Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1St Fill No Real Difference In Restriction Already 5 Cc's In A 10 Cc Band Help I'm Freaking Out!

just had my first fill 5 cc's any 10 CC band and there's no real difference in restriction I can still eat normally and I get hungry after just a little while is this normal? my understanding is 5 CC's in a 10 Cc band is a big first fill so I'm worried.... also I don't know what my restrictions are for eating how many calories I should have a day how much fat how many carbohydrates I just don't know any ideas? I am exercising but it's very hard to try and find extra time I'm working on that and I've been pretty good with my dad but I've only lost about 18 pounds since I was banded on July 25th.... my cell was just last week however so I was a little late getting that but I am a little scared because I don't notice much difference in restriction... I have a 10 Cc realize band and it has 5 CC's in it what is a normal green zone/ sweet spot fill? I'm just confused because I thought that the band would make it to where I was fuller sooner and fuller longer.... I'm nervous and could use your advice thanks for your help!

First, it usually takes people multiple fills before they can tell a difference. Second, the amount in your band is completely irrelevant, all that matters is how you feel. Some people have adequate restriction after having very little in their band whereas others need a lot. It's all dependent on your anatomy so don't compare your Fluid to anyone else.

When you do have adequate Fluid in the band, it's supposed to keep satisfied on less food for longer periods of time. Ideally, a cup or less per meal for at least 4-5 hours. But keep in mind the band isn't supposed to stop you from eating more than a cup per meal, it's your job to restrict your portions, not the bands job.

As far as calories, Protein, fat, and carbs, your doctor or nutritionist should've went over all this with you before being banded. If not, or you have never seen a nutritionist, I would advise seeing one to set up food guidelines. It's pretty crucial to success with the band.

Best wishes to you.

I ditto Missy's comments. It took me 6 fills to get to the green zone. The first 2 did nothing and the 3rd gave me a little restriction.

tmf

Missy is correct. I had little info after my surgery and I made a second appt with a nutrionist to clear some stuff up for myself. I had a whole new set of questions to ask and I got the proper answers. I feel much more confident in my journey since I have seen my nutrionist. I know I am in control and what I should be doing.

Good luck!

Missy is correct. I had little info after my surgery and I made a second appt with a nutrionist to clear some stuff up for myself. I had a whole new set of questions to ask and I got the proper answers. I feel much more confident in my journey since I have seen my nutrionist. I know I am in control and what I should be doing.

Good luck!

So right on with this post. I met with my nutritionist during my 3rd fill and she nailed down some reasons why I wasn't losing. I think too many people poo poo the contributions a good dietician or nutritionist makes to your weight loss goals.

BTW-And from my 3rd fill on I began my real journey of losing weight and understanding how my band works with my body.

tmf

Also just wanted to add give it some time- I always feel tighter the morning after and even a few days after then when I had my fill... took me 4 fills to get to feeling green zone and now I'm here but my weight seems to have stalled for now but I'm not giving up - hope you won't either!! Best of luck to you.

thank you all for your advice I have my surgery done Mexico so following up on the nutritionist is a little hard to do but I will try my best so how many calories do you stay below do you count your carbohydrates and Protein intake?

thank you all for your advice I have my surgery done Mexico so following up on the nutritionist is a little hard to do but I will try my best so how many calories do you stay below do you count your carbohydrates and Protein intake?

Talk to the doctor who is doing your fills and have them recommend a nutritionist. Everyone is told different food guidelines to follow so everyone has a different idea of the "right" diet to follow. You need to see a nutritionist to set up guidelines specifically geared to you.

I had to see a nutritionist at my own cost for 6 months prior to surgery. $40/hr.