Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting This Thing Out Of Me!!!

i have regretted this thing for awhile and i am now resenting it. i have been told its slipping and i should switch to the sleeve. well, i dont want to be stuck with something else. especially if its not reversible! i think the lapband has too much hype and unfortunately i bought into it. i lost about 35 lbs before i had to go back to weight watchers. then i lost 6 lbs. 6 lbs combined with weight watchers, starving myself and lap band?!? thats just not worth my time, money and energy. i just want this thing out of me asap. no more surgeries. there is and never will be (in my life time) an easy way out of being fat.

good luck to those of you who have had it done. this is not something i would recommend to my worst enemy. all its doing right now is putting me in danger of emergency surgery.

Sorry you feel this way....but to me its been a life saver.....I couldnt do it alone...lord knows I tryed...and have lost 50 lbs over and over.....this time....im doing it and feeling great !

Sorry you feel this way....but to me its been a life saver.....I couldnt do it alone...lord knows I tryed...and have lost 50 lbs over and over.....this time....im doing it and feeling great !

good for you! thats because you are willing to follow the rules. i on the other hand am not because i cant. i am still working through that with my therapist...but it is something i should have figured out before i made the decision to do the lap band. i thought it would make me happy. good luck with everything!

Its not right for everyone doesnt sound like its the band you have an issue with its the mental issues you have that got you here. I hope you get to the bottom of them and have a happy healthy life.

Hugs and prays

line dancer

good for you! thats because you are willing to follow the rules. i on the other hand am not because i cant. i am still working through that with my therapist...but it is something i should have figured out before i made the decision to do the lap band. i thought it would make me happy. good luck with everything!

Looks like you are not ready for any kind of weight loss program whether it be surgery or even weight watchers. I truly hope you find a satisfactory solution to your problem.

Lots of hugs coming your way.

Lynn

Sadly many people are like you and thought this would fix the problem but Lapband is just as much work if not more than dieting. Lapband forces you to follow the rules if you expect results. Sorry you have had issues, maybe your therapist can help you work through some of your issues. Really sorry this did not work for you, good luck with your journey which ever direction it takes you.

doesnt sound like its the band you have an issue with its the mental issues you have that got you here

its both actually.

i appreciate all the well wishes from everyone but i posted this in here after reading all the other posts with people who dislike it as much as me...where are those people?

its both actually.

i appreciate all the well wishes from everyone but i posted this in here after reading all the other posts with people who dislike it as much as me...where are those people?

Where are those people? Personally, I believe they're all camping out on another WLS site right now, but they'll show up here sooner or later, because misery loves company.

It's hard for me to respond to your post because I don't know you and I'm not clear on exactly why you hate your band so much. Band slippage is rarely an emergency. It's often fixed with a complete unfill and rest period. Some slips do require surgery to fix them.

I have to say that I feel its more that YOU are not ready then it is the band. I have been reading up on weight loss surgery for about a year now and I found that many people are not clear that its not a quik fix to their weight problem. They hear people say that they have to work out and follow the dr.s orders but it just dont sink in. Those people just see the pictures of someone that has went from 280 to 140 in a year or two and think if I have this weight loss surgery my problems are over with my weight...I know because years ago I was one of those people that would say things like "well she should have lost 200 pounds she had the bypass done". After the past year of reading and watching youtube I now know that is not the case. Its a lot of HARD work you just dont have to battle being hungry so as much as without the surgery plus its a little easier to keep it off.

I kind of see it as: I will be getting a new little stomach, that I have to care for not to over eat and make it large again to where I eat 4,000 calories a day in order to fill it up so it wont be hungry...its more or less a new start on fulling up the right way

In order for any wls or diet to work YOU have to change, you have to want to be successful. From what you have posted it doesn't sound like you want success. It sounds like you want to blame a piece of plastic for everything you dud wrong. And you want us to agree with you, well sorry no can do.

I use my band the way the doctors told me to and I am seeing success.

Good luck to you on yohr journey, I hope you find happiness along the way.

In order for any wls or diet to work YOU have to change, you have to want to be successful. From what you have posted it doesn't sound like you want success. It sounds like you want to blame a piece of plastic for everything you dud wrong. And you want us to agree with you, well sorry no can do.

I use my band the way the doctors told me to and I am seeing success.

Good luck to you on yohr journey, I hope you find happiness along the way.

youre a ******* ***** and have no compassion for the ones it doesnt work for. you know NOTHING about my life and the **** i have gone through. i DO want success but i cant DO IT. ive been dieting since i was 10! i cant hang on long enough to get the damn thing to work! so think before you attack or youll be attacked back.

you had to lose 90 lbs. BIG DEAL. i have to lose 166. i posted this for sympathy from the people who want it the f**k out of them (refer to the post about having it out hooray). i dont care if i get deleted for my language because i am done dealing with people who constantly blame me for being stubborn. it is so much more then that. this piece of plastic is making my life hell. if you had read what i said i should have figured the mental/emotional stuff out first but didnt. you dont know why i got it done. i was pressured by more then one person. i tried to make everyone happy. because i like making people happy. i thought it would help. well look where i am now!!!

and btw i dont care if you ******* agree with me or not. i wasnt talking to YOU.

im DONE.

and another thing. i dont know why anyone that has had success with the lapband would come into the lapband removal forum and preach how good they are and how shitty i am for not following the rules. go back to your own side.

It's hard for me to respond to your post because I don't know you and I'm not clear on exactly why you hate your band so much. Band slippage is rarely an emergency. It's often fixed with a complete unfill and rest period. Some slips do require surgery to fix them.

because i was told FROM MY SURGEON that i had 6 months to a year to decide on taking it out, fixing it or replacing it. if this is whats going to happen when i dont follow the rules, then take it out because i cant keep spending this kind of money to be miserable.

youre a ******* ***** and have no compassion for the ones it doesnt work for. you know NOTHING about my life and the **** i have gone through. i DO want success but i cant DO IT. ive been dieting since i was 10! i cant hang on long enough to get the damn thing to work! so think before you attack or youll be attacked back.

you had to lose 90 lbs. BIG DEAL. i have to lose 166. i posted this for sympathy from the people who want it the f**k out of them (refer to the post about having it out hooray). i dont care if i get deleted for my language because i am done dealing with people who constantly blame me for being stubborn. it is so much more then that. this piece of plastic is making my life hell. if you had read what i said i should have figured the mental/emotional stuff out first but didnt. you dont know why i got it done. i was pressured by more then one person. i tried to make everyone happy. because i like making people happy. i thought it would help. well look where i am now!!!

and btw i dont care if you ******* agree with me or not. i wasnt talking to YOU.

im DONE.

I am sorry you are so angry and hurt, I responded to your post with an opinion. I said it sounds like you wanted to blame, I didn't accuse you of blaming. I do have compassion and I fully understand the doing things to make others happy. That's me too.

I truely hope you are able to get your band removed and put all this behind you. Please know that all I want is for you to find the happiness you deserve.