to you all soon.

Linda

I'm getting so excited by seeing so many of you gearing up for the challenge!

Sorry Kathy, no sugar and no flour means just that. If it contains sugar or flour, and you eat it, you dont get your 3 points for the day. I know this is a biggie to a lot of you so it carries the greatest reward for achieving it. Remember, if you can go everyother day without it, you will still earn 3 points every other day. So don't think that will count you out. If you believe you need whole wheat grains, eat brown rice. And there's nothing that any of you could say that would convince me that you need sugar. I could give in and say, ok, but just in coffee.. but I honestly believe that cutting back on sugar will help us in so many ways, so I'm sticking to the original rule on #3. (Examples of flour foods - white or wheat breads, pastas, Cookies, cakes, pie crust, bagles.. you get the idea. Example of sugars - sweet drinks, Cookies, candy, granual sugar, ice cream, jellies, syrups.. again, you get the idea. Canned fruit is ok if you chose Light Syrup or low sugar. I know that sugar substitues aren't the best, but for this challenge they will be allowed. Perhaps later on we will have a more serious challenge where even those will cost you points. *evil grin*

Thanks for finding my goof, Tricia. I've fixed it now. ;)

Hang in there Mystjin and try to make the best choices you can for now. Remember, your journey can start now whether or not you have that band inside you. Getting your head prepared for the changes in food choices will help you get a jump on things. You're in my prayers!

Lmvilla - Grilled chicken and steamed veggies baby! Salads have a lot of hidden calories in the dressings, cheese, etc. I'm so excited for you! Time has flown hasn't it??

Thanks for finding my goof, Tricia. I've fixed it now. ;)
Hee hee...you know how I am about my own spelling/grammatical errors so I just had to bust your chops on that one. :)

i like that so many people help each other!

i like this team spirit that you spread PhotoNut!

i sure count you as one more sister "the best me",

trust me..to quit of sugar from coffee is something you can use easily!

and then you will not tolerate sugar again in your coffee!

who speaks? the one who couldnt quit coke light but she did after 6 months of the surgery!