Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Shot...last Chance!

I'm new to this. Yay me! I just got my letter of medical necessity and I'm scheduled for a psych evaluation. I chose lapband over sleeve. Hope I made the right choice.I'm a fatty Mcbutter pants. As a matter of fact when I first discovered this app I was reading ALL the stories while eating a doughnut lol. Eeek! Help! My weight has been up down up down up down. Now its just usually up. I'm 35 and I need help with this. This is my ONLY chance to permanently keep the weight off and live a healthier lifestyle. I have 3 teenagers and a one year old. (he's a surprise I never knew I wanted). When I take him to the park my daughters have to go down the slide with him because I don't fit. My goal: to go down the slide with my son. I want to stand up without sticking my butt way up in the air first. I want to play with my son and not yawn. I want my family to stop lying to me by telling me I'm not fat. I mean seriously. I have a shelf on my butt you can set your cup of coffee on. I want them to tell me how thin I am and mean it. I want lapband to work for me! My fear is that it won't. That's the only thing I'm scared of. What if it doesn't work and I stay fat?

I'm new to this. Yay me! I just got my letter of medical necessity and I'm scheduled for a psych evaluation. I chose lapband over sleeve. Hope I made the right choice.I'm a fatty Mcbutter pants. As a matter of fact when I first discovered this app I was reading ALL the stories while eating a doughnut lol. Eeek! Help! My weight has been up down up down up down. Now its just usually up. I'm 35 and I need help with this. This is my ONLY chance to permanently keep the weight off and live a healthier lifestyle. I have 3 teenagers and a one year old. (he's a surprise I never knew I wanted). When I take him to the park my daughters have to go down the slide with him because I don't fit. My goal: to go down the slide with my son. I want to stand up without sticking my butt way up in the air first. I want to play with my son and not yawn. I want my family to stop lying to me by telling me I'm not fat. I mean seriously. I have a shelf on my butt you can set your cup of coffee on. I want them to tell me how thin I am and mean it. I want lapband to work for me! My fear is that it won't. That's the only thing I'm scared of. What if it doesn't work and I stay fat?

You are hysterical! Except for the fact that our kids are different ages, I totally could have written your post. I wish you lots of luck and I hope to see more of your posts on here.

You're going to do great! That is a familiar fear, one I've been struggling with myself (I'm 35 too great age to be!) but you know what? The point of the band is so that we don't have to keep being failures. It's a tool. Believe in yourself and in your band and you'll get there... I'm pretty much a newbie myself (been banded a few months is all) and I keep telling myself those same things. It's been up and down a bit but overall I know this was a great decision and I'm really glad I did it. I hope you'll feel the same way. I have several in-real-life friends who have had success and it gives me hope that I will too. Best of luck to you!!

Great post...I too am banded a few months (July) this last fill being my 3rd has shown me the "green zone" restriction is good feeling full longer actually forgetting to eat with headaches being my hungar trigger.

You can do anything you put your mind to! Lots of struggles with eating until now not a lot of weight loss after initial surgery. Had to exercize and journal to continue my small losses, now with this fill so easy! I got this, and you can too. Until we get to the green zone it is just another weight loss diet. I had to go through this journey to discover that. Do not give up and you will be successful!

We're here for you! Keep us updated. I sat on the side lines for a long time... (On this forum). I was required to do a 6 month nutrition plan...working with a nutritionist. I was banded just over 3 weeks ago. Thought this day would never come, but I'm so glad I took the first step. Please know that it's TOTALLY worth it!

Wow, banded at 35, such a great age!!!!! I got banded at 35, i went in having ur same fears, i think we all do. When ur fat for so long, and have failed though u have tried, u cant help but fear that this would be another let down. But let me tell you, the band is an awesome tool. I was tired of being invisible, of being the fat friend that made others look hot. We r all here for you and once u start seeing and feeling the results, i cant even begin to tell u how amazing it feels to no longer be invisible. To run, and play and keep up and even out run ur children. Get ready for ur life to change sweetheart! Good luck!

Wow' date=' banded at 35, such a great age!!!!! I got banded at 35, i went in having ur same fears, i think we all do. When ur fat for so long, and have failed though u have tried, u cant help but fear that this would be another let down. But let me tell you, the band is an awesome tool. I was tired of being invisible, of being the fat friend that made others look hot. We r all here for you and once u start seeing and feeling the results, i cant even begin to tell u how amazing it feels to no longer be invisible. To run, and play and keep up and even out run ur children. Get ready for ur life to change sweetheart! Good luck![/quote']

Best line ever......."I was tired of being the fat friend that made others look hot." I have felt that way forever but I just never said it. LOVE IT!!

Great first post, you sound like such a sweet young lady. 35, ahhh...those days are over for me! I gotta say I, too saw a lot of myself in your post. "I have a shelf on my butt you can set your cup of coffee on." FUNNY! I have the same butt.

I think it is good you have decided you've had enough and are going to try WLS. You know what you are living with now, you know that you have others, your children, that you want to be there for, and you set a plan in motion. That sounds to me like you are in a good place now. Only, be nicer to yourself and keep that humor!

The Lapband journey has its up's and downs, it not easy. But you can DO IT! Just be real, be honest and try your hardest. There are so many wonderful people on this forum who you can turn to if needed. Read as much as you can to familiarize yourself with the band and all that comes with it.

I hope everything goes well for you in your pre-op preperations, keep your head up, keep that pretty smile I know you have and keep coming to this forum. I look forward to seeing you around. :)

** What if it doesn't work and I stay fat?**

what about asking yourself what if it does work?

what if it works and you get healthy?

the only way it wont work is if you dont change your eating habits.

you can do it :)

You've made a great choice! and it's just the beginning to a new you! I keep telling myself that as well to keep my head. lol. I think we all see a bit of ourselves in this great post! I am on my 6th day pre op and I go up and down with feelings.. Right before I had to start my pre-op I was binging on all the things I say I can't have again.. and I know that was terrible and I should have been serious about making this commitment.. I am serious but I give myself reasons it is ok.. which is what I have done all my life. That has to stop.. I have the same fear as you, what if it doesn't work. Just keep positive and stick to what your dr tells you. It is hard as hell! but it gets easier.. I can't believe I haven't cheated.. I ALWAYS cheat! lol.. but here we are.. the ones here who have all this great advise who have lived what we will be going through have such great advise and such inspirational stories you can't help but feel there is Hope and that to will be you one day! and it most certainly will. I am 35 also!! You got this girl!! :)

Thank you everyone for your AWESOME responses! I love this app! I am absolutely ecstatic about this whole weight loss thing. I think what has me sold on lapband is the permanence of the weight loss. I took your advice and now I'm thinking " what if lapband does work for me"? What if I can wear my daughters clothes? Changing my eating habits is gonna be hard. I'm an excellent cook and I love the taste of food. My husband has committed to changing his eating habits as well though. However right now we're watching King of Queens, eating junk food and discussing our weight loss goals. Lol isn't that sick. One day at a time people! Ill start my diet tomorrow. Actually I probably won't. But if I say it after I get real full then in my mind I'm justified lol. This is why I'm so fat and this is why I need help. C'mon lapband!

I understand your frustration about being overweight. I was there over two years ago, wow, does not seem that longago. I did not chose the lap-band, I chose the gastric by-pass. In the area I live in the sleeve was not even on the table. If it had been, that is what I would have choosen. Per Ted Smith, I needed the by-pass not the lap-band. Now, until I decide to have the by-pass revised I have to take extra Vitamins, minerals just so I don't die of malnutrition. Yes, it is a permanate life-style change, but if you are not also working with someone professional and have a local support group of others whom have had the same surgery the weight will come back. My weight at the time of surgery was 310, I have been at 210 for a year and half. I have two problems with why the last 60 pound has not come off; One being I am not sure who I would be at 150, and two I can't leave the Dr Pepper alone. By the way this December it will have been three years since the surgery was done.

Atxy, they wanted me to get the sleeve/bypass as well, but I just couldn't get something that was to me to drastic. My dr told me the choice was more but I would lose more with the other options. I have found so many people on here who are as heavy or heavier than I and have lost all their weight or most. Well over 100lbs. It depends on how committed a person is. I have always been a back slider, and I am sure I will with this but to me, and this.. failure is NOT an option. I wish you luck with yours and I am sure you will continue to do well and do what you have to do to stay healthy!! :)

much loves.

Ive never laughed so hard in my life. I feel for you and understand what you are saying, but the butt shelf made me laugh because I have one too!!!!!

Good luck on your psych exam.