Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Was A Success!!!!

I had surgery October 18, I'm in no pain tolerating liquids well!!! I'm in a little discomfort where my port is. My blood pressure is the lowest it's been in years!!! I had no nausea, I'm up walking around!!! I'm soooo glad I had this surgery. My doctor did discover I did have a hiatal hernia, which he removed!!! I can't wait to see my progress in a few months and start to exercise! !!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

You're doing great! You're at the start of a whole new life and a whole new you! Rock that band!

Thanks guys!!!! I have my follow up appointment next week!!! I'm already walking and taking it easy!!!

Wow! Good for you!!! I also got banded yesterday and feel like I was hit by a bus from the waist up ! Grrrrr.... Head, shoulder, back ache and port area :( also pain in my chest where breathing tube was...and I'm usually a tough cookie! I'm feeling better as time passes and no problems with liquids or gas:)

That's great news! Marshawn, when they repair hiatal hernias laparoscopically it is a very delicate stitch so be very careful with lifting etc for 4-6 weeks or they'll have to go back in. ( usually by a bigger incision) I had that repaired too. If you feel pain in your back that lingers that is due to the healing of the hernia repair and not just gas. Take it easy! I'm 2 weeks post op today and doing great. In the mushy phase and I get to feel hunger for the first time, dare I day, in my whole life...HA!

Marshawn12,

So happy for you. I am in a holding pattern, insurance is messing with the hospital. I was scheduled for 10/30, but now ladt November seems more likely.

Writerluvlife, I hope the aches and pains end soon for you.

My nurse called to check up on me and told me to take s warm-hot wash cloth wring it out and fold it up into a square and insert it in a zip lock bag, that should ease some of my discomfort where my port is... So far it has worked!! Tomorrow I start the next phase of liquids... Where can I go find recipes that are healthy??

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

My nurse called to check up on me and told me to take s warm-hot wash cloth wring it out and fold it up into a square and insert it in a zip lock bag' date=' that should ease some of my discomfort where my port is... So far it has worked!! Tomorrow I start the next phase of liquids... Where can I go find recipes that are healthy??

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk[/quote']

I am so happy for you. Send me your email in a message and I will email you a packet that will be helpful with meals. I hope my surgery get approved this week. I'm scheduled for Thursday at 2:00 pm

I am due to have surgery on the 26th. I've lost 25 pounds during the past floor months, and now my kids don't want me to have surgery. they say I can do this on my own and that surgery is cheating. They also say that out will be awful to have to live with these restrictions for the rest of my life. i'm now having doubts. Can anyone relate?

Yea!! So happy for you!! I will be joining you On Thursday!

Yea!! So happy for you!! I will be joining you On Thursday!

I am so excited. I haven't been able to sleep. Congratulations. What time is your surgery?

To all that have myfitnesspal or who are going to join. Please add me username: Teachone