Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh Boy Pre Surgery Liquid Protein Diet

My surgery is the 24th and I strat my liquid diet next week. Ive been trying various Protein drinks once a day and I tell you they dont fill me up. I'm seeing a real struggle in my future. How did you survive, I gotta find stuff to keep me busy in the evenings.

Golden

u will find out that the Protein Drinks do fill u up after u get banded :)

I will say, this is STILL the hardest part of Lap Band. The pre-surgery diet! Ughhhhh Just remember it only lasts 2 weeks.

Ewwwwww, I had to do a whole month of pre op diet, I got through it but by the end I just had the Protein bars. Since being banded have not had one Protein shake, would rather gauge my eyes out lol. I even told my surgeon that and he laughed. I agree the liquid pre op was the hardest for me too.

Just keep yourself extra busy, it's tough but knowing you will be banded at the end if it you'll stick to it.

Good luck!!!

My surgery is the 24th and I strat my liquid diet next week. Ive been trying various Protein drinks once a day and I tell you they dont fill me up. I'm seeing a real struggle in my future. How did you survive, I gotta find stuff to keep me busy in the evenings.

Golden

you see a struggle already?

we need to change your mindset.

its hard to this all liquid. i was thinking before i started

a month all liquid, there is no way in hell i could ever do this..i truly did.........the first 4 days were hard..i admit

but you know what, i was able to do it without cheating as did alot of others. how? why? because we had too and we wanted it bad enough.

i was in bad shape and figured if the insurance approved me and i went through all the pre ops and appts there is no way in hell i'd blow it because i was (hungry).. yes i was hungry. the Protein shakes do fill you up. as did the broths, (i drained chicken Soup and used the juice w/my broth for more flavor) and i lived on sf pop sicles. but i did it because i wanted to.....its a personal choice and a mental game. you either want this enough to follow the instructions per the dr or you dont.

per the poster who hasnt had a shake since surgery...i am the opposite. i drink one every morning. its Soup i havent touched since i came off my liquids. not looking forward to whenever i get a fill but i will cross that bridge when i get there.

you can do this

give yourself some credit.

its not all bad and only for a short time

Thanks All for your replys. Carolina Girls thanks so much for the reality check, you went straight to the point no BSing around it. I needed that....... I have accomplished much getting to approval and while its gonna be tough I need to get outta of my way. No more negative from me.... And if I should slip I will remember you "Go Tarheels".

Golden

Thanks All for your replys. Carolina Girls thanks so much for the reality check, you went straight to the point no BSing around it. I needed that....... I have accomplished much getting to approval and while its gonna be tough I need to get outta of my way. No more negative from me.... And if I should slip I will remember you "Go Tarheels".

Golden

i got your back.....here when/if you need me.

you got this.....this is the hard part....think of the reward sweetie :)

Thanks All for your replys. Carolina Girls thanks so much for the reality check' date=' you went straight to the point no BSing around it. I needed that....... I have accomplished much getting to approval and while its gonna be tough I need to get outta of my way. No more negative from me.... And if I should slip I will remember you "Go Tarheels".

Golden[/quote']

CG gives the best tough love! :)

CG gives the best tough love! :)

awe .............so very nice my yellow rose of texas

Ok going to bed... When I wake up I will begin my pre op liquid diet. I have a headache and blood sugar is high. But tomorrow is the beginning of the rest of my life.

Golden

I'm just starting in my journey! Will I have to do a liquid diet also?

Your dr will tell you. They all require different things. Just remember to not vary from your teams plan. They know you best and are responsible for your care. Do you have a band date yet?

Made it through the first day preop and it wasnt that bad:

Lived in the bathroom had to go every hour

Instead of mindlessly eating i was self aware all day. I went outside for lunch and walked past my favorite food truck and thought about what life is gonna be like in 6+ weeks. I thought about how I can have the crab and lobster salad but it will probably be three meals.

The trip home was interesting because my normal routine is to get home and have dinner and wine. Today I took a bath because I couldnt eat and it felt relaxing and good. I thought ok nice way to unwind. Its just 7:30 and i have a headache but all I can do is lay in bed because its safe. I will get though this and learn during this journey. food has had to much power and influence over me and my body is evidence of the damage.

night nite!

Golden

I am on day 4 of pre-op. I only had to do a week of liquids. The chocolate Adkins advantage is very good. For me once I got past day three it got better.

Just started day 3 preop and I am fine. The first night I cried in bed and balled up in the fetus position with a severe headache. Not that I have ever had to withdraw from drugs but I thought to myself that withdrawing from food was like withdrawing from drugs.

day 2 rolled in and I did good all day. I drank a lot of broth poured off from progressive Soups and that took the egde off. Day 3 and headache gone due to clariton and I woke up well rested and not starving. I even have energy to go to gym for a good workout.

One lesson I learned is its not a good idea to go on a eating spree prior to preop. I ate my butt off and my blood sugar levels went through the roof. I think that made the first preop diet day hell because my system was shocked.

Golden