Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - April 2006

Thanks, Txblue & Gurly. ;)

Txblue, my weekend went well but was, for the most part, uneventful. My husband and I went bowling on Saturday night and then hung out at home for the remainder of the weekend.

Gurly, I'll be doing the happy dance with you soon!!

I am so proud of everyone that has lost. I just wish I was one of you guys. I am gaining faster than two rabbits can well you get the picture.

I am now at 257 lbs. :faint: :think :help:

OK I'm a day early, but I needed to post..lol

Its been a good week for me

S 216/ J 195/ C 190

april 11 c 187 -3

Hello Everyone!

I'm Back. Glad To Feel Like My Feet Are Back On The Ground, Or At Least Under My Head. I Haven't Posted For A Few Weeks. Travis Is Home And Doing Great. He Has Lost Over 30lb. He Is Having To Explore The New World Of Eating Healthy. I Love It! I Used To Cook Like This All The Time. It Was All I Knew. Then The Fat Fairy Moved Into My Kitchen And Wiped Out Every Decent Recipe I Had. Amazing! Isn't It? Anyone Had That Happen To You. Looking Back On The Past Couple Of Years, I Pretty Much Quit Cooking All Together And We Lived On Fast food And Restaurants. My Kids Were Asking Me Yesterday When We Could Go To Mcdonalds. I Told Them Mcdonalds Doesn't Like Us And They Responded About How They Really Feel It Does. I Keep Reminding Them Of How Unhealthy It Is And That They Don't Want A Scare Like Travis' Because They Don't Treat Their Body Well. I Have Been Using The Food Network Website And Love It (so Handy). There Are So Many recipes And You Can Adapt Them To Be Healthy (cut The cheese Out Or At Least By Half, Lt. Butter, Fat Free Milk Or Cream). As I Ramble On, I Would Like To Give You All My Favorite Recipe Right Now. It Is A Rice And Veggie One.

Chop The Following

1 Cup Carrot

1 Zuccini

1/2 Onion

1/2 Red Pepper

1 Clove Of Garlic

Saute In A Tbl Olive Oil For 5min. Make Sure Pan Is Heated(medium) When You Put The Veggies In. Add To Skillet

1 2/3 Cup chicken Or Beef Stock

3/4 Cup Of Rice- Gourmet Mixture Is Best

Add Salt And Pepper To Taste.

Cover And Reduce To Simmer. Do Not Stir. Takes About 25-30 Min Before The liquid Is Gone.

Wonderful Stuff. Even Better The Day After.

Take Care

I AM DOWN TO 220LB

WELCOME BACK RHONDAKO!

recipe sounds delicious!! cant wait to try it...im not much of a cook but I at least try!!!

have a lovely evening...

Hi everyonee.......ohhhh nooo weigh in day again!!!

I had another fill today....Gosh...I hope I get the restriction I need. I have gained 2 of the 7.5 I lost last week. Maybe it will turn around tomorrow when I weigh in.......thats a lot to hope for huh!

Okay Guys,I got my banding date today. April 25. I will be joining you on the weight loss list. Thanks for all the good tips.

sallyjo--congrats on your banding date...how exciting!!

i got my breast reduction on monday....i got out of the hospital yesterday, and am in quite a lot of pain today. doc said in a week or so i should be back to normal...i sure hope so!!!

i have not been on the scale yet, but plan on starting next week. i need another fill, but did not want to get it so close to my surgery. i plan on seeing my fill doctor next week.

i will take let you know how it goes.

C 196 (-33 total, -2.5 this week)

I have noticed a definite trend for myself....scale doesnt move the week of my period, but then I lose a little more than normal the following week. As long as the downward trend continues I am happy! Congratulations in advance to all losers and maintainers!!!! Anyone on a stall, it is sure to break soon!!!

Have a great Easter Weekend!

(mine starts today, my school has early release!)

Gurly - H 365/ S 329/ J 279/ G 199/ C 262 (-103 lbs total, -2 this week)

Good Morning All!!! Easter is almost here... YAY!!!!

I have to share something with you guys that happened last night that isn't at all related to the band...

My daughter is 11 months old now and she is testing out the walking waters.... She will let go of my hands and stand for a few seconds on her own. This weekend she took 3 steps... well last night she figured out that she had this toy that she could walk behind and she was boogie-ing all over the place.... With this particular toy, you have to have really good balance and I just was bawling when she started doing that. She isn't a little baby anymore!!!! It was the MOST AWESOME thing that I have ever seen in my life.... I will post pictures when I download them.

Happy Weight Loss to you guys!!!

Good morning to all,

I had a fill on last Thursday and it's been a rough 6 days. You would think I would have lost a tone of weight but it hasn't been that easy. Anyway here's my report:

C=217 (-1 this week)

I'll take it!

i got my breast reduction on monday....i got out of the hospital yesterday, and am in quite a lot of pain today. doc said in a week or so i should be back to normal...i sure hope so!!!

Maggie! That was fast! OMGosh, how are you feeling?! (other than in pain...right?!) Did it all go well? You KNOW I want to see pics. Put a shirt on, cut off your head, whatever, we want to see your boobies!!! :D Yay Maggie!

The best me - H 242/ S 223/ J 188/ C 183.8 (-58.2 lbs total, -2.2 this week)

well, I was 182.8 on Saturday, but I'm still down for the week!

This is my plateau number, I keep coming back to it. But it used to be 187.4. Before that is was 192.2. Or 198.8. Oh, and 208 was a loooong plateau number. If I have to be on a plateau, I'll take 183.8 for sure! Oooooooo, I can't wait to see 179. I just can't wait!

Okay people, this next 15 pounds of mine will be crucial. I don't look shockingly smaller than 60 pounds ago. I will with this next small bit of weight loss. Yesterday I put on my size 16 Honeymoon jeans. (BTW, today is my 9 year wedding anniversary! Yay Me and hubby!) so I just HAD to see. Well, with some prodding, they went up up up over my butt! Thing is, getting them over my butt wasn't a big deal. They were even loose in the legs, of all places! It's the button and zipper that were popping at the seams. I couldn't get them buttoned. All my loose flabby yucky belly skin was totally busting out of the front of the jeans. No wonder I'm stuck in a Size 18!!!! My belly fat is humongous! geez. Just when I think "maybe I can get away without a TT" reality sinks in. My belly is really in the way. 15 more pounds and I can do something about it.

I need a dare. I'll post my bare belly pics if I DON'T hit goal by a certain date....like 175 by...whenever. Anyone else? I'm talking front and side shots of bare nekkid belly (undies ON, just tucked away under the flab) if you don't make it to whatever the goal is whenever. Someone scheme up the rules of this dare, who wants in?! LOL

First posting to GFGC

April 12: C/243 (-0 from last week)

It's that (tom), so I'm hoping next week to make a good showing.