Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any One Else Have A 'relaxed' Surgeon....

Hi guys... I have to tell you that I am so surprised reading a lot of these posts about surgeons and foods/ post and pre diets. My surgeon required no pre diet, except liquids day before. The first few days after surgery were liquids, then mushies. I did well with mushies so he said to go ahead and try and eat solids- so far so good by the way:) His only rule/recommendation was max 1 c food three times a day, with two fruits as Snacks if needed. Surgeon also says that we have to live, so if you want a treat go for it?! He doesn't fill for three months. As much as I love him and the guidelines I'm a bit worried when I hear other stories. Hoping its not too good to be true!

My doctor was the same with pre and post. I did get a fill yesterday and am only just over 3 weeks post op. He put in 3cc's. I'm not worried because a friend of mine had the sleeve done and that is much more invasive. She was on the same diet pre and post. The only difference was that she had to stay the night in the hospital.

I wouldn't worry. But I would try to talk to him about getting a fill sooner. That is WAY too long!

My doctor was not as strict, I did 2 weeks preop of a no carb diet and liquids 2 days before. Post op by week 2 I was eating soft food. I had my first fill at 6 weeks which was 5 cc's and I did not get another for 6 months and I had my last fill 8 months after the second fill. Before a fill I need to be NPO for 4 hours and after a fill I am on liguids for 48 hours, than a day of soft than back to normal, if I was lucky. I lost slowly, 122 lbs in two years. Anniversary coming up on the 27th of this month. My weight loss averages out to about 1 pound a week over a two year period.

No preop, Post op= 4 days liquids, 4 days mushies, 3 weeks soft foods and then eat anything. first fill, 5 weeks out. I too see how strict some doctors are? But, you have to look at each patient globally. As we all know, we're all different and we got to this point in different ways. Each of us deserve a regimen designed just for us. Strict rules may seem cruel or unjustified but think about children. Some children need little guidance and seem to be self guided. Others, well, they need that strict parenting and so goes the bariatric patient.

Just reading here you will see many of us seem to take to the band with pure joy and understanding. For many others, it's pure ignorance with no self awareness or self guidance. I would hope that a surgeon or doctor would pick up on that and customize each program individually.

tmf

My doctor was not as strict, I did 2 weeks preop of a no carb diet and liquids 2 days before. Post op by week 2 I was eating soft food. I had my first fill at 6 weeks which was 5 cc's and I did not get another for 6 months and I had my last fill 8 months after the second fill. Before a fill I need to be NPO for 4 hours and after a fill I am on liguids for 48 hours, than a day of soft than back to normal, if I was lucky. I lost slowly, 122 lbs in two years. Anniversary coming up on the 27th of this month. My weight loss averages out to about 1 pound a week over a two year period.

That is amazing....I'm so happy for your success.

Warmest regards,

MD

My surgeon was not that strict either! The first week I was on liquids but not Clear Liquids. I just went for my first post op last Thursday and he moved me to mushies. Next week on Thursday I can move on to regular food. I was banded on October 10th and I don't get my first fill until November 29th. I too noticed how different many people say their surgeons are. I'm losing weight and feeling better so I say as long as your surgeon listens to your concerns and you are healthy it's all good :)

Good luck to you!!!

Hi guys... I have to tell you that I am so surprised reading a lot of these posts about surgeons and foods/ post and pre diets. My surgeon required no pre diet, except liquids day before. The first few days after surgery were liquids, then mushies. I did well with mushies so he said to go ahead and try and eat solids- so far so good by the way:) His only rule/recommendation was max 1 c food three times a day, with two fruits as Snacks if needed. Surgeon also says that we have to live, so if you want a treat go for it?! He doesn't fill for three months. As much as I love him and the guidelines I'm a bit worried when I hear other stories. Hoping its not too good to be true!

because we are different people, we all have different stories, doctors and take on things

i recommend following your dr's orders. now i eat a cup of food because that works for me

i eat when i am hungry and i do have Snacks. the thing i focus on is Protein first and fresh

nothing from box or processed.

we are not on a diet so keep that in mind. living to live and not living to eat.

eat good and eat well and eat healthy. you can do it.

sounds like you are doing well so far :)

because we are different people' date=' we all have different stories, doctors and take on things

i recommend following your dr's orders. now i eat a cup of food because that works for me

i eat when i am hungry and i do have Snacks. the thing i focus on is Protein first and fresh

nothing from box or processed.

we are not on a diet so keep that in mid. living to live and not living to eat.

eat good and eat well and eat healthy. you can do it.

sounds like you are doing well so far :)[/quote']

I love you, CarolinaGirl. You ALWAYS have fabulous advice. Thank you for being here and helping all of us. I've learned so much from you!

Love my surgeon, he really cares about his patients, doesn't make you feel bad in any way, answers every question thoroughly and doesn't shove you out if his room quickly to get to the next patient. Mine had me do a month on Optifast pre- op, post op was first week liquids, second week mushies, third week solids. Got my first fill at the end of week three and then every two weeks till I hit the green zone. Even though I had fills every two weeks they weren't huge, just small amounts.

I love you' date=' CarolinaGirl. You ALWAYS have fabulous advice. Thank you for being here and helping all of us. I've learned so much from you![/quote']

Oh geeeeez, her heads big enough and now you've made her almost unbearable to live with.lol

She likes her pretty finger nails & toes too, smart & beautiful.

She is loved by all in her pretty princess realm! Watch out for her dragon!

Oh geeeeez, her heads big enough and now you've made her almost unbearable to live with.lol

She likes her pretty finger nails & toes too, smart & beautiful.

She is loved by all in her pretty princess realm! Watch out for her dragon!

no other words needed her. i accept all love from my subjects :)

I love you, CarolinaGirl. You ALWAYS have fabulous advice. Thank you for being here and helping all of us. I've learned so much from you!

ah desert.....such a nice person you are.

i def needed that today. the PMS monster is near by and stalking me :)

ah desert.....such a nice person you are.

i def needed that today. the PMS monster is near by and stalking me :)

Oooo, a princess with pms, not a very pretty pink princess!

Near by Madd is stalking you to too!Bahahaha

Oooo, a princess with pms, not a very pretty pink princess!

Near by Madd is stalking you to too!Bahahaha

maybe pmsing but still damn gorgeous

and my nails......even gorgeous-er :wub: