Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction? How Do You Jnow Youre There?

Hi everyone I have a question. I had my surgery on June 4th starting weight was 264 it has been 4 months and I have only dropped to 244. Ire entry had my 3rd fill yesterday. Before I left the doctors office I needed them to take some out because I couldn't swallow Water let alone my on saliva. I actually threw up a little in the doctors office. So I had my doctor take some out and I felt better instantly. Anyways it's been 4 months little frustrated that I see all these individuals having these huge successes and I am not seeing anything.

Can anyone let me know how do you know if you're starting to feel restriction? Today I had a little yogurt and practically felt it go down my stomach and come right back up.. Not sure if I should continue liquids today till I feel a little more comfortable. Be aide the two bites I did have did not feel good going down. Is this how restrictions could feel.

Also a lot of people say signs of burping or hiccups are signs that let you know you're full. Well since surgery I wake up burping a d every now and then hiccups. Is this normal?

Thanks guys just nee some motivation. Really have no one to talk to about this.

Hi everyone I have a question. I had my surgery on June 4th starting weight was 264 it has been 4 months and I have only dropped to 244. Ire entry had my 3rd fill yesterday. Before I left the doctors office I needed them to take some out because I couldn't swallow Water let alone my on saliva. I actually threw up a little in the doctors office. So I had my doctor take some out and I felt better instantly. Anyways it's been 4 months little frustrated that I see all these individuals having these huge successes and I am not seeing anything.

Can anyone let me know how do you know if you're starting to feel restriction? Today I had a little yogurt and practically felt it go down my stomach and come right back up.. Not sure if I should continue liquids today till I feel a little more comfortable. Be aide the two bites I did have did not feel good going down. Is this how restrictions could feel.

Also a lot of people say signs of burping or hiccups are signs that let you know you're full. Well since surgery I wake up burping a d every now and then hiccups. Is this normal?

Yesterday you were too tight, so you are awful close if not at restriction. Some people cannot eat solids in the morning. I would take it easy on the eating front for another day or so to let your stomach settle down. When you start to eat normal foods, make sure to take small bites, chew,chew,chew, and wait a while between bites. If you start to feel pain in your throat, stop eating and let it pass.

Thank you. I hope that I am getting close I would really like to see a return on this investment for my health. The small victories are nice with losing inches. But that number on the scale is not getting lower.

Yea I think today I will definitely take your advice into maybe holding off on the food. Maybe another day. I do notice tightness in the morning too.. Once I drink coffee I am a little looser.

Sitting in the same boat, your story sound so much like mine, last weekend I actually ended up in the ER throwing up blood, they were not concerned with the blood and didn’t call my band doctor because he is no longer with that hosp and to be honest I really didn’t feel they knew anything about the band, they gave me a glazed look when I stated this all started after a stuck episode, so five days later we have decided that I am just going to baby this band that is a little on the tight side, my band office stated that as I lose weight the band would loosen, I read some of the post on here about being too tight causing erosion slips etc. and it gets me all worked up, and then I call my office and they act like I am overreacting, it is such a learning process.

I just had my 4th fill afterward I was told to do liquid for 24 and then mushy for 24. I have had to be careful, had one stuck episode (1st real one).

Are you working out? If so you maybe building muscle, which weighs more than fat, so you could actually be getting smaller (inch), with out the weight going down. Guys building muscle some much quicker than women so this could be a major reason why you have not dropped as much as some.

Just make sure you are following the guidelines and as long as the scales are going in the right direction and you are feeling good, don't stress to much. (I know easier said that done- I am telling myself as much a you)

Hope things get better.

In my case once I started eating real foods I started counting calories using an ap on my phone. I tracked everything except toothpaste. My number was1000 a day. I was able to get that I. Eating 2 meals of 1/4 c startch, 1/2 c veggies and 3/4 oz of Protein. I also had 2 Snacks and a sugar free instant Bfast in the morning because food and I do not agree first thing, I knew that I needed a fill when that didn't keep me satisfied and I was looking for food.< /p>

Until you are completely comfortable in the green zone you shouldn't eat u til you are full because you really don't know how much you are eating ANd you won't lose weight unless you tAke in Less calories than you burn. Remember 3600 calories equals a pound,

Best of luck

Check your calorie intake with your exercise. I usually try to exercise away 3/4 of the calories I take in each day. Typically I eat 550 calories and exercise off 400 each day. It's working for me. Talk to your nutritionist. They will go over everything you are eating and let you know. They all have different programs. It took. Me several months to figure out what works for me.

Also, you should not be throwing up! Keep in mind that yogurt alone is a slider, it will not make you feel full. If you are on mushies, that is ok. When I had my first fill I was told liquids for 2 days and then mushies for 2 days before returning to normal food. Your stomach has to adjust to the fill as it causes swelling. Try a Protein drink for the first couple days, then yogurt. If you continue to have problems, you need to get a small unfill.

Best wishes!